Yenn - Invocation needs a nerf

+
No one is saying Heatwave is worthless. It's a great card and pretty much auto-include in the meta of blatant Caretaker abuse, but Yen should either be at least the same provision cost, OR the ability should be changed to something like "If it's NG unit, place it on top of your deck. All other factions: place the unit on the BOTTOM of THEIR deck."

That's a ridiculously huge change you are suggesting there, just casually.. Right. Bad suggestion!

Anyways, why not consider lowering the provisions of heatwave to the same as Yen, instead of raising her to the same as heatwave? Or just swap the 2 provisions.

That's a ridiculously huge change you are suggesting there, just casually.. Right. Bad suggestion!

Anyways, why not consider lowering the provisions of heatwave to the same as Yen, instead of raising her to the same as heatwave? Or just swap the 2 provisions.

Well, it went from returning any card to the original deck to what it is now, so my "ridiculous" suggestion is really the middle ground between the two extremes. That said, I DID say making Yen and Heatwave the same provision is an option. It's RIGHT THERE in the piece you quoted from my last post :D

The card is balanced. The real problem are scenarios, that's why all people over there are playing Yen's Invocations or Korathi Heatwaves non-stop.

A decent chance, really?...
Yes, there is this Merchant something card, if you are not aware, and I've seen people tech it just like they do Bomb Heaver.

Maybe if you've played the game long enough you'll know why Heatwave's ability is way stronger than Invocation too.

Yes, there is this Merchant something card, if you are not aware, and I've seen people tech it just like they do Bomb Heaver.

Maybe if you've played the game long enough you'll know why Heatwave's ability is way stronger than Invocation too.

Except I mentioned this "merchant something" card twice, INCLUDING the comment you just replied to and quoted:

"A decent chance, really? Like I said already, the chance is decent if you're playing NG mirror maybe, but any other faction it's pretty bloody unlikely that they can counter your Yen, unless they run that one bandit that is completely useless against anything else and has no synergy with any deck other than assimilate, which is... NG. "

OK, I called him a "bandit" and that must have confused you. You were closer to what he actually is (Ofiri Merchant) with your "merchant something." The point remains it's a terrible card and ONLY works against Yen, UNLIKE the bomb heaver that works against EVERY Artifact and EVERY Scenario, which makes the Ofiri Merchant a terrible idea to tech this card, and if you've seen it teched, they were probably meme decks or just people sick of NG bs.

And there's no need to be patronizing about playing experience. I've been playing since summer of 2017.

Seriously WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!!!?
https://gwent.one/en/card/201601 Can someone please explain to me how this ISN'T overpowered?? I mean this should be like 11 - 12 provision cost for what it gives you, BUT it's 9 (NINE)... It lets you simply TAKE ANY UNIT (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) from the enemy and put it on the TOP of YOUR deck. What card is the OP equivalent for other factions for this?? I mean it's arguably stronger then (or equal to) the Korathi Heatwave but is even cheaper by 1.. -_-

Last edited:
I think the card should definitely be 10 provisions. In my view its stupid that it can be less provisions than korathi heatwave AND better. Normally you have to break devotion to be able to get a "remove anything" card but not here.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I think the card should definitely be 10 provisions. In my view its stupid that it can be less provisions than korathi heatwave AND better. Normally you have to break devotion to be able to get a "remove anything" card but not here.

Yen's Invocation is NOT better than Korathi heatwave, not anymore.
Since Yen's Invo, now, can only target units, and Heatwave can also target artefacts, which is a major deal vs scenarios...

Back then, in the early days after Merchants of Offir, Yen's Invo was actually better as it could even be used to steal scenarios too, at a lower cost than heatwave, but then it was nerfed into the current state.

Yen's Invocation is NOT better than Korathi heatwave, not anymore.
Since Yen's Invo, now, can only target units, and Heatwave can also target artefacts, which is a major deal vs scenarios...

Back then, in the early days after Merchants of Offir, Yen's Invo was actually better as it could even be used to steal scenarios too, at a lower cost than heatwave, but then it was nerfed into the current state.
Call me when Heatwave let's me remove and then play my opponents card. That argument is valid in any other faction...not NG. When you can pick up an evolving card or valuable engine or defender and play it yourself with no setup or condition its still a broken card and a cheap one at that.

Since it's so "balanced" let's make it a neutral card. I'd love to get me a copy of Damien or Vincent or Assire to use.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Call me when Heatwave let's me remove and then play my opponents card. That argument is valid in any other faction...not NG. When you can pick up an evolving card or valuable engine or defender and play it yourself with no setup or condition its still a broken card and a cheap one at that.

Since it's so "balanced" let's make it a neutral card. I'd love to get me a copy of Damien or Vincent or Assire to use.

I am not defending Yen's Invo, or saying it should be nerfed.

I was just proving Heatwave and Yen's Invo have different pros and cons, none is a direct upgrade of the other so its debatable which one is better.

Lexor

Forum veteran
Heatwave is neutral card, Invocation is faction card - faction cards are a little stronger than neutrals.

If Korathi can banish literally anything in the entire game for 10 provisions I don't see why YenInvo is such an issue.
Just deleting a body isn't necessarily this gamewinning move unless the opponent stacks really freaking tall which is a mistake against NG to begin with.
Say you play Falibor and the opponent YenInvos it, the deploy effect would still give you 3-6 points advantage with that.
It's really best used as an utility tool with Joachim or War Council.

What made pre-nerf Vincent so disgusting in my eyes was the fact that he was a 5 point body as well as easily deleting anything he wanted.
Without a body or a small one these tools aren't really busted at all.

Why yen-invo is a pest? Come on...
I'm playing a MO-weather deck (with a lot of tall units) and a MO-Ciri Nova deck.
Wow Yen-Invo steals my 12 pt spearpoint or a resilient Ciri Nova and uses it in thex next round against me? What a bliss!
Other examples needed of cards which harm a lot more if they are stolen, replayed and not banished?
- all factions: all Defenders
- Neutral: every Ciri card, Phoenix, Radeyah, Villentremerth, Eskel, Olgierd. etc. pp...
- MO: Caranthir, Ruehin, Eredin, Ozzrel, Beast...
- ST: Eithne, Gabor, Dunka, Pavko...
(that's only the faction I know something relevant about)
In all these cases it's providing an advantage of up to 20 pts and a substantial advantage vs. heatwave. Not bad for a card which additionally f...s your opponent's deck really well...

That's the only thing what's good about getting more & more cards. Not long ago Yenn-Invo was an auto-include in every deck and resulted in an auto-forfeit vs. NG for me since I prefer bulding decks around "strange" cards.
Newer players seem to have forgotten this card - today I see it only in about 50% of the NG matches...
So imho this card is a LOT stronger than heatwave (hey, any artefacts our there besides scenarios?) and it needs a massive upgrade of provision cost!

Why yen-invo is a pest? Come on...
I'm playing a MO-weather deck (with a lot of tall units) and a MO-Ciri Nova deck.
Wow Yen-Invo steals my 12 pt spearpoint or a resilient Ciri Nova and uses it in thex next round against me? What a bliss!
Other examples needed of cards which harm a lot more if they are stolen, replayed and not banished?
- all factions: all Defenders
- Neutral: every Ciri card, Phoenix, Radeyah, Villentremerth, Eskel, Olgierd. etc. pp...
- MO: Caranthir, Ruehin, Eredin, Ozzrel, Beast...
- ST: Eithne, Gabor, Dunka, Pavko...
(that's only the faction I know something relevant about)
In all these cases it's providing an advantage of up to 20 pts and a substantial advantage vs. heatwave. Not bad for a card which additionally f...s your opponent's deck really well...
[...]
How comes you mention Radeyah (only painful if they fullfill the condition), Phoenix (bad card), Olgierd (bad card), Ruehin (dead in NG), Caranthir (dead in NG), Dunka (only a 7, as it can only buff ST) and so on ?

How comes you mention Radeyah (only painful if they fullfill the condition), Phoenix (bad card), Olgierd (bad card), Ruehin (dead in NG), Caranthir (dead in NG), Dunka (only a 7, as it can only buff ST) and so on ?
Really? Because I've had Caranthir spawn a Damien/Stefan copy before and a Detlaff (not Ruehin but same thing) taken then Barhgest copied by their spy to use or played from my graveyard.

I don't ever run Ciri because of what he mentioned above, if it gets taken you may as well forfeit the match. If it got banished you could actually still pull off a win. Same for defenders...same for evolving cards. The moment Auberon gets taken I don't waste anymore of my time. So your argument here is very weak.
Post automatically merged:

Yen into Vincent is a literally a 6 point play lol.
Sounds like you didn't understand the comment lol

So let me explain. Making Yen neutral I (insert faction here) can then take up Damien or Assire or Vincent and play it next turn. No idea what 6 pt play you're on about so you can figure that out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom