+

Yennefer black hair

• Black

Votes: 312 91.2%
  • Brown

Votes: 30 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Np @wichat. If I had the uncompressed version at hand I would upload it at better resolution myself.

I got the 600mb nearly uncompressed trailer and tried my best with photoshop.
Not as good as I wanted, but I think you can get it pretty good.

originally frame from the trailer:

And 5.0x zoom with automatic photoshop equalization:

So yes, that is surely the color we want :happy:

hehe

'Beau?' the abundance of black locks asked indistinctly. 'Have you brought the juice?'
'Yes.'
A pale triangular face, violet eyes and narrow, slightly contorted lips appeared beneath the black tresses.

'Who are you?' asked the black-haired woman, narrowing her eyes and covering herself with the eiderdown.

He took a deliberately long time fastening her dress, one hook at a time, enjoying the scent of her hair, which fell halfway down her back in a black cascade.

But I do remember quite a pretty, black-haired female with fiery eyes—'
'What are you telling me about black-haired women for?'

The black-haired woman didn't let me get a word in edgeways.

So beautiful, he thought. Everything about her is beautiful. And dangerous. The colours she wears; the contrast of black and white. Beauty and terror. Her natural, raven curls.

He stroked the raven-black hair that fell in curls like snakes.

Yennefer shook her head, her black, shimmering curls cascaded onto her shoulders.

Essi's hair is not a black tornado of shiny curls;

Through the clouds of smoke, violet eyes, dark, burning in a pale and triangular face veiled beneath a tangle of black curls, watching.

I think it is black :p

Yennefer MUST have raven black hair.

Everything else would be heretic. HERETIC and just plain wrong. Every discussion about the topic is pointless.

Nuff said. ;)

Attachments

• a_shard_of_ice___yennefer_by_justanor-d6q5e7w.jpg
    a_shard_of_ice___yennefer_by_justanor-d6q5e7w.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 115
While i really really like her version(s) of Yennefer, i think this is too much to ask and it is also a little bit insulting for those, who designed her in the first place.

Imagine you were responsible for her face, body and hair. You are working day after day, weeks or even months to create a model of a character, which was never seen before in the game and has no role model (at least in 3D).
You did what you could, you are proud of your work and then people disagree with you and want another version. That could feel devastating, i think.

I would really appreciate it, if they really use her version, but i also understand, if they don't do it, but i demand raven-black hair :p

I have (finally) come to accept that CDPR write their own games - which is why they're so good, but also why they don't follow the Sapkowski canon in many respects (Triss for example doesn't have red hair, and a scar on her chest that they chose to forgo in the games).

Having said that, I'm really not sure why they would decide to make Yennefer's hair not black. Unless they were just out to stir up some trouble in the forums!

Jupiter_on_Mars

Yennefer MUST have raven black hair.

Everything else would be heretic. HERETIC and just plain wrong. Every discussion about the topic is pointless.

Nuff said. ;)
@LordCrash,

Err...Lord...is that...you?
You the same Lord from the Kingdom Come: Deliverance kickstarter chat?

Black - definitely!! Why would I want her with brown hair? I also don't want Ciri with blond hair and Geralt with green hair.

It's quite strange that they gave her brown hair. Black is the way it's supposed to be.

This is black, like stated several times in this thread and others.
It is normal that such kind of immensive sunlight let the hair look a bit brown, you can see the same in reallife with black-haired people.

There is no REAL black in our nature, just something close to it.

Maybe they made her hair brown at the end because of a art/design standpoint.

If her hair is entirely black it could cause problems with the clothes, or cause some sort of glitch. I mean if her hair is black, and her clothes, it could look really weird.
In-engine ofcourse, we might not notice it when it's done by Photoshop.

Black - definitely!! Why would I want her with brown hair? I also don't want Ciri with blond hair and Geralt with green hair.

[...]and Geralt with grey hair. FTFY ;)

No seriously, if grey instead white hair is alright with Geralt and goes by the "close enough" rule, why would brown such a disaster for people? I mean we're talking about a game here that's it's own medium besides the books. Her hair is and always will be black in the books no one's going to take that away, so I honestly don't mind creative liberties taken by other mediums such as films and games as long as it's limited and doesn't deviate too much from the source.

I mean everyone who complains about one creative liberty is fine with another, that, in turn is dirt in the eye for some other guy.

However that's just my opinion and I can totally understand folks like you since in the books, her hair is not mentioned as a footnote like: "ah yeah, and she had black hair" but rather as a feature that defined her appereance.

Top Bottom