Yen Or Triss?

+
What I meant was it would mean the Geralt wouldnt go into the swamps with the Baron, wouldnt help crach with Cerys and Hjaalmar now would he have done the quests to help Roche or Zoltan or anyone.

I think ive said it already, but after playing W1 and exploring all possibilities on W2, im having a hard time to fully trust in Triss, she lies and hiddes stuff to Geralt, and some of her explanations on W2 still dont fit correctly, like the part she is not suprised at all or even ask something when Geralt reveals her that Saskia is the dragon.

Triss seems a better choice in W3, but mostly if you did not played the other 2 games, those poke holes on her as a character.

Last edited:
What I meant was it would mean the Geralt wouldnt go into the swamps with the Baron, wouldnt help crach with Cerys and Hjaalmar now would he have done the quests to help Roche or Zoltan or anyone.

All of those are optional, so... And most of them you can do after you rescue Ciri (Cerys, Crach, Hjalmaar etc). But skip important quests like Bloody Baroon would be take it too extreme.Though when the events takes place Ciri's tracks were cold and he was nearby, so I don't see so illogical.

Yes but he got his damn memory back...

Also lore friendly if taken as an extreme would mean that geralt would pretty much not help anyone with any quests and ONLY do what he must to find ciri asap. Just sayin...

While he got his memory back we can't exclude a possibility that events durning amnesia reshaped him in some way. Remember that in books he was much more introverted person than in W3.

That's why the game is so good, each player can have their own experience and call it their lore friendly. I particulaly disagree that Geralt would dump Yen that way to stay with Triss, but that's just my way of see things. I see all endings possible, depends on how you interpret his character, even playing with a solo Geralt it's believable, trying to stay with both (like I did on my very first playthrough), etc.

What can i say? I like the away you think :p

Of course not, I'm talking about gratitude. Gratitude for the things that Yen did for him and Ciri in the past. He dumps the woman that did everything for him like a douchebag and give a sweet and lovely goodbye to the one who didn't did half of it. I felt he went too away from his character, being cold and harsh like that.

And that's why I think the dialogue should be rewritten. Yen deserves that their break up should be held in friendly manner.

It depends. Let's just not forget that Triss was completely condescending with Geralt's death in that whole mess involving Ciri and The Lodge, while Yen asked for them to spare his life and actually died for him in Rivia. So it's not as simple as you said. Of course Triss regreted after and tried to redeem herself, but what's done is done, so it's not even fair to compare their pasts. Like I said, I was talking about gratitude. It's an obvious thing to think that he's more greatful for what Yen did than for what Triss did, that's why this difference on his behaviour called my attention. I'm not saying he should be a douche with Triss, but that he should be more kind with Yen.

I actually like theme regarding Triss and the Lodge in the books. It shows how you can turn one person ideals and turn it against them. Let's be honest here. Triss was a puppet. She only belonged to the Lodge because of her political connections. Does that mean that she is suddenly perfect because she was manipulated? No, but I find it belivable. That's how sects are working in a real life. They find you broken. They feed you with false hope and empty promises of big changes. In W2 it was really awesome when she finally turn away from the Lodge possibly making very powerful enemies.
Well, of course I don't take it extreme but this is actually how I play. I do just the main side quests during the campaing because they involve more emergencial circumstances and close friends (Yen, Triss, Dandelion and etc). Because it doesn't make any sense to me go after collectible gwent cards, join fistfights, be money hungry doing contracts living a normal witcher life and help any random people who crosses his way while his daughter is being hunt like an animal. For me, the sense of urgency of the main campaing get's ruined by that. On my first playthrough I noticed it.

Well, since I'm the kind of guy who don't uses fast travel and a got a lot of mods to get more immersion I guess I'm just too hardcore.

I roleplay differently. For instance I tend to roleplay that Geralt always pushes forward but occasionally he takes contract or two just to buy some food etc. I don't use fast travel system either :p

---------- Updated at 05:28 AM ----------

I think ive said it already, but after playing W1 and exploring all possibilities on W2, im having a hard time to fully trust in Triss, she lies and hiddes stuff to Geralt, and some of her explanations on W2 still dont fit correctly, like the part she is not suprised at all or even ask something when Geralt reveals her that Saskia is the dragon.

Triss seems a better choice in W3, but mostly if you did not played the other 2 games, those poke holes on her as a character.
As long as you don't enforce your opinions and try to turn it into solid fact you can even say that Triss is Kalkstein in dress :p

While he got his memory back we can't exclude a possibility that events durning amnesia reshaped him in some way. Remember that in books he was much more introverted person than in W3.

What can i say? I like the away you think :p

And that's why I think the dialogue should be rewritten. Yen deserves that their break up should be held in friendly manner.

I actually like theme regarding Triss and the Lodge in the books. It shows how you can turn one person ideals and turn it against them. Let's be honest here. Triss was a puppet. She only belonged to the Lodge because of her political connections. Does that mean that she is suddenly perfect because she was manipulated? No, but I find it belivable. That's how sects are working in a real life. They find you broken. They feed you with false hope and empty promises of big changes. In W2 it was really awesome when she finally turn away from the Lodge possibly making very powerful enemies.

I roleplay differently. For instance I tend to roleplay that Geralt always pushes forward but occasionally he takes contract or two just to buy some food etc. I don't use fast travel system either :p

---------- Updated at 05:28 AM ----------

As long as you don't enforce your opinions and try to turn it into solid fact you can even say that Triss is Kalkstein in dress :p

This whole post 100 times.

I read lately that Lambert, when getting drunk in TW3 with other witchers, says as one possible option that he had jumped out of lover's window. And that he meant Triss by that. This was supported by some footprints in Triss' house in Vizima, in TW1 (haven't noticed them myself, and would need to reinstall the game to check that). Anyone knows more about it? If it's true, then may it be quite hypocritical, but it would be another good reason to choose Yen over Triss.

EDIT: also a hint to that, Lambert gives Triss gwent card when losing to Geralt in the game.

Last edited:
I read lately that Lambert, when getting drunk in TW3 with other witchers, says as one possible option that he had jumped out of lover's window. And that he meant Triss by that. This was supported by some footprints in Triss' house in Vizima, in TW1 (haven't noticed them myself, and would need to reinstall the game to check that). Anyone knows more about it? If it's true, then may it be quite hypocritical, but it would be another good reason to choose Yen over Triss.

EDIT: also a hint to that, Lambert gives Triss gwent card when losing to Geralt in the game.

I like, no i just love that theory. It only proves that when you hate someone for the sake of hating you'll always find any argument from anything. In my theory Lambert might actually like men. Listen, it's his idea to wear Yennefer's clothes, so it's "scientifically" proven that he digs men in skirts, also he notices how beautfiul Eskel's waist is. Makes sense right? No?

Last edited:
It only proves that when you hate someoeone for the sake of hating you'll always find any argument from anything.

Totally agree with you here...I've recently read very interesting blog about how Triss is better mother to Ciri...the Yen hating is also very strong on the internet ...
http://killingyouguy7.tumblr.com/post/150867983898/i-get-such-a-kick-out-of-how-much-ciri-looks-like
I get such a kick out of how much Ciri looks like the child of Triss and Geralt. She looks like just what someone on, say, Deviantart might come up with when trying to imagine Triss and Geralt’s love child. She has Geralt’s hair, styled like Triss (especially her alternate outfit). Young Ciri even has one of Triss’ hair ties in her hair. She has Triss’ complexion (and freckles), with Geralt’s scar. Green eyes, just like Triss. Her outfit is a mix of their two styles, a mix of the practical and the fashionable, and her palette is the same as Triss’: white, dark brown, tan and sea green. She even has gems adorning her outfit, like Triss. Her abilities are those of a witcher and a sorceress. And even her personality and morals, especially her compassion and willingness to sacrifice and fight for others, follows Geralt and Triss. There isn’t a single shred of Yennefer in Ciri (thank god!).

Certainly strange, considering what the original author wrote (don’t get me started). But, not so strange when you consider that CDPR relegated Yennefer and made Triss Geralt’s main love interest throughout the series (indeed, she is the second star of the Witcher games). Even coming up with a reason (amnesia) to barely even mention Yen. Then, when they do show her, she’s depicted as a bitch (and called so by everyone in the game, most notably those closest to Geralt), and especially in comparison to Triss (who matches Ciri and Geralt in her nobility and selflessness). Ciri doesn’t have a kind word to say about Yennefer, with the sum of her thoughts on Yen being that she’s a “cold-hearted shrew” that is merely trying to use her.

I love this company, lol. I’m glad they improved and re-imagined the Witcher story and created these games so I could experience it. I’m glad they allowed me to see Geralt happy with someone who cares for him, I’m glad I got to see Triss happy after all she’s sacrificed and endured, and I’m glad they allowed me to save Ciri from the machinations of Yen, Emhyr and the others that want to use her; to let her find her own path. I hope in the next game, if we’re playing as Ciri, I get to let her embrace Triss has her mother, because it’s obvious who she took after.

Well.

Facts:
- there were footprints in the Merigold house in TW1.
- Lambert does say that line during No Place like Home, and he looks awkwardly at Geralt while saying it.
- Lambert knows about the Merigold's scars in the cleavage.

More Facts:
- Lambert rejoices in calling that Merigold "Merigold", because he knows that she loathes being called like that. While this may look like lovers' spat, it can also look like he actually despises her. Which makes it unlikely that he'd jump into her bed.
- In TW1, Lambert went to some other Northern Kingdom rather than Temeria. Let's see. IIRC, Eskel went to Kovir (or Redania), Geralt to Temeria. Other options were probably Kaedwyn and Aedirn. But I am foggy who went where. In any case, Vizima is neither in Aedirn nor in Kaedwyn. And traveling in TW1 actually took some time. I might be wrong about Eskel in Kovir or Redania, but fact is that the other 3 witchers went elsewhere than into the proxmity of Vizima.
- In the books, Triss had that "awesome witcher tingling sensation" when touching Eskel, not Lambert.

Even more facts:
- IMHO Lambert considers Geralt his "brother", not as much as his "friend". His buddy from the Cat school, Aiden (?), now that was what Lambert calls a "friend". This kinda makes the drunk story relate more likely to Aiden rather than Geralt, if you ask me.
- zero nonverbal or verbal clues of any sexual relationship between Lambert and that Merigold while they're in the same area (books, TW1, TW3). They don't even exchange a glance.
- zero clues from others about any sexual relationship between Lambert and that Merigold. And people like Dandelion or Vesemir are notoriously nosy and not shy to offer their opinion about personal details of people all the time.
- zero clues from that Merigold about any sexual relationship between her and Lambert... though eh, that Merigold hides the truth all the time, so who cares about this fact.

=> to sum it up. This hypothesis is very unlikely.

Last edited:
Totally agree with you here...I've recently read very interesting blog about how Triss is better mother to Ciri...the Yen hating is also very strong on the internet ...
http://killingyouguy7.tumblr.com/post/150867983898/i-get-such-a-kick-out-of-how-much-ciri-looks-like

I don't even know how to comment on that. As you surely know I prefer Triss, but this... just wow. Let's just say that I tend to ignore people like this. By the way did you notice that default hairstyle of Geralt's is simmiliar to Vesemirs, Whoresome Junior and Voorhis? Concidence? :p

Guest 3847602

Ho-ly-mo-ther-of-god, wtf did I just read? Embarrassing...:dizzy:
Though, maybe TW3 gave him PTSD, so he went fully delusional, who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ack, one more thing I forgot.

Roche gives the Saskia card.
Bloody Baron gives the Dijkstra card.
Zoltan gives the Eithne card.
Crach gives the Draug card.
Scholar gives the Zoltan card.
Vivaldi gives the Vesemir card.
Gremlist gives the Myst Elf card.
Shani gives the Olgierd card.
Olgierd gives the Toad card.
ex-Scoia'Tael Elf merchant gives the Ciri card.

Yeah. I mean. I don't see any rule here stating "this NPC gives this specific card because he had sex with the person depicted on this card".

If anything, then there's a slight tendency of the NPC giving cards depicting people who were on the opposing side of the NPC in some regard:

- "Shani somewhat fancied Vlodomir, and Vlodomir died because of Olgierd."
- "Olgierd really hated the Toad."
- "in TW2, you either went with Roche or had adventures involving Saskia."
- "Vesemir as an example for the witcher profession is poor as dirt, and Vivaldi is a banker who snobs the poor people."
- "Scoia'Tael were involved in the hunt on Ciri in the books."
- "and Lambert gives the Triss card."

Though mhmmmmm "Dijkstra x Thyssen" and "Thaler x Geralt".... lovely images. :p

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Roche gives the Saskia card.
Bloody Baron gives the Dijkstra card.
Zoltan gives the Eithne card.
Crach gives the Draug card.
Scholar gives the Zoltan card.
Vivaldi gives the Vesemir card.
Gremlist gives the Myst Elf card.
Shani gives the Olgierd card.
Olgierd gives the Toad card.

Yeah. I mean. I don't see any rule here stating "this NPC gives this specific card because he had sex with the person depicted on this card".

... And, best of all, Thaler gives the Geralt of Rivia card...
:geraltsad:

If anything, then there's a slight tendency of the NPC giving cards depicting people who were on the opposing side of the NPC in some regard:

- "Shani somewhat fancied Vlodomir, and Vlodomir died because of Olgierd."
- "Olgierd really hated the Toad."
- "in TW2, you either went with Roche or had adventures involving Saskia."
- "Vesemir as an example for the witcher profession is poor as dirt, and Vivaldi is a banker who snobs the poor people."
- "Scoia'Tael were involved in the hunt on Ciri in the books."
- "and Lambert gives the Triss card."

Hm, indeed.

---------- Updated at 10:58 AM ----------

... And, best of all, Thaler gives the Geralt of Rivia card...
:geraltsad:
Well, Thaler kept saying how he "fucked" ("Fuck this, fuck that") everything, so..

Guest 3847602

Well, Thaler kept saying how he "fucked" ("Fuck this, fuck that") everything, so..

Sure, if TW3 was a game made by certain Canadian company, that would've been a very reasonable conclusion. Or, should I say inclusion. :teeth:

Yen Or Triss Or Thaler?

... :lol:

Hrm, say... I remember Geralt drinking himself oblivious while in dialogue with Thaler in TW1. Who knows what happened there! And all the times Geralt went to bunk in Thaler's home in TW1.

I think we're onto something.

Yen Or Triss Or Thaler?

... :lol:

Hrm, say... I remember Geralt drinking himself oblivious while in dialogue with Thaler in TW1. Who knows what happened there! And all the times Geralt went to bunk in Thaler's home in TW1.

I think we're onto something.

Exactly my thinking. :)

Hrm.

Thaler.

Thaler x Geralt:
- drinking with Thaler, unknown what happened when they were both totally drunk.
- excessive gambling with Thaler. Geralt loved to spend time with his Thaler.
- using Thaler to get rid of all that swanky loot at night, since Thaler was the only merchant around at night. More time spent together. At night. Oooooh.
- Lots of time Geralt then spent the night at Thaler's home for the rest of the night. Ooooh.
- Thaler considers everything from the angle if it's fucking or not. Meaning that he is keenly interested in sex.
- Thaler did hide the truth (he's a spy) from Geralt. He pretended to be just a fence Considering the Merigold situation, hiding truth from Geralt makes apparently the bestest, most perfect romances.
- Thaler sent a present to Geralt in TW2. He was still thinking fondly of Geralt. Awww.
- OCD Geralt probably collects a broken monocle belonging to Thaler early on in TW3 and carries it with him, close to his heart, until endgame.
- Geralt rescues Thaler from a classic "damsel in distress" situation in TW3. This is very romantic.
- Thaler counts as an "Old Pal" in TW3. Well, not totally, but other "Old Pals" refer Geralt to him.

Thaler < / > Geralt:
- Geralt had the opportunity to feed Thaler to the Order of Flaming Rose asshats in TW1. That might count as a breakup.
- Even if Thaler was not fed to the Order of Flaming Rose, he lost interest in Geralt afterwards. No more long nights spent happily together.
- Geralt had plenty of opportunities to act against the interest of Foltest/Thaler in TW1 (killing Adda, siding with Scoia or Order instead of being neutral)
- The Geralt x Shani x Thaler triangle is just awkward.
- Thaler told Geralt that he had "really fucked up" at the La Valette Castle. (still thinking of fucking though!)
- Thaler is not quite an "Old Pal" in TW3. He's got a special category and quest ("Playing Thaler"). This might count both ways, since Zoltan, Roche and Lambert are not former sex partners, and Thaler is not quite one of them. He might not quite have been an old "pal", or he might have been something more than an old "pal".
- Thaler, other than Yen (crystal raven skull) or that Merigold (dead rose of remembrance) is not interested in his quest item (broken monocle.) He shows no interest in such gifts.
- Thaler gives Geralt the flipping Geralt card. :(

Anyway... Dijksta ending > Emhyr > Radovid. So... bye bye Thaler. :(

Top Bottom