Yen Or Triss?

+
But what about Ciri?

Well, the way I see it, Ciri definitely loves Yen more and naturally would prefer Geralt to end up with her. However, Ciri is not a child, she can understand Geralt and respect his choice. It's not like she'll live with Geralt and his partner of choice anyway. She can still see both Geralt and Yen and have their support, even though they are not in a relationship. And Ciri loves Geralt and would want him to be happy whatever choices he makes, same way Geralt wants that for her.

Let's be honest, but you all forgot one very important fact in my Opinion!

You all talk about Geralt and stuff...

But what about Ciri? Geralt introduced Ciri to Yennefer, and Ciri loved Yennefer! Yen was always the real mother to her!

Now, Ciri loves Geralt and Yen, and if Geralt would leave Yen it would also break Ciri's heart, i think! Because as Ciri loves both, it would be horrible for her to see them both apart from eachother! Even if Geralt would go to Triss then. But Ciri loves Yen more than Triss.
(Well now i have also said something useful i guess in this Thread....:p)

I think Ciri as an adult would want the people she cares about to be happy despite whatever personal preferences she might have towards Geralt/Yen.

I am not sure about that, as she grew up with Geralt and Yen being together! Also we know that Ciri always wanted to be as a family with them both!

I am not sure about that, as she grew up with Geralt and Yen being together!
Well, to be perfectly honest, the three of them never spend that much time together. How much time do they spend in LotL together? Few months at best. Ciri is 22-23 if I'm not mistaken and for the most part of her life she has been alone or somehow separated from Geralt and Yen. Last time they were all together, Ciri was a teen, since then she has matured, lived alone and took care of herself. I don't think she is that dependent on Geralt and Yen. They are the people she loves the most in the world, no question there, but I think she can accept them being separated.

@saltyB agreed.

Geralt is chasing after Yen and Ciri at the start of the game, once he meets Yen he learns about Ciri. The game is set on the path to push you towards Yennefer, the game feels like its on the path towards Yennefer. To be with Triss you effectively have to abandon that. Frankly it's pretty obvious that Geralt and Yennefer is the main love story. If you prefer Triss then that's your loss. The fact that people try to make up that Geralt loved Yennefer and has now changed just tilts me so hard. Geralt loves Yen, that's the lore that's the canon, feel free to break it for Triss, its an RPG game after all :)

Well, to be perfectly honest, the three of them never spend that much time together. How much time do they spend in LotL together? Few months at best. Ciri is 22-23 if I'm not mistaken and for the most part of her life she has been alone or somehow separated from Geralt and Yen. Last time they were all together, Ciri was a teen, since then she has matured, lived alone and took care of herself. I don't think she is that dependent on Geralt and Yen. They are the people she loves the most in the world, no question there, but I think she can accept them being separated.

As you say! She was alone and separated from them! But not because she wanted to >.>

Your point makes no real sense, if she could, she would have spent much more time with them!

Now, Ciri loves Geralt and Yen, and if Geralt would leave Yen it would also break Ciri's heart, i think! Because as Ciri loves both, it would be horrible for her to see them both apart from eachother! Even if Geralt would go to Triss then. But Ciri loves Yen more than Triss.
Are you sure?! Ciri's behavior to Yen is frequently repulsing and distanced (in the game TW3 of course!!!) in my opinion. If I remember the scene when Ciri came back to Kaer Morhen...

Your point makes no real sense, if she could, she would have spent much more time with them!
Of course she would, but life had other plans and Ciri learned to take care of herself and not be dependent on them. She can still spend time with both Geralt and Yen and make up or that time, they don't need to be together for it. I don't like to underestimate Ciri and her maturity, she can manage perfectly well even if her parents are separated.

I am not sure about that, as she grew up with Geralt and Yen being together! Also we know that Ciri always wanted to be as a family with them both!

You understand the problem now? These triss fans are so blinded by their love for her that they destroy all lore and canon just to make Geralts relationship with her seem to make sense.

Ciri wanted nothing more than to be a FAMILY with Geralt/Yen. So if her parents break up she WILL be angry and upset but she will try to understand Geralts decision but disagree with it. Even in the games she is upset if you decide to break geralt/yen up and she is happy and proud if you get together, which a canon Geralt would do.

Stop destroying the story to fit yourself. In the end Geralt/Yen makes sense and it fits the story with Ciri.

Of course she would, but life had other plans and Ciri learned to take care of herself and not be dependent on them. She can still spend time with both Geralt and Yen and make up or that time, they don't need to be together for it. I don't like to underestimate Ciri and her maturity, she can manage perfectly well even if her parents are separated.

Well sure she don't need to be dependent on them. But how do you know that she would perfectly manage it, if her parents would be separated! Her PARENTS! to make it clear...

The fact that people try to make up that Geralt loved Yennefer and has now changed just tilts me so hard.
I don't have to make up anything, I can choose and see it in the game I'm playing. No reason to get tilted though, no one is taking your choice away from you, your Geralt can enjoy his Corvo Bianco retirement regardless what other people like to choose in their game.

[video=youtube;UPw-3e_pzqU]

Okay. There is no canon romance. Both options are viable. The Witcher 3 is is a role playing game. Player agency is inherently part of the story. So any of the choices one can make in the game are valid. The only non-valid options are the ones that aren't available to the player (like killing everyone you see Grand Theft Auto style). Thus both romances are absolutely canon for the purposes of the game. So anyone telling other people their choices aren't valid is not only wrong, but has missed one of the inherent things that makes RPGs enjoyable. This is not Uncharted. There are multiple viable options.

Having said that. I prefer Yen. I've read all the books, personally prefer her romance story line in the games, and do agree that it is more "lore friendly" to the books.

But being more lore friendly can't really be that big of a deal because Sapkowski has said the entire CDPR gaming trilogy is non-canon and inherently not part of the lore at all.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...r-of-the-witcher-books-thinks-about-the-games

"The game - with all due respect to it, but let's finally say it openly - is not an 'alternative version', nor a sequel. The game is a free adaptation containing elements of my work; an adaptation created by different authors," he noted.

"Adaptations - although they can in a way relate to the story told in the books - can never aspire to the role of a follow-up. They can never add prologues nor prequels, let alone epilogues and sequels.

"Maybe it's time to set the matters straight," he went on. "'The Witcher' is a well made video game, its success is well deserved and the creators deserve all the splendour and honour due. But in no way can it be considered to be an 'alternative version', nor a 'sequel' to the witcher Geralt stories. Because this can only be told by Geralt's creator. A certain Andrzej Sapkowski."

Indeed, as I've said many times before, I personally believe an accurate reading of the books implies that
Geralt and Yen die in Rivia in TLOTL.

The Yen romance feels more tightly wound into the TW3's main plot, I like her romance quest better, and it's nice having someone to banter (she likes puns!) with and have conflict with from a storytelling perspective. This may sound contradictory, but Triss gets along with Geralt too well for me. If I were picking which one I would personally want to go on a date with, it would be Triss, because she seems more my type. I'm not a huge fan of type A personalities IRL. But in the game, the Yen / Geralt romance is much more interesting for me because there is both tension and devotion between the two. I like that. I want to see what happens next. I want it to work out between them.

It also doesn't hurt that in the quest Now or Never, telling Triss goodbye and letting her leave on the boat to Kovir seems like the right thing to do. Asking her to continue to place herself in mortal danger so you can continue a relationship seems very selfish to me.

Geralt is chasing after Yen and Ciri at the start of the game,

Incorrect. He's chasing after Yen. He only learns Ciri is back once he gets to Vizima.

Last edited:
Are you sure?! Ciri's behavior to Yen is frequently repulsing and distanced (in the game TW3 of course!!!) in my opinion. If I remember the scene when Ciri came back to Kaer Morhen...

The hug at Kaer Morhen was clearly emotional. The fact there's friction in their relationship in TW3 isn't evidence they don't care about each other.

Of course, because this discussion deals with only one subject for ages: "Is the behavior of Geralt lore-friendly or not, if he starts a relationship with Triss?" Or am I wrong?! ;)

Well the Thread title is still "Yen or Triss"!

I just made one point more in favor of Yennefer!

Soooo....;)

Well sure she don't need to be dependent on them. But how do you know that she would perfectly manage it, if her parents would be separated! Her PARENTS! to make it clear...
Well, a lot of people's parent get separated, it a common thing in real life, it happens and most take it perfectly well. Sure, she may be sad for a while, but she will get over it. Ciri is not selfish and would not want to emotionally blackmail Geralt into being in a relationship he doesn't want just because she likes it better. Also Ciri being on her own for the most of her life would only make that easier. If they lived together for 20 years, maybe it would be different but in this situation, Ciri will take it fine.

Stop destroying the story to fit yourself.
I am not destroying the story, I just prefer a different one and CDPR provided me a chance to play it out.

@Rawls Nicely said, to each their own, different people, different preferences.

Last edited:
Well, but are the personal interests of Ciri really an argument for the behavior of Geralt?! ??? ;)

1, This thread is again about "Yen or Triss", my post was about that!
2, Yes, Geralt loves Ciri more than anything else, she is his Child of destiny! He would never dare to do something that would hurt her feelings, in my opinion!

---------- Post Merged at 03:08 PM ----------

I am not destroying the story, I just prefer a different one and CDPR provided me a chance to play it out.

Then this discussion is useless in the End! Because how i am supposed to change your Opinion!

I just said my Opinion about this Thread.

Incorrect. He's chasing after Yen. He only learns Ciri is back once he gets to Vizima.

I know... But vizima is the start of the game lol. He searches for Yen and then Ciri. Both is at the start of the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom