Yeah, there are things to fix... But also we have things to enjoy

+
lifepaths and everything seems pointless in comparison.
Yeah, the only good lifepath system in a RPG is the Traveller one:
1622914511672.png

Enlisting too much in the marines to get bonus combat skills (3 terms), the character suffered injuries and decreased health points... I took the operation, but bad dice rolling and the character just died in the character creation screen.

Actually no... They told in the trailer in an hidden message that we were able to create our character. Also the electric central example was just an example but new vegas is reactive in pretty much everything cyberpunk no really.

oh my.jpg

And this was not in a early stage of development they kept saying it was an rpg to then swap on twitter the description with action adventure. in reality is a first person looter shooter with bland roleplay elements. And is such a shame considering the in depth RPG the game is based on.

Truly a waste of opportunity,

I still say the Story is the absolute Worst thing about the game, as it's not about You, your V or anything, it's just... about how you choose to die, that's not fun that's not engaging, hell, unless you play a very certain way your death is assured due to some deus Ex Machina chip. I wanted to play a corpo enforcer, not some anti corp psycho ghost boy slowly taking over my head... lifepaths and everything seems pointless in comparison.
This is one of the biggest sticking points with me still. This wasn't V's story, it was about johnny Silverhand. I too waited months for this game to come out and this one item really disappointed me. Then, as you mentioned, it was picking the path and how V was going to die.

Yeah, yeah, all been said before, I get it. Still, this could have been done differently and Johnny Silverhand's story could have possibly been a separate 'path' of it's own. Regardless, I still enjoy the heck out of this game and will still be playing it for a while. :shrug:

Strangely, I like johnny :(
Even though these methods are (very) questionable, I can understand him.
I think, me too, I could might want to blow up the Araska Tower with a nuclear bomb, burn the world and everything in it... if they had killed the woman I love (even if johnny don't really admit it).

This is one of the biggest sticking points with me still. This wasn't V's story, it was about johnny Silverhand. I too waited months for this game to come out and this one item really disappointed me. Then, as you mentioned, it was picking the path and how V was going to die.

I really Wanted to like the game, even got to the point where I got the Johnny jacket, before I couldn't anymore. Would of loved the game if not Johnny.

It had the opertunity to be a great game, but the fact that Almost no matter what You're dead, just kills the enjoyment for me.

Strangely, I like johnny :(
Even though these methods are (very) questionable, I can understand him.
I think, me too, I could might want to blow up the Araska Tower with a nuclear bomb, burn the world and everything in it... if they had killed the woman I love (even if johnny don't really admit it).
I have to give you this. But Johnny had his own story and in a strange way I liked him too, just not the way his story was presented...if that makes any sense. I get what you mean. ;)
Post automatically merged:

I really Wanted to like the game, even got to the point where I got the Johnny jacket, before I couldn't anymore. Would of loved the game if not Johnny.

It had the opertunity to be a great game, but the fact that Almost no matter what You're dead, just kills the enjoyment for me.
I partially agree with you, I still think this is a great game. The ground work has been laid and the potential here is enormous. We just have to wait and see where the CDPR team takes it. I haven't given up hope. ;)

I feel, a sequal might be good, something that can build on what was created, actually give the lifepaths meaning, remove the Johnny equation and make it about Our character our choices. Then yeah the game has vast potential, but just not while we're living in another character's shadow.

I feel, a sequal might be good, something that can build on what was created, actually give the lifepaths meaning, remove the Johnny equation and make it about Our character our choices. Then yeah the game has vast potential, but just not while we're living in another character's shadow.
I understand that there are a lot of op people who don't like the idea of being a host of someone, especially if this person can be very unpleasant for most of the time, but at least makes the story more unique. The most of the games are about saving someone else, here V needs to survive and to get rid of Johnny. I also don't expect that they will do the same thing in a sequel, I personally like Johnny, but enough is enough :)

And how are we living in another character's shadow? Apart from 2 unskippable scenes, Silverhand have as much influence on V as V gives him. You are given the choice to say 'fuck off' if you wish to.
....sequel no. Improve the game in expansions....

And how are we living in another character's shadow? Apart from 2 unskippable scenes, Silverhand have as much influence on V as V gives him. You are given the choice to say 'fuck off' if you wish to.
....sequel no. Improve the game in expansions....

Because if you don't get all buddy buddy with him, he'll eventually take over v's body killing their personality/mind/soul. So, yeah you could tell him to fuck off, but then you die. the story isn't about you it's about silverhand. I want the story to focus on Me, my character and how I survive in night city, not how I choose to die. If the end is already decided for me, there is no point.

But I do agree expansions could be good.

Because if you don't get all buddy buddy with him, he'll eventually take over v's body killing their personality/mind/soul. So, yeah you could tell him to fuck off, but then you die. the story isn't about you it's about silverhand. I want the story to focus on Me, my character and how I survive in night city, not how I choose to die. If the end is already decided for me, there is no point.

But I do agree expansions could be good.

....nope. Sorry, but I still can't see how that makes it a story about Silverhand and not about a merc, who did something stupid and now have to figure how to deal with the consequences:)

....but yes, I do hope the expansions will be less focused and just let us 'live' as a merc (whether that will be V or new character).

Because if you don't get all buddy buddy with him, he'll eventually take over v's body killing their personality/mind/soul.
You're absolutely not obliged to become "buddy buddy" with johnny or even to do any of his side quests. You will probably miss one ending ("Fear the Reaper" that's for sure) but the other leftovers available (Sun/Star/Devil).
And V could always return in his body if you want to :)

The only thing you can actually miss is all of johnny's contents, but hey you won't miss it if you already ignore it and always said him "fuck off".

I mean yeah if you want to play all the multiple endings on one play through and complete everything then yeah.. you have to follow a set path and be nice to johnny.. .. If however you play a character and deicde on a background and roleplay it it isn't an issue, you'll get a fitting story and a great ending and plenty of content left unseen for another roleplay/character. If you play it like it's a roleplaying game that's what you get.. If you expect to complete evrything with one character and somehow it be different next time you play then you're out of luck

Story, graphics and music...

Well...

I call that a movie.

If I can't hack because it freeze the screen, if I can't touch a camera because it lock in place my character, if I can't see my character even in the item screen... I don't enjoy it.

It is a good movie but a poor game. When they finish the release of updates I will finally fill it to the brim with mods and giving him a real flesh. I don't like licking bones.

Story, graphics and music...

Well...

I call that a movie.

If I can't hack because it freeze the screen, if I can't touch a camera because it lock in place my character, if I can't see my character even in the item screen... I don't enjoy it.

It is a good movie but a poor game. When they finish the release of updates I will finally fill it to the brim with mods and giving him a real flesh. I don't like licking bones.
It's not against you, but if I look your avatar, I see a game reference.
In this game : good story, good graphics (for his time), good musics... but nothing too great in the gameplay. But it's still a really great game :)

I love synthwave, but I don't mind that they have chosen other music genres.
It seems to me less like they chose other music genres so much as they chose one music genre.
I mean, sure, with minor variations, but honestly, CP2077's music all sounds the same to me. Like, the differences are more like the differences between bands that play the same genre, rather than between genres.

And they chose a style of music I deeply and intensely hate. So, there is that.

Honestly, I never noticed that. I would not go as far as to endorse retrowave for CP77 but only now after reading your post have I noticed how much they strayed from the cyberpunk synthwave roots.

And I really, honestly, just wanted to be pandered to.

Until now, most of my involvement with the cyberpunk genre has been in non-interactive forms, and I really wanted a big, AAA cyberpunk experience that finally let me live what before I could only watch or read.
So, I really wanted CP2077 to hit all the big tropes, yanno? I wanted CDPR to resist their urge to improvise/innovate when it came to representing the genre, and give a very typical experience when it came to the flavor of the world.

Also, I think this was a decision based not only on commercial premises. CDPR's cyberpunk was not meant to be ultra retro. I think they genuinely wanted their interpretation of it feel different, more modern.

And that's part of the problem, too: I think CDPR made the game they wanted, and didn't really consider what the end user might have wanted.

It seems to me less like they chose other music genres so much as they chose one music genre.
I mean, sure, with minor variations, but honestly, CP2077's music all sounds the same to me. Like, the differences are more like the differences between bands that play the same genre, rather than between genres.

I don't understand what you mean :(
If I take radios (where you can listen most of game's musics), for me, between "Pacific Dreams", "Body Heat Radio", "Radio Vexelstrom", "The Dirge" or "Morro Rock"... It's sound like totally different genres... But maybe it's me, with my ear not at all musical :)

For me, it's Pacific Dreams, good & relaxing music.

Last edited:

When there's radio stations such as Vexelstrom, Pacific Dreams, Principales, Blue .. something something, I think its easy and fair to say there's multiple music genres in the game.
And that you happen to dislike most of them, thats.. well, unfortunate I suppose. But also just that I'm affraid.

And that's part of the problem, too: I think CDPR made the game they wanted, and didn't really consider what the end user might have wanted.
Are you surprised, really? I mean. Its their game and I have to assume their vision. So I can't really blame them, nor expect otherwise... Actually, I'm glad they made a game they themselves wanted to make, rather than make something that a mass of people cries out for, which no doub will have gone all over the football field regardless.
Post automatically merged:

I don't understand what you mean :(
If I take radios (where you can listen most of game's musics), for me, between "Pacific Dreams", "Body Heat Radio", "Radio Vexelstrom", "The Dirge" or "Morro Rock"... It's sound like totally different genres... But maybe it's me, with my ear not at all musical :)

For me, it's Pacific Dreams, good & relaxing music.
Vexelstrom for me mostly :D

i love this title, my personal opinion here

I really liked the beginning of the story, masterpiece quality. Each lifepath was very well done, and Jackie was phenomenal. Sadly after Jackie dies, it becomes a Keanu Reeves simulator. I will never understand why they got rid of Jackie for Johnny. If they would have told me most of the game was about Johnny silverhand and not V, I wouldn't have bought the game. Other than that I did enjoy the aesthetics of the city, music, and combat.

Top Bottom