Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers) - The Revival

+
so....I asked this a few times already, but did anyone come up with an idea in the meanwhile why Geralt comments "Verbena" with "A-ha", when you visit Avallac'h's laboratory with Yen and Ciri? And Yen reacts quite annoyed by it?

It's Geralt reacting sarcastically, he literally says: "Herbs, not very incriminating", it is Geralt's shitty humour, Verbena is a normal healing plant in the Witcher world (from what I know) so all herbalists would have it.

It's Geralt reacting sarcastically, he literally says: "Herbs, not very incriminating", it is Geralt's shitty humour, Verbena is a normal healing plant in the Witcher world (from what I know) so all herbalists would have it.
This.

My 2 cents anyway, it's a clear nod to Essi and it's clear Yennefer knows nothing (eheh) about it, and even if she was behind him at that time already (would doubt that, since A Little Sacrifice happens short time afte A Shard of Ice) she has no idea because... most logical... she cannot know what perfume Essi used.

I myself am ashamed of this overnalyzing post.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Strange, I always understood that scene as Yennefer managing to instantly recognize an ingredient in a distillate which I assumed was some kind of alcohol (there are many bottles of alcohol at the table they are looking at), so Geralt was making fun of Yennefer's "expert knowledge" in this field. The gal knows her drinks. :D

would doubt that,

Who knows man. She knows a surprising amount about him that she shouldn't know. Also she didn't stop loving him or anything after A shard of ice, that was when she came to terms with her love for him. So it's possible, but who knows what she was doing in all that off-screen time huh xD

Last edited:
a new chapter (2nd) of The Witcher: Curse of Crows (https://digital.darkhorse.com/profile/7193.the-witcher-curse-of-crows-2/) comic has been released - and Yen made an entrance in the last page :D

lol

+ Ciri mentioning Yennefer...

Last edited:
I hope they keep working with Denise for CP 2077.

Even if she's a bit of a rabid feminist.

edit- just watched the whole thing, and wow, she is one angry woman. Perfect fit for Yennefer.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

She didn't refuse that part, she said it should be abolished :D Unknown actress dissing Shakespeare - egocentrics everywhere

Yeah, Denise is like the first person in history who spoke against that play. :stuart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Denise is like the first person in history who spoke against that play.

I just find it ridiculous when people judge classic XVI century play by today's PC standards.

I feel that our dear moderators might looking on us right now, so I'll try go back to the topic - I see some Sapko works as really pro - women, so yes - Denise was a perfect fit for Witcher job :p

Guest 3847602

I just find it ridiculous when people judge classic XVI century play by today's PC standards.

I feel that our dear moderators might looking on us right now, so I'll try go back to the topic - I see some Sapko works as really pro - women, so yes - Denise was a perfect fit for Witcher job :p

Sure, I see that play as a satire, but I can understand why would someone with different sensibilities get offended by it. And you're right, that was enough of off-topic. ;)

Top Bottom