Yennefer Is Objectively Better Than Triss.

+
Yennefer Is Objectively Better Than Triss.

Both of them have the same power level. However, Yennefer has the Medic sub ability, which makes her a superior choice for inclusion on your Gwent Deck. Therefore, Yennefer > Triss. :p

Both of them have the same power level. However, Yennefer has the Medic sub ability, which makes her a superior choice for inclusion on your Gwent Deck. Therefore, Yennefer > Triss. :p

Well,i think nobody will argue that Yennefer is objectively more powerful,than Triss.And even though i love Yen it doesn't make her better,only more powerful.

yen has studied necromancy so she can revive-"ish" dead people (scorched cards etc) i guess that explains it a bit xD

All this does is prove Triss needs a buff:rebel:
Nope, she doesn't. Yennefer is more powerful and as a result, better than Triss. It is a reality that Triss fans have to deal with. Yen has better stats and Yen has more scenes = Yes is better :comeatmebro: :p

Yen's quote is also superior to Triss'. It's poetic, yet rich in its simplicity, profound and powerful, worthy of being printed in scholar books and posted on Wikipedia. Triss', however, sounds like it belongs in a generic trashy Hollywood action movie, where a stereotypical, flat love interest assures the protagonist she won't get caught by a big bad and used against him. Right.

Yen's quote is also superior to Triss'. It's poetic, yet rich in its simplicity, profound and powerful, worthy of being printed in scholar books and posted on Wikipedia. Triss', however, sounds like it belongs in a generic trashy Hollywood action movie, where a stereotypical, flat love interest assures the protagonist she won't get caught by a big bad and used against him. Right.
Precisely. The quotes on the cards succinctly show the difference between Triss and Yen and why Yen is better.

Only in the books. Triss = better in the game :p

I have to admit the Triss quote is kind of lame though - even more justification for a buff.

Lambert referenced her scars in TW3.

By the way,am i the only one,who finds it weird,that Triss card in better than Sile,Sabrina,Assire and Fringilla cards?

Only in the books. Triss = better in the game :p

I have to admit the Triss quote is kind of lame though - even more justification for a buff.

Yeah the quote is really lame but CDPR favouring Yen and not caring about Triss is nothing new in TW3, its even noticable in the freaking cardgame

Yeah the quote is really lame but CDPR favouring Yen and not caring about Triss is nothing new in TW3, its even noticable in the freaking cardgame

What?Triss card is better,than cards of many other sorceresses from the Lodge,even though she's suppoused to be the weakest..

Triss is the youngest of the Lodge. That doesn't make her the weakest. Her position in the Lodge isn't high because she, unlike the other sorceresses, isn't that manipulative or cunning or politically savvy. But I think in terms of raw power, she is pretty powerful.

Triss is the youngest of the Lodge. That doesn't make her the weakest. Her position in the Lodge isn't high because she, unlike the other sorceresses, isn't that manipulative or cunning or politically savvy. But I think in terms of raw power, she is pretty powerful.

That makes her the least experienced.I'm not saying,that she's weak,but she's definitely not as powerful as Francesca,Ida,Philippa,Sile and Yennefer.I'd say she's on the same level of power as Sabrina and Keira.

That makes her the least experienced.I'm not saying,that she's weak,but she's definitely not as powerful as Francesca,Ida,Philippa,Sile and Yennefer.I'd say she's on the same level of power as Sabrina and Keira.

Except Sabrina is as old as Yennefer, and together with Keira destroyed a freaking castle.

To me, in terms of powers, The Lodge of Sorceresses' ranking lists:

1. Philippa (Tissaia's, the Archmistress of Magic, claimed she was her best student, Geralt regarded her equal to Vilgefortz, veteran of Battle of Sodden Hill and 300+ years old experiences never hurt)

2. Francesca (I'd say she's near equal to Phil, but we never see her in action, but she's well versed in supreme elven magics unlike human mages)

3. Sheale de Tancerville (more of a researcher type of mage, but she mentions she was asked to join both the Chapter and Council of Sorcerers, meaning she must be regarded as pretty powerful)

4. Ida (compared to the others, we know virtually nothing about her, except she's a Sage, which means she's more powerful than your typical human sorcerer)

5. Sabrina Glevissig (feisty woman, Philippa's second-in-command during Thanedd Coup, also fought at Sodden)

6. Margarita Laux-Antille (more interested in being a scholar, but being given such prestigious position must at least means she's skilled in theory. If Yennefer officially joined, I'd rank her as high as Rita)

7. Fringilla Vigo (she's not extraordinary skilled by any means, but she survived at Sodden and her mastery of illusion proved to be a blessing to Geralt in the very end)

8. Triss Merigold (a little below average, of course she got stronger in the games, as she's usually our go-to-mage companion, and as one of two LI to Geralt, she couldn't be that scared little girl she was at the Sodden Hill)

9. Keira Metz (she got K0'd pretty quickly at Thanedd, though together with Sabrina leveled a huge castle)

10. Assire var Anahid (ranked below her colleague, as her main interest lied in research and more scientific side of magic then in casting attacking spells, healing prowess, or anything that could be helpful in actual fight)

Of course, Ciri in her prime can beat any of them.

Last edited:
Except Sabrina is as old as Yennefer, and together with Keira destroyed a freaking castle.

I thought Triss also took part in destroying the castle with Sabrina and Keira.

I'd rank Yen higher,than Sabrina,since she was a member of the Council,but with ranking of everyone else i agree.

Last edited:
Top Bottom