Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers) - The Revival

+

There is a new Gwent card of Yen called Yennefer: Tremors" - this time she is under Nilfgaardian faction - this is kinda interesting choice, I think her being part of Nilfgaard doesn't make sense. The only reason she joined them was because Emhyr asked her to help find Ciri. Geralt did the same. Yennefer was always neutral, the teaming up with Emhyr is hardly making her full supporter of Nilfgaard, what do you think? :)

ooodrin;n9967071 said:

Shame no one was kind enough to inform ^^this poor guy^^ that Yennefer have pledged her allegiance to Nilfgaard.
It would save him a lot of headache. :)

LOL :D indeed anyway here is the offcial statement from CDPR's rethaz regarding this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/7isxz0/yennefer_tremors_faction/dr179fl/

Spoilers Below:

Yennefer agrees to work for Nilfgaard during the Witcher 3.

She was a prisoner and released on the condition of trying to help find Ciri for Emhyr. Hence, she was working for Nilfgaard at this time.

After all, Emhyr is her father and Yennefer felt they had common goals in trying to ensure her safety from the Wild Hunt.

I hate that they added her into Nilfgaard. HATE it. The only way this could be redeemed If they add her into the Northern deck as well (preferebly with the image depecting her fight with Fringilla at Sodden :cool:).

On the bright side, it means that we can have characters fighting for more than one faction. Perhaps, one day I can have a full Lodge deck :)

Zyvik;n9972941 said:
The only way this could be redeemed If they add her into the Northern deck as well (preferebly with the image depecting her fight with Fringilla at Sodden ).
Feel free to pass this idea on to the Gwent Team: https://playgwent.com/en/contact-support , either under Gamplay: Feedback, or Other.

And now, the technical bit, which I'm obliged to mention as a moderator: We have an entire forum dedicated to discussing Gwent and cards.

Ay, ay, I know it's cosy over here.

Last edited:
Gilthoniel;n9966501 said:

There is a new Gwent card of Yen called Yennefer: Tremors" - this time she is under Nilfgaardian faction - this is kinda interesting choice, I think her being part of Nilfgaard doesn't make sense. The only reason she joined them was because Emhyr asked her to help find Ciri. Geralt did the same. Yennefer was always neutral, the teaming up with Emhyr is hardly making her full supporter of Nilfgaard, what do you think? :)

No offence to the artist who designed this, but it's honestly ugly.
The outfit she's wearing, so different from the one in game, the stance that makes her look like she's sliding down a mountain in Skellige and, of course, the fact that she's under the Nilfgaardian faction as if she was WILLINGLY working for/with them.

Yennefer is smartest person in the room

SPOILER! Yennefer's action in books SPOILER!

1. Last Wish
Almost innocent man died because of her (Geralt, Chireadan saved him)

2. Last Wish
He almost killed her djinn (Geralt saved her)

3. Bounds of Reason
Yarpen defeat her

4. Shard of Ice
I didn't realise that it would become public knowledge and that you would end up bragging to each other about it.

5. Time of Contempt
Ciri escaped from the bath

6. Time of Contempt
Bring Ciri to Thanedd and risk her life

7. Time of Contempt
She left Ciri alone

8. Time of Contempt
Francesca defeat her

9. Baptism of Fire
She was captured by Vilgefortz

10. Lady of the Lake
Bring Ciri to Lodge

I like her, but WTF?

xxslimagxx;n10655601 said:

1. Last Wish

2. Last Wish

3. Bounds of Reason
Yarpen defeat her

4. Shard of Ice
I didn't realise that it would become public knowledge and that you would end up bragging to each other about it.

5. Time of Contempt

6. Time of Contempt

7. Time of Contempt
She left Ciri alone

8. Time of Contempt
Francesca defeat her

9. Baptism of Fire

10. Lady of the Lake
Bring Ciri to Lodge

I like her, but WTF?

I don't really get this comment. First you said Yennefer is the smartest person, then you come up with some other facts against this comment.
And some of them are really out off topic:
Yarpen won against her for a moment cause he stand behind her and magicans are not invincible. What does Ciri's escape had to do with Yennefers smartness? Thanedd was no place of danger in any kind for Ciri at this moment, it was Tissaia who brought Ciri in danger cause she let the barrier down, till that Ciri was save. Francesca and Vilgefortz aree by far tow of the mightigest magicnas in the world, and there is no shame to get beaten up by them. And Ciri wanted to get to the lodge, Yennefer did everything against this, but in the end Ciri didn't want to run away forever and Yennefer should bring her to the lodge.
But as I said, I don't understand why this should proof Yennefers smartness...

It was ironic

Yennefer bring Ciri to Garstang and admits it:
‘Silence, ugly one. I made a mistake. Nobody’s perfect.’

Yennefer still makes mistakes.

She did not have to fight with Franceska. She could go with Ciri.

‘No! Don’t leave me alone!’
She left her...

She didn't have to go to Vilgefortz, but she followed him.

xxslimagxx;n10655601 said:

1. Last Wish

2. Last Wish

3. Bounds of Reason
Yarpen defeat her

4. Shard of Ice

5. Time of Contempt

6. Time of Contempt

7. Time of Contempt
She left Ciri alone

8. Time of Contempt
Francesca defeat her

9. Baptism of Fire

10. Lady of the Lake
Bring Ciri to Lodge

I like her, but WTF?

Most of your points are quite weird:

1. She didn't intend for him to get harmed and made sure he was released from the prison

2. She didn't know that Geralt was his true master

3. She was caught off guard

4. Eh? She wasn't even trying to hide it

5. Wich characterizes Ciri as the stupid one, not Yennefer

6. Under Tissaia's orders

8. Francesca is a more powerful sorceress

9. Again, Yennefer vs more powerful sorcerer

10. Ciri's decision.

She did not have to fight Francesca or Vilgefortz.
She knew they were stronger.
She left Ciri alone.
She didn't intend, she didn't know.

I do not understand her.
She was stupid?

xxslimagxx;n10660361 said:
She did not have to fight Francesca or Vilgefortz.
She knew they were stronger.
She left Ciri alone.
She didn't intend, she didn't know.

I do not understand her.
She was stupid?

Who said she wanted to fight Francesca? Judging by their conversation in Baptism of Fire, Francesca sneak attacked her. It's not like Yennefer left Ciri to fight with someone, she clearly wanted to find Geralt. And Vilgefortz? What would you have her do? Just sit on her ass in Skellige?

And by the way, Geralt also left Ciri alone afterwards.

And she never wanted to fight Vilgefortz, that she landed in "his hands" was more like a surpise, she never knew that he was behind all of this.
And yepp, she said she made a mistake too Ciri, but the mistake was not about bringing Ciri in danger, as I said, that was Tissaia's fault. Btw, it's pretty normal for a child to say "don't leave me alone"... but wait a moment "ugly one"? Really? The english translation is "ugly one" at this point? ...that's... bad...

And yep, Yennefer make mistakes, that is only human. Everybody make mistakes :)

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Deemonef;n10661041 said:
The english translation is "ugly one" at this point?

It is, meaning of some phrases is bound to be lost in translation. However, the way this entire conversation unfolds (even in English) still makes it abundantly clear that she's just teasing her, not mocking her. ;)

In Thaned left Ciri, her daughter, little girl, Elder Blood,
and went looking for Geralt, the Witcher, the monster killer.
-----
In Skellige had this information (Radcliffe, Lodge, Crach etc.):
Vilgefortz teleported to Sedna Abyss.
Ciri teleported by a Tor Lara.
Ciri is not at Emhyr.
Ciri lives.
Geralt is somewhere in Brugge.
-----
Geralt searches for Ciri
Triss searches for Ciri (Skellige, Ellander)
Vilgefortz searches for Ciri
Emhyr searches for Ciri
-----
Yennefer has ships, soldiers, money from Crach an Craite. She can teleport, she has magic.
Yennefer not searches for Ciri.
Yennefer sacrifices herself.
‘One could try sacrifice, yarl. Apparently readiness to make sacrifices can pay off, produce favourable results… If only in the form of the grace of the goddess. Who likes and esteems people who sacrifice themselves and suffer for a cause.’
-----
WHY?

xxslimagxx;n10710411 said:
Triss searches for Ciri (Skellige, Ellander)

Yennefer not searches for Ciri.

WHY?

Why don't you try to actually read what is in the book saga? It is certainly better than Witcher Wiki and some twisted Witcher "Yennefer is evil" lore which are usually presented by certain fans

Guest 3848806

Hello! Guess there aint much point trying to revive this thread (a bit of nostalgia for the witcher world fuels this attempt :D), its just a bit sad to see after three years of my stalking here and there that the fanbase is (inevitably) quieting down. Anyway, anyone looking forward to the next book by Sapkowski himself? Wonder if Yennefer will play a role...

Top Bottom