Yen Or Triss?

+
Okaaay.. you are taking it a bit too far now, Lytha, but thanks for this interesting line of thought none the less.
PS: I believe Empress Ciri ending is best.

HOWEVER, considering BnW, it's also kinda good to have Witcher Ciri visiting and staying with you, if you choose NEITHER, Triss nor Yen.

Last edited:
I used to be a Triss fan, but then again, I only really played W2 and W3.

After having read the books though (and maturing), I simply cannot find myself to believe that Geralt would choose Triss. She's not trustworthy.
My only regret is that in W3 they came down a bit hard on yennefer. She has her good sides too but they kind of didn't show you that...

After having read the books though (and maturing), I simply cannot find myself to believe that Geralt would choose Triss. She's not trustworthy.

I can't belive that you can't belive. Still both are opinions though. I would like to ask you kindly to not measure someone's maturity by the choices that people make in games, because that's certainly not mature. About Yennefer I agree and don't agree. She seems colder, but it's not hard to understand why. Her daughter is missing after all.

Triss seems a better choice in W3, but mostly if you did not played the other 2 games, those poke holes on her as a character.
I couldn't disagree more. If I only looked at TW3, I wouldn't find Triss nowhere near as appealing as I do now. A part of why I like her character are the flaws she has and the mistakes she makes. It's what makes her such a complex and realistic character. TW3 is her redemption chapter in a way, but to the new players especially, she can seem like a perfect little goody two-shoes and there is more to Triss than that. Add books to the mix and you have a well rounded character that shows a nice variety of human flaws and emotions, good and bad.

About the whole Triss/Lambert theory, I don't buy it one bit. I made a detailed post that explains how I see it, so I'll just link that instead of repeating myself
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/119321-Yen-Or-Triss?p=2922361&viewfull=1#post2922361

Last edited:
Totally agree with you here...I've recently read very interesting blog about how Triss is better mother to Ciri...the Yen hating is also very strong on the internet ...
http://killingyouguy7.tumblr.com/post/150867983898/i-get-such-a-kick-out-of-how-much-ciri-looks-like

And kids, that's exactly how waifu wars are born: from useless and illogical rants, many more beyond hating.

I couldn't disagree more. If I only looked at TW3, I wouldn't find Triss nowhere near as appealing as I do now. A part of why I like her character are the flaws she has and the mistakes she makes. It's what makes her such a complex and realistic character. TW3 is her redemption chapter in a way, but to the new players especially, she can seem like a perfect little goody two-shoes and there is more to Triss than that. Add books to the mix and you have a well rounded character that shows a nice variety of human flaws and emotions, good and bad.

About the whole Triss/Lambert theory, I don't buy it one bit. I made a detailed post that explains how I see it, so I'll just link that instead of repeating myself
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threa...=1#post2922361

I'm going to print that post :p
Anyway there is nothing that even indicates that she lies to Geralt on purpose. In Witcher 2 she is doing exactly opposite. She only suspects that Lodge is responsible for assasinations. She doesn't have any proof. What she had to do? Scream loudly that certain group could possibly be behind recent murders of the kings? She would only endanger herself. After she got evidence from Sheala's megascope she is kidnapped and we don't see her until endgame. I even don't want to talk about rose of remebrance because it's never confirmed if it can be used in one way or more. In Witcher 3 she doesn't tell about Kovir instantly. That doesn't mean that she wouln't told Geralt what her plans were. It's not like she would bash him in the head ad drag his body across whole country to Point Vanis. it's the same thing with Yennefer. You don't understand her character so that surely must mean that she's a b*****. When it comes to characters in Witcher universe it's never that simple to label someone as immature, bitchy etc and I don't belive that CDPR wanted to write Yen/Triss as one dimensional characters that are just evil and malicious.

And kids, that's exactly how waifu wars are born: from useless and illogical rants, many more beyond hating.

zzz.....Oh sorry what's going on here? I feel asleep from listening to all this ranting and I got bored. :sleeping:

Heh, that's one way of putting it. Honestly though, what's with this obsession with fictional people? Can't we all just agree that they're all well written characters and leave it at that?

It;s just as simple as world peace... But I agree wtih you. i hope that you don't mind if qoute you if/when another war flame arises :p

Totally agree with you here...I've recently read very interesting blog about how Triss is better mother to Ciri.
That post is stretching way too hard. There is nothing that shows a motherly bond between Ciri and Triss, not even in the books when Triss takes care of her at KM. The way Ciri interacts with Triss is just different than the way she interacts with Yen from the get go and honestly, I don't even think Triss would want to take the role of Ciri's mother. There is a type of motherly authority Yen shows toward Ciri that Triss never really does. And there is nothing wrong with that, Ciri and Triss can still care for each other without being a mother and a daughter.

She only suspects that Lodge is responsible for assasinations. She doesn't have any proof. What she had to do? Scream loudly that certain group could possibly be behind recent murders of the kings? She would only endanger herself. After she got evidence from Sheala's megascope she is kidnapped and we don't see her until endgame.
Triss did keep the Lodge a secret(if we forget all the people who told Geralt about the Lodge in TW1). What I ultimately care about and what was one of my favorite moments in the games is that Triss finally stands up to the Lodge at the end of TW2 and takes Geralt's side.

In Witcher 3 she doesn't tell about Kovir instantly.
I don't really have a problem with this, she does mention Kovir in the lighthouse, but Geralt asking her to stay is not something she planned so her reluctance to immediately starts talking about them moving to Kovir and possibly ruining the moment is understandable to me. Plus, I really like the fountain scene and how nervous she was talking about the house she got in Kovir, it shows how much it means to her.

Triss did keep the Lodge a secret(if we forget all the people who told Geralt about the Lodge in TW1). What I ultimately care about and what was one of my favorite moments in the games is that Triss finally stands up to the Lodge at the end of TW2 and takes Geralt's side.

Not only that. She is in disagreement before W2 because she took Geralt's side already.

I don't really have a problem with this

It's not a big deal after all. I guess everyone had a moment like this. Not confessing to Witcher of course. Just buliding up courage to talk about something.

Totally agree with you here...I've recently read very interesting blog about how Triss is better mother to Ciri...the Yen hating is also very strong on the internet ...

I actually read once that Yen hates Ciri and Geralt, so...

I actually like theme regarding Triss and the Lodge in the books. It shows how you can turn one person ideals and turn it against them. Let's be honest here. Triss was a puppet. She only belonged to the Lodge because of her political connections.

This is exactly the evolutional process I talked about, from books to games. It's interesting to see how she goes from a Phillipa's puppet and evious of Geralt's and Yen relationship to a confident and independent sorceress, overall. Unfortunatelly I never went through the feeling that she is always keeping Geralt out of something after that Kovir episode.

In W2 it was really awesome when she finally turn away from the Lodge possibly making very powerful enemies.

That's another reason why I dislike the political ending to her (and maybe Geralt), after all she suffered in the books and in W2 with the Lodge and politics she is so ready to jump into that again after six months. In my opinion, that points that she is very attached to high society and a wealthy life style, it's how her personality is. It's so strong that she forgets that trauma in months for the sake of that opportunity.

I roleplay differently. For instance I tend to roleplay that Geralt always pushes forward but occasionally he takes contract or two just to buy some food etc. I don't use fast travel system either

Well, I also do some ocasional contracts because you know, one needs to eat repair his gear :p But just the necessary, right now that I just finished the main campaing I'm doing all the contracts and minor missions in the game, like Geralt says to Emhyr, there is a lot of post war work to do. I'm roleplaying as Geralt is gathering as much as coin he can to buy a nice place to live his life with Yen (which will end up being White Raven). Then I'll start the dlcs.

It's good to see so many people who don't uses fast travel, guess this is forum is filled with hardcore players hehe. I also like the night the darkest possible, makes the game so immersive to me.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/119321-Yen-Or-Triss?p=2922361&viewfull=1#post2922361

Yes, she isn't perfect, has her flaws and has made mistakes. She's basically a...... human. The important and great part is that she grows through out and TW3 shows that.

This is exactly the evolutional process I talked about, from books to games. It's interesting to see how she goes from a Phillipa's puppet and evious of Geralt's and Yen relationship to a confident and independent sorceress, overall. Unfortunatelly I never went through the feeling that she is always keeping Geralt out of something after that Kovir episode.

I'll qoute myself here about Kovir stuff.

It's not a big deal after all. I guess everyone had a moment like this. Not confessing to Witcher of course. Just buliding up courage to talk about something.

That's another reason why I dislike the political ending to her (and maybe Geralt), after all she suffered in the books and in W2 with the Lodge and politics she is so ready to jump into that again after six months. In my opinion, that points that she is very attached to high society and a wealthy life style, it's how her personality is. It's so strong that she forgets that trauma in months for the sake of that opportunity.

And why she shouldn't jump again? She's young, succesful and can do a lot of good. It's never stated that she forgets the trauma, but if she would be always gloomy about it people would say "Poor Triss, CDPR wanted to make us to feel sympathy for her". Even if she likes wealthy lifestyle there's nothing wrong with that, but it's not like she does everything for money. I responded already to you a few posts ago that Triss states that she can reject her position and only wants to be with Geralt in which he automatically declines and accepts her proposition. I think that many people would look at her differently if Geralt could say yes, or no on that scene but I don't see much sense with it. If Geralt wouldn't trust her they wouldn't have this talk in a first place.

What are the points/quests that when completed will force me to decide?
How late can I delay them; or not do them at all?
I think "Now or Never" about the mage escape and "The Last Wish" about the djinn are important - any others?
I "Romanced" Yen after "Long Live the King", I know that won't affect it, but what more "Romancing" between them would, or just answers to the questions?
I put romance in quotes because the internet kept using that word, I'm not sure it means what I think it means.
Physical or just emotional?

P.S. Did anyone get the paraphrased joke?

EDIT:
I'm sorry if this has been asked, 700 replies is alot.

What are the points/quests that when completed will force me to decide?
How late can I delay them; or not do them at all?
I think "Now or Never" about the mage escape and "The Last Wish" about the djinn are important - any others?
I "Romanced" Yen after "Long Live the King", I know that won't affect it, but what more "Romancing" between them would, or just answers to the questions?
I put romance in quotes because the internet kept using that word, I'm not sure it means what I think it means.
Physical or just emotional?

P.S. Did anyone get the paraphrased joke?

EDIT:
I'm sorry if this has been asked, 700 replies is alot.
If it comes to "Romance" you can have a sex with Yen and still choose Triss. If you mean romance in Triss case it's important what you say durning main quest also and that's all.
About delay. You must complete both of them before "Battle in Kaer Morhen". Sorry I was wrong. You must complete both of quests before "Isle of Mists" but you should get warning before you enter it that some quests will become inaccessible. Worng again. Do ":Last Wish" before Uma.

Last edited:
Top Bottom