Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers) - The Revival

+
Yeah I agree with that entirely! Yet I still think it does make a difference. I didn't say it was a "Yen is nice" versus "Yen is a bitch" point. But on one hand she doesn't care whether Geralt cares about her or not as long as he kills that dragon, on the other hand the fact that he will do it for her because he cares about her is important to her. I agree that in both cases it was a shitty move to make and that in both cases it wasn't out of maliciousness. That was not my point.
Anyway, letting this go now, sorry guys :unsure:

She knows he cares about her, which is the whole reason why she asks him to kill the dragon for her. She was pulling a "come on, Geralt, we'll make love on the furs afterwards" move because she knew it was what he wanted. I don't know how much Yennefer wanted it at that point, but she used it as a barganing chip anyway. She does want it later on, after the baby dragon, when they share a moment of honest tenderness.

She is basically telling him, "kill the dragon for me and I'll forgive you, we'll try again", etc. It's (a rather pathetic) manipulation attempt, there's no two ways about it. But she doesn't do it out of maliciousness, rather self-delusion. She believed that curing infertility would somehow fix her, when her real issue at that point was her inability to offer the other, more important things that a make a mother (some of those things are also important in making a lover). She was desperate to have a child, but then again, so was the woman from A L'interieur. It was an obsession and it made her do really stupid things. She figures it out later on, though.

About the forgiveness bit, again. You don't just decide to forgive someone on the spot because you want something in return. She, as per usual at that point in their relationship, was torn on the whole affair, but had probably forgiven him, despite pretending not to. What she does is use a reconciliation as an incentive.
Yeah but I think that's a bit you can fully understand (motives) only later on the series, not when finishing reading this story.

She knows he cares about her, which is the whole reason why she asks him to kill the dragon for her. She was pulling a "come on, Geralt, we'll make love on the furs afterwards" move because she knew it was what he wanted. I don't know how much Yennefer wanted it at that point, but she used it as a barganing chip anyway. She does want it later on, after the baby dragon, when they share a moment of honest tenderness.

The way I saw it, she was actually trying to know if he still cared about her enough to do it and was hurt when she saw that he didn't. Well I guess the way you put it, it is indeed not that important after all.
Thanks for your interesting answers by the way!

Last edited:
The way I saw it, she was actually trying to know if he still cared about her enough to do it and was hurt when she saw that he didn't. Well I guess the way you put it, it is indeed not that important after all.
Thanks for your interesting answers by the way!

I don't think she was trying to figure anything out at that point. She was just caught up in her obsession. She is hurt by his answer because, while it was the right answer (what she was asking and how she was asking was ridiculous), it was mean-spirited and spiteful. It was also ultimately dishonest to both of them, because Geralt did care, and he knew it, and she knew it as well.

I don't think she was trying to figure anything out at that point. She was just caught up in her obsession. She is hurt by his answer because, while it was the right answer (what she was asking and how she was asking was ridiculous), it was mean-spirited and spiteful. It was also ultimately dishonest to both of them, because Geralt did care, and he knew it, and she knew it as well.

I've just reread it quickly, the way you see things does make sense, I'm not so sure how to see that story anymore now :laughing:

Last edited:
Just a thought here, but for any book readers and for people who read the books before playing the game or wel it doesn't really matter. I played and finished TW3 a good while ago (multiple times) and wel we actually saw Yennefer for the first time. And yes in black and white, raven hair, violet eyes etc. But the most important (in my opinion) her star. I gotta admit CDPR did a fantastic job on that part, but everytime when I read the books I can't help but imagen her star quite different again.

How do you imagine Yennefer's star in the books? Or I don't know if there are more people thinking this way

Interesting question. I definitely like how CDPR made it.....I guess I generally had it in my mind's eye as something like this (although like a star, not a starfish!)

Yeah or it has some more diamonds onto it. I always picture it to be a bit more bling bling (not gangster style ofc XD) somehow, moving diamonds as described in the books

Just a thought here, but for any book readers and for people who read the books before playing the game or wel it doesn't really matter. I played and finished TW3 a good while ago (multiple times) and wel we actually saw Yennefer for the first time. And yes in black and white, raven hair, violet eyes etc. But the most important (in my opinion) her star. I gotta admit CDPR did a fantastic job on that part, but everytime when I read the books I can't help but imagen her star quite different again.

How do you imagine Yennefer's star in the books? Or I don't know if there are more people thinking this way

i read the books during (cause I needed to find history because some convo's made no sence to me lol) and after TW3. So I kinda know what it looked like. Also while talking about what she looks like, I only ever watched Tw3 entro cgi film once. I have since in the last couple of days watched it 2 or 3 times. Yen seems to be a lot thinner in the into vid and her face also seems different and seems to have way more curly hair. Same with Gerald (his head seems thicker). I prefer how they look ingame as apposed to the entro vid. Dunno if anyone else noticed this

Last edited:
Yen seems to be a lot thinner in the into vid and her face also seems different and seems to have way more curly hair. Same with Gerald (his head seems thicker). I prefer how they look ingame as apposed to the entro vid. Dunno if anyone else noticed this

Yes those are the CGI models. They used different models for "ingame" aswell. Same goes for 'A night to remember trailer CGI' those are again different then the opening Cinematic.

Well, according to some it's a pentagram which, of course, is a further proof that Yennefer is a daugther of Satan.

The pentagram has several meanings (the star on the European vlag also is actually somekind of pentagram form) but it was even used as an early Christian symbol before the the cross symbol actually. And yes it is also used by the occult club (in this current age).

The pentagram has several meanings (the star on the European vlag also is actually somekind of pentagram form) but it was even used as an early Christian symbol before the the cross symbol actually. And yes it is also used by the occult club (in this current age).

Duh, of course I know that :D But this symbol, just like svastika, has grown to have a pejorative meaning and association to it.

Guest 3847602

Well, according to some it's a pentagram which, of course, is a further proof that Yennefer is a daugther of Satan.

Yennefer's date of birth: May 1 1173.

5+1+1+1+7+3=18

6+6+6=18

I think CDPR did amazing job with her pendant but I love also the other versions they designed :)

Last edited:
Yeah or it has some more diamonds onto it. I always picture it to be a bit more bling bling (not gangster style ofc XD) somehow, moving diamonds as described in the books

I always assumed that only a few people (like Ciri) could really see that it is moving and that for other people it looks like what they did in the game (I think they did an amazing job with it by the way).
But then, I have read the books only after playing the game so surely I'm biased since I never had to imagine Yennefer looking any different.

I always assumed that only a few people (like Ciri) could really see that it is moving

That's true, very few notice the moving of her pulsating star. Ciri saw it right away. I believe It holds incredible power.
But too bad it isn't stated were Yennefer got her star, but yeah that's up to our imagination. Maybe she got it from Tissaia? I dunno just a wild guess.

Top Bottom