+

Yennefer black hair

• Black

Votes: 312 91.2%
  • Brown

Votes: 30 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Overall I like the design of Yennefer, but I feel that her face is too simple and soft looking. Maybe it's just the scene/angle/lighting we've seen her in. As for her hair I think the curls are spot on but I feel it could be a darker shade to it. The problem is that if they end up making her hair dark raven black she can't really have the super dark clothing we see her in. I feel it makes her look too bland/simple when it's a single uniform color from head to toe.

I agree. She should have a harder and irreverent face/expression. Yennefer is insolent, sarcastic, provoking and aggressive
Like this one:

Clearly, I'm not referring to her hair and skin tone, just to her appearance and attitude.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/jjmg0m.jpg someone posted this on 4chan/vg/. This looks way better than the original.

she's actually looks a lot alike Yen on this artwork :)
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...ennefer_of_vengerberg_by_justanor-d586bq8.jpg

i've always imagined Yen as a mature looking women maybe because i watched this terrible polish tv series when i was young in which actress that played Yennefer was like 30+. maybe that's a bit too much but Yen on the original screenshot looks totally like 18 year old teenager. just my opinion : P i also remember few moments in the books when Yen is described. I remember when Gerald lists imperfections in her looks. ''a bit too narrow lips'' etc. i think this was in belleteyn short story. i also remember bit when Dandelion was stared at her and wandered what Geralt sees in her. i think she's quite average looking and she's not as beautiful as a lot of those models on photo sessions that i see in this tread but geralt was absolutely crazy about her and i think thats kinda cool :p

Last edited:
Originally POSTED by widzeczolgi
http://oi59.tinypic.com/jjmg0m.jpg someone posted this on 4chan/vg/. This looks way better than the original.

While the color of the hair, of the eyes and the skin tone are all right (just as her expression), the face is too teeny.
Yennefer is a bit more mature than TW3 incarnation, a self-conscious, experienced and sexy woman.
Here she looks younger than Triss Merigold.

Last edited:
First of all I want to say that I liked very much the trailer and The Witcher 3 holds the honor of being the game that I expected more in all my life (and have already spent several winters :D). But there is a one thing dislike me, the hair color of Yennefer. It's "vox populi" that Yennefer has black hair, but very black... why in the game trailer she looks with brown hair?

Also, the hair color of Geralt is wrong again but it's a losing battle after the first game :p

Here the comparison of Yennefer with black haired and brown.

I think that the most people who read the books want a brunette Yennefer. And I hope that it will be changed in final version of the game.

What do you think?

Greetings
Above bottom shot of Yen.
This looks great, I don't like her hair as black as her clothes.
It just does not look good/right I hope cdpr will change her hair to a dark~ish brown color like that.
I hope some fans will understand why for the sake of the game and get over it. Also, that edit you did to Yen's face looks way better to me then what cdpr came up with.
You made her look more mature and to me more sexy, good job. I really hope cdpr team takes notice soon, and works more from youre jaw line edit idea in a way that will work and look best before launch.;)

Triss.. her hair looks real unatural it's too bright:)

Last edited:
I also think that Jennefer model + hair in the trailer looked great. Totally black hair would be more lore-friendly but definitely stand out less in that all-black suit. Maybe they could still be darkened a little bit. For Triss I agree that I would prefer darker hair :)

Anyway developers said that models were completed months ago and they were to be left mostly unchanged.. so... the only thing I find strange is the difference from the models the trailer and the ones in cosplayers guides. Ok there are facial expressions, shadows and everything but I find the faces also different in some details..

I also think that Jennefer model + hair in the trailer looked great. Totally black hair would be more lore-friendly but definitely stand out less in that all-black suit. Maybe they could still be darkened a little bit. For Triss I agree that I would prefer darker hair :)

Anyway developers said that models were completed months ago and they were to be left mostly unchanged.. so... the only thing I find strange is the difference from the models the trailer and the ones in cosplayers guides. Ok there are facial expressions, shadows and everything but I find the faces also different in some details..
Lore-friendly is key word. U can't just change main character because something would look better...

Also Geralt should have White hair but in the end they appear greyish.. You must give some reflexes otherwise they'll look plain and ugly :) while keeping close as possible to the lore

Anyway I also reall developer saying that Yen will have black hair, and maybe in the trailer there were some differences given by lighting.. don't know

Top Bottom