+

Yennefer black hair

• Black

Votes: 312 91.2%
  • Brown

Votes: 30 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If CDPR wouldn't have made their own canon and story telling they would have told us about her earlier. In TW1 there is just stories about Yen and Ciri in taverns. So I wouldn't go crazy about everything being 100% to lore.

Well I doubt as well it was the lighting, I think CDPR wanted to be like this. They want it to look brown just like I do and I use the lighting excuse just because I DON'T want the devs to change her, she is perfect like that. Some people also got mad about her looking young. Why can't she look as young as Triss? The devs choice, just like mine to have this opinion I write down here. I'm very civil about this, so I don't agree that I shouldn't be allowed to talk about this.

Ok. nice, I totally respect that, you like her design, that´s fine with me, I wish for more people and even the devs, to speak like that, I don´t know the expression to say it in english, but something like "saying it to my face" with honest, without excuses, really, I like that, thanks, I´m sorry for my manners about the lightning thing, but I´m so tired, and it´s so stupid, sorry. :)

He´s doing his job. PR

Last edited:
Thanks, I didn't want to say it.

Edit:
And yes you have a very civil manner about other people's opinions too, I respect that honesty.

Forgive me if I take a dev's word over yours :p

Also, light does change colour.

No, please don´t think I´m some kind of dickhead, I would never make any offense on a personal opinion, like yours, never, but the lighting it´s not a personal opinion, it´s a picture with a colour in it, and the colour it´s universal standard for all of us, that´s why I lose my manners sometimes, with some people arguing in denial.

If a guy with blonde hair sits in front on me on a theater before the movie starts, I´m gonna see someone with dark hair, and because I´m that smart I´m gonna say "This guy has black hair AJ AJ AJ (malevolent laugh)" then the movie ends, we go outside at the open on a beautiful sunny day, and because I´m that smart "Oh look how that black hair shines with the light AJ AJ AJ"

Light doesn´t change colour, or you see it , or you don´t, humans are not chameleons, at least not that I´m aware of. :)

Last edited:
Forgive me if I take a dev's word over yours :p

Also, light does change colour. Or maybe this guy just has red skin:

Last edited:
I don't know where I am here. I am quite confused. I don't understand what is going on, but maybe it is just me and I am missing some intelligence or such.

Just to make sure that I am not getting it wrong:
You want to say that @Marcin Momot is lying?

In this case I am out here. This is no base to discuss then.

What? Guys...Yennefer's hair is black...it seems brown becaues she is illuminated by sun. And for this great lighting system we must give a han to CD Projekt RED.

I don't know where I am here. I am quite confused. I don't understand what is going on, but maybe it is just me and I am missing some intelligence or such.

Just to make sure that I am not getting it wrong:
You want to say that @Marcin Momot is lying?

In this case I am out here. This is no base to discuss then.

As far as I'm concerned, just as I wrote quite some pages ago in this thread, I'm not saying Marcin is lying. The matter is that Yennefer's hair looks brown in that scene, and whether it's the lighting or the hair's colour, it's unimportant. If it's supposed to look black but it doesn't, it's pointless. If it looks black in every other scene except for the ones with direct sunlight, it doesn't matter either. If it doesn't always look black or a believable shade of very dark brown when the sun's shining, it's a failure for me, especially since CDPR (Marcin's words) is trying to reproduce black hair.

If someone else is okay with it looking chestnut brown under direct light and black most of the time, fine. If someone likes it brown more than black, it's the same, no hard feelings, because there's no point in discussing matters of personal taste. But for me, there's no Yennefer without real black hair.

It may be worth just waiting until we see more pictures of her, because there's really not a lot more variations on this topic at the moment, and it seems to have digressed quite heavily from expressing viewpoints on Yen's hair to expressing viewpoints on the right to have viewpoints.

Regarding Marcin's statement earlier, the only way to know is to see more images. Now that she's been revealed at E3, I'm sure we'll see them.

Atm some guys here are just arguing for the sake of it. I suggest you let it rest untile we see more of here like Dragonbird said. Cause this is just pointless.

according to the witcher novels, Yennefer is quadroon (meaning she had ¼ of elven blood), she have a hair as black as crow with a burning violet eyes. she always wearing black and white clothing, and uses lilac and gooseberry perfumes . . .

I think art portrait from JustAnor is a great examples for it

View attachment 4385

Attachments

• 250px-250px-Yennefer_of_vengerberg_by_justanor-d586bq8.jpg
    250px-250px-Yennefer_of_vengerberg_by_justanor-d586bq8.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 62
according to the witcher novels, Yennefer is quadroon (meaning she had ¼ of elven blood), she have a hair as black as crow with a burning violet eyes. she always wearing black and white clothing, and uses lilac and gooseberry perfumes . . .

We all know that.
So what do you think about the current Yennefer, what things you have brought up doesn't fit?

My point remains.

Yennefer should have Raven black hair.

Since we all wrote (and voted with a pretty obvious majority) here we can assume CDPR has seen it.
I hope they make sure the lighting is not interfering with that too often.

Since they have confirmed it's black though I am happy.
I assume therefore that Triss hair is normally also darker, which is cool (was too orange for me in that scene).

Sorry about the nitpicking CDPR, it's just a very important detail.

Last edited:
Top Bottom