Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers) - The Revival

+
toudis815;n6868630 said:
​Thank for posting this.

But I don't know...am I the only person who thinks that this comic book is completely blunt?

You are definetely not only one...when I saw in the first volume Geralt shouting "IGNIIIIIIIIII" and flaming some blue fire from hands I knew it won't be masterpiece :p

Gilthoniel;n6868660 said:
You are definetely not only one...when I saw in the first volume Geralt shouting "IGNIIIIIIIIII" and flaming some blue fire from hands I knew it won't be masterpiece :p

​Yeah, a lot of people complained about Igni, but for me color is not a big issue. Lack of tension, or at least some funny remarks in dialogs between Geralt and Yennefer is. I mean - what a waste of material.

Yen's funko pop :) Coming in January

https://funko.com/blogs/news/coming-soon-the-witcher-pop-s

Gilthoniel;n6860740 said:
Maybe it will change in the upcoming volume but so far I think no decent author would ever bother writing such a cliché and predictable character as Yen in the comic - it's funny​ :D

​Some pages with Yen from the latest issue - enjoy! ;)
What the... I was looking forward to reading the comics after my third playthrough of the game because I was hoping that they would finally show the relation between Ciri and Yen like in the novels but this is really disappointing. :(

Last edited:
Alonso877;n7077860 said:
What the... I was looking forward to reading the comics after my third playthrough of the game because I was hoping that they would finally show the relation between Ciri and Yen like in the novels but this is really disappointing.

Yeah this has been like a never ending cycle that always returns. Love the art style of the comics though, Yen looks pretty cool.

The lack of Yennefer's maternal relationship with Ciri is a consequence of the constraints set in place by the game writing since the first game. Any media tying into the Witcher 3 story is unfortunately going to keep following said trend, they already broke one of the most important and romantic aspects of the witcher books, the tie of fate between Geralt and Yennefer that was made by the djin. That important moment in the books was forced into a cheap way in the games, for the player to break up with Yennefer at the expense of losing what the last wish in the books truly meant. So, if the game writers were willing to muddy something so important in the books as the last wish, for the sake of the continuity they created starting with the first game, why would one expect them to change for tie-ins?

Last edited:
Gilthoniel;n7201390 said:
Also Ciri calling Yen her mother

I haven't read them yet, but now I really want to. I have such a huge need for more and new witcher content, so that's at least a small bight light in the darkness. If they also include a family scene I have missed in the game, oh boi.

Feels really good that they went with the canon ending in the comics ;)

I guess it got a bit quiet in the last few months, also thanks to me :s but I have to admit that I was a bit burned out and the realization that there won't be coming anything new anymore AT ALL was quite devastating to be honest. Seeing the same scenes and rereading the same books over and over again isn't really making up for it, so I thought keeping my distance to The Witcher as a whole could help a bit, well, a bit.

Anyway since they changed the forum design, should I redesign the very first post of this thread or do you have anything I should add that I missed in the last few months?

Also happy New Year! Hopefully with more Witcher and me again :)

Kallelinski;n7384970 said:

I haven't read them yet, but now I really want to. I have such a huge need for more and new witcher content, so that's at least a small bight light in the darkness. If they also include a family scene I have missed in the game, oh boi.

If you want to read them for free you can check all issues (4 out of 5) here: http://www.readcomics.tv/comic/the-witcher-curse-of-crows

The comic is pretty much OOC for all characters involved but the latest issue (4) is a little bit better (Yen/Geralt nice time + Ciri calling Yen mom) ;)

Yup, read them. Was nice to read something new again, wasn't that bad either. Sure, there are some inconsistencies like with Adda, but oh well.

Also feels good the comic went with the canon ending ;D

Also finally more Yen+Ciri moments and the banter between Geralt and Yen is still as good as ever. It's also nice to see how concerned Yennefer is about both of them and Ciri might not appreciate it at first, she realizes that Yen only wants the best for her.

Kallelinski;n7384970 said:
Anyway since they changed the forum design, should I redesign the very first post of this thread or do you have anything I should add that I missed in the last few months?

Scrap that, I can't edit my own posts anymore, nothing that's older than a couple of hours can be edited anymore o_o

and it looks like the forums doesn't merge posts together, if the last one was yours too...

Season of Storms
‘Illusion – that is what you are thinking. What you are afraid of. And what you dream about.’

‘What?’

The fox barked softly. And changed.

Black hair, violet eyes burning in a pale, triangular face. Raven curls like waves in a storm, cascading over her shoulders, shining, reflecting light like peacock feathers, twisting and bouncing with every movement. Lips, wonderfully narrow and paly under lipstick. Around her neck a black velvet ribbon, a velvet ribbon with an obsidian star, sparkling with a thousand reflections. Yennefer smiled. The witcher touched her cheek. And then the dry dogwood flowered.

And then the wind blew, shook the bush. The world disappeared behind a curtain of whirling white petals.

‘Illusion,’ He heard the vixen say. ‘All an illusion.’

I completely forgot about that, should really read it again.

In a way I was a bit disppointed in SoS after finishing it for the first time, mainly because it didn't add much to the whole series, but little scenes like these are golden.

It does show that no matter where Geralt is or goes, in the end he always dreams of her just like we saw at the beginning of Witcher 3.

Just like Yennefer does know exactly what her witcher is doing all the time. So many remarks in the book that show that no matter in what condition their relationship was at this point, they always have each other in mind. Yennefer even helped him a lot by adding money to a bounty or helping him getting his swords back for example. While Geralt shows in his own thought that he can't escape her forever.

Top Bottom