Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers) - The Revival

+
I still can't get over that "we don't know why Geralt would want to be with Yennefer" thing.

Well let's see, this woman is always looking out for him even when they are not together, she has forgiven him so many of his mistakes, when he asks for her help she comes without hesitation, she is ready to give up everything for him, she endured torture to protect their daughter... Oh and yeah she died trying to save him. Yup, she literally gave her life for him.

So yeah, I mean, why would he love her, that is really impossible to imagine :facepalm2:

We are so blessed to notice such things.

How do we do that - I have no idea. I mean - it's just written on paper.

Guest 3842753

Thank you...I really have no idea why she said this...compare to this

Seems she meant they had to put extra effort in spelling out to the player why, despite her abrasive personality, Geralt/Yen fit, such as his answer to Cerys when she asks him "What is it that draws you to her?"

I have a feeling that they really had no idea how to write her...bitch or not bitch that's the question...

I thought they did a passable job with Yen. Too bad they had less of an idea how to write Blinky.

In one word or more? ;D

---------- Zaktualizowano 17:34 ----------

Yeah..and there you have it...the reason for the whole amnesia plotline ;)

The amnesia is there to make it an RPG not specifically to do with romance. Without it Geralt wouldn't have been able to make most of the choices possible in the first 2 games. Actually don't think amnesia would have made use of Yen impossible, though no doubt many would have been unhappy at possibility of amnesiac Geralt rejecting her.

I still can't get over that "we don't know why Geralt would want to be with Yennefer" thing.

Well let's see, this woman is always looking out for him even when they are not together, she has forgiven him so many of his mistakes, when he asks for her help she comes without hesitation, she is ready to give up everything for him, she endured torture to protect their daughter... Oh and yeah she died trying to save him. Yup, she literally gave her life for him.

So yeah, I mean, why would he love her, that is really impossible to imagine :facepalm2:

Pffffff, thats all ?? Nothing else ?? That doesn't really speak for her ... :D

I honestly don't like that reply from the interview (who is just, who cannot love etc...) because at that point if it's what she/they thought then that's only what she/they grasped from the books, no wonder why Yennefer and other game characters seemed to be people from 20 years prior lol
Also why putting these characters in the game at this point. "It didn't fit to us" is the worst though, oh well I will just only wait for Blood and Wine then, after that, I wouldn't care for other interviews. Unless it's Cyberpunk related.

Unless:

Seems she meant they had to put extra effort in spelling out to the player why, despite her abrasive personality, Geralt/Yen fit, such as his answer to Cerys when she asks him "What is it that draws you to her?"

Which leads to

I thought they did a passable job with Yen. Too bad they had less of an idea how to write Blinky.
Pretty much, but to be honest I generally liked Ciri.

For example, we had a huge problem with Yennefer, who is just a bitch (whaaat?), she has a very difficult character. It didn't fit to us that Geralt can fall in love with her (whaaat x2?).

So, it is official then ? :p

The amnesia is there to make it an RPG not specifically to do with romance. Without it Geralt wouldn't have been able to make most of the choices possible in the first 2 games. Actually don't think amnesia would have made use of Yen impossible, though no doubt many would have been unhappy at possibility of amnesiac Geralt rejecting her.

Perhaps Yennefer could have been in the first game, not as an actual NPC, but the world being aware of her existence. And Geralt too, but because of the amnesia not remembering his feelings towards her. Thus, the "returning memories" sub-plot already beginning in TW1, but being less significant than in the sequel, not least since no one knows where Yennefer is or if she is even alive. Of course, when Witcher 1 was made, the story of the sequels was probably not planned yet, but in hindsight it could have been handled in a more consistent manner while keeping the overall story arc and major choices the same.

Then again, the choice of only "resurrecting" Geralt was also there. Or going ahead with the original plan of making Berengar the protagonist. And, according to the Witcher wiki, even Geralt being made female was a possibility, or at least demanded by a potential publisher.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Yeah..and there you have it...the reason for the whole amnesia plotline

I doubt it's the only reason for using amnesia plot device, but I don't mind it, imo it was the only way to offer enough freedom to the players and stay within the boundaries set by the lore. I love TW1 and 2 as they are and these games would have been completely different without the amnesia, I don't believe having even more book-friendly Geralt or inclusion of Yennefer from the start of the series would be worth the cost of altering their storylines. For me - I'm happy as long as I have the chance to make Geralt (finally!) ditch Triss and return to Yen, and I totally got the opportunity to do this in TW3.

As for Karolina, she doesn't have to love Yennefer, that's what Geralt is for ;) Which reminds me of one of my favorite lines in the game:

I see most of the people are at least satisfied with her writing, so no harm done...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 66
So, it is official then ? :p

Perhaps Yennefer could have been in the first game, not as an actual NPC, but the world being aware of her existence. And Geralt too, but because of the amnesia not remembering his feelings towards her. Thus, the "returning memories" sub-plot already beginning in TW1, but being less significant than in the sequel, not least since no one knows where Yennefer is or if she is even alive. Of course, when Witcher 1 was made, the story of the sequels was probably not planned yet, but in hindsight it could have been handled in a more consistent manner while keeping the overall story arc and major choices the same.

The easiest thing for more awareness of her existence but not her presence would be for the wild hunt to have implanted some false memories of Yennefer and Ciri's deaths alongside the amnesia at TW1 stage, allowing the TW1 to progress much as is.

Erm...guys, this is Yennefer thread, not Triss hate thread

Hm, to be honest, i dont see "hate" here :wisegirl:

But true, lets go back to Yen ;)

(btw, only me, is or is this forum today really laagy ) ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom