+

Yennefer black hair

• Black

Votes: 312 91.2%
  • Brown

Votes: 30 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Don't get me wrong, Triss is still one of the most beautiful video game characters of course. :p
But for me, Yennefer is just perfect here.
I was worried cause I thought CDPR wanted to creat a women equally or even better than triss and I couldn't imagine how this would be possible.
They overcome even my wildest imaginations.

So yeah, I am all for Yen now.

Thanks to Marcin Momot for clearing up the misunderstanding :) If it's just the specific lighting in that scene that makes her hair look brown, I'm not too worried.

Don't get me wrong, Triss is still one of the most beautiful video game characters of course. :p
But for me, Yennefer is just perfect here.
I was worried cause I thought CDPR wanted to creat a women equally or even better than triss and I couldn't imagine how this would be possible.
They overcome even my wildest imaginations.

So yeah, I am all for Yen now.

I also like Yen, especially that version where she's got really black hair (I hope we get to see more of her soon), and her character in the books but Triss, for me, is hot as hell :p

If you agree with me, then please share your opinion and fill in the poll. Let CDPR see we're really dedicated to see Tanya Anor's version of Yennefer in Witcher 3! :)
It's one thing to draw a character, it's another thing to make an in-game model which looks good. JustAnor's art is great, but it's not like it is the 'only version' of Yennefer that should ever be. I'm excited to see CDPR's version of her, and I think she looks stunning in the few seconds we've seen.

Talking about black( I think the face, colour of hair, and everything else) is Eva from movie 300 a rise of Empire

Attachments

• 300-Rise-Empire-Green.jpg
    300-Rise-Empire-Green.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 40
Talking about black( I think the face, colour of hair, and everything else) is Eva from movie 300 a rise of Empire

Nice comparision!

I found a higher resolution of this one. Not very good, but better: http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/-NkGjn9pR3g/maxresdefault.jpg

You can see that the hair on the left site of the picture (her right site) seems to look brown, where the light is more intensive.
So we got another proof that normal black hair is looking brown under direct light.

It's maybe worth to mention that human hair can't naturally be really black (due to our genetical code). What we call natural black hair is always a very dark brown. Only colored/dyed hair can really be dark black which doesn't turn to brown in sunlight. Fake dyed black hair often looks blueish in direct sunlight.

Of course we should expect that Yen's hair and hair color is just a strong magical illusion like her whole face and appearance so the laws of nature doesn't really apply here. ;)

Greetings to all !

First of all, i wanted to thank all CDPR crew for making these great Witcher games that we love.

And so, after watching newest Witcher 3 trailer we saw couple new faces, including Yennefer. She doesn't look much as most of us imagined her. I know, CDPR, it may be rude and selfish to ask, because it's your vision of characters, that we as fans don't need to necessarily agree with, but PLEASE, consider how many people would like to see Tanya Anor's version of Yennefer in your game, the one that most consider true Yennefer. It's obvious that Witcher 3 work is still in progress and we onIy saw glimpse of Yen, but consider this a suggestion when it's not too late yet ;). We respect your people who devoted their effort and time to create what we already seen in trailers, and only want the game to be overall better and satisfies all of us. I wouldn't post anything similar to this on other developers forums, but here i do, because i know how you treat you fans and you listen to them. Thank you, CDPR.

If you agree with me, then please share your opinion and fill in the poll. Let CDPR see we're really dedicated to see Tanya Anor's version of Yennefer in Witcher 3! :)

View attachment 3862

This picture is 100x better than the version we saw in game so far.

A-mazing.

First, there is true black hair: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hair

Ever hung around anyone with it, you'd know this.

Second...meh. It's CDPR's interpretation of a novel series. They want her to be dark-brown instead of black, (no idea why...looks better in the renderer, maybe?), I don't care.

I also wouldn't care if she was blonde or a red-head. I don't really care if Geralt has white hair or grey hair or red hair. Neither would Geralt, amusingly enough.

These are surface matters, inconsequential next to character development issues and choices - moral, philosophical, sexual and even gameplay related.

For what it matters, yes, I think she'd look more striking with raven-black hair. And ten minutes after I start playing the Witcher 3, I won't care a bit. As for everyone who is saying brown hair is unacceptable, does this mean you aren't playing the Witcher 3? Because that, that would be a real pity. Kind of like refusing to eat the lasagna because someone used yellow cheddar instead of mozzarella.

A-mazing.

First, there is true black hair: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hair

Ever hung around anyone with it, you'd know this.

Second...meh. It's CDPR's interpretation of a novel series. They want her to be dark-brown instead of black, (no idea why...looks better in the renderer, maybe?), I don't care.

I also wouldn't care if she was blonde or a red-head. I don't really care if Geralt has white hair or grey hair or red hair. Neither would Geralt, amusingly enough.

These are surface matters, inconsequential next to character development issues and choices - moral, philosophical, sexual and even gameplay related.

For what it matters, yes, I think she'd look more striking with raven-black hair. And ten minutes after I start playing the Witcher 3, I won't care a bit. As for everyone who is saying brown hair is unacceptable, does this mean you aren't playing the Witcher 3? Because that, that would be a real pity. Kind of like refusing to eat the lasagna because someone used yellow cheddar instead of mozzarella.
Well, but there is simply no reason for CDPR to change the color of Yen's hair. That's what this thread is all about. It's not about whether we will play Witcher 3 or not. ;)

Well, but there is simply no reason for CDPR to change the color of Yen's hair. That's what this thread is all about. It's not about whether we will play Witcher 3 or not. ;)

As it was stated here dozens of times, normal black hair is looking brown in direct sunlight.
And CDPR even stated that her hair IS black and we shouldn't worry.

So what's the point here?

As it was stated here dozens of times, normal black hair is looking brown in direct sunlight.
And CDPR even stated that her hair IS black and we shouldn't worry.

So what's the point here?

Not really, black raven hair has blue or white reflects under sunlight. That hair which presents brown reflection is because there are not enterily black but the darkness brown tone.

If someone used cheddar instead of mozzarella then why not ask to change it while you still can :) Theres nothing wrong in asking for changes, this is work in progress. I, for example, dont really care if Dandelion has mustache or not, or if hes blonde, but hey if there are people who care about it, then hey, let them have it.

I wonder if CDPR could release like DLC packs for alternative NPC appearances.

Top Bottom