Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers) - The Revival

+
Anyway, I can only speak for myself, but I already got my "perfect ending" in the base game, everything turned out exactly how I wanted as far as outcomes and character fates are concerned, so I'm not terribly interested in additional interaction with Yennefer and Ciri (unless there is finally some mother-daughter moment which I'm pretty sure there isn't).

Same here I am rather content how the whole game is made etc, except like you said a little "mother" line couldn't hurt. But yeah like you said I had my perfect ending too, and currently so enjoying the books, bought them in my own language this time (since in my opinion they are way better translated) Still need to read the lady of the lake but I am waiting for the official release (which will be released in September).

You're probably right, although I would prefer it if they gave us an adventure with the romance option of our choice than have a fling with someone like Fringilla. I totally ignored Shani while playing HoS as it just didn't feel right after committing to Yen in Wild Hunt.

True, and option to tell shani that you are with Yen ( or triss) would not be bad and would be more immersive.
Geralt could choose if he wants to tell it or not. Result -> Shani romance enabled or not.

@ooodrin
all in all i agree.
But one single additional set from yen would be perfect for me.
In the last wish quest, when yen reads geralt mind again and she sees geralt didn't slept with any other woman during witcher 3. So she sees geralt is faithful to her after the amnesia is gone.

Guest 3847602

In the last wish quest, when yen reads geralt mind again and she sees geralt didn't slept with any other woman during witcher 3. So she sees geralt is faithful to her after the amnesia is gone.

I hope not, in that case my Geralt would be screwed (and not in a good way :p)

:exasperation:

jk :D

Hehe. in my first playthrough i refused every single woman just for the hope of a nice comment from yen.
After i did see nothing is coming, my geralt had in the nexts playthroughs amnesia again ( from time to time :D ) and also in HoS ;)

Amnesia can be really helpful and geralt very often crashes....:lol:

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Something interesting appeared on nexus:

Edit: Nevermind the hair color, I tested it, it looks darker in the actual game:

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...ods.com/witcher3/ajax/modfiles/?id=1442&pUp=1

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 336
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 3847602

It's just Rita's hair recolored and put on Yennefer, but it's closer to the hairstyle she should have according to the books (curly, not wavy like in the game)

It's just Rita's hair recolored and put on Yennefer, but it's closer to the hairstyle she should have according to the books (curly, not wavy like in the game)

Yeah thought so but it's not very fitting for Yennefer tbh, I really like her normal hairstyle, it still is curly but also wavy, I mean wavy on top but her bangs etc are curly, specially the back.

Yeah thought so but it's not very fitting for Yennefer tbh, I really like her normal hairstyle, it still is curly but also wavy, I mean wavy on top but her bangs etc are curly, specially the back.

Yeah I've got to agree. Especially at the back as you said it looks more curly while in front it's more wavy.

So is that a mod for the PC? She looks a bit like the Sword of Destiny trailer in those pics.

Hey guys!

So I found this old picture by Asshai92 on tumblr the other day, about MBTI personality types applied to The Witcher universe. And this is the part about Yennefer :

I found this really interesting so I did some research about INTJs in the past few days. Apparently, this is a very rare personality type and the rarest among women (less than 1% of women are INTJs). And reading articles about INTJs out there is like reading Yennefer's biography so I have come to think that Sapkowski used this to write the character. INTJs are very smart, independent people, with a lot of wit and sarcastic humor who appear cold on the outside but are really caring about with loved ones.

Some examples of interesting articles about INTJs that really fit Yennefer :
"Though the INTJ may appear cold and calculating on the outside, they care incredibly deeply about the people they love. Most members of this type would take a bullet for the small circle of people they’re invested in. And if you manage to make your way into that circle, you’ll be surprised to find that the INTJ personality is one of the most caring and compassionate ones you’ll ever encounter. And you’ll be endlessly glad to have let them into your life." (source)

"When so much of their personality steers towards wise, fair leadership their reluctance to be the focal point puts their true ability to change the world into doubt. Their pragmatism and foresight allows them to make rational strategies that often come to fruition. Yet, frequently they will remain quiet unless they deem no one else fit for the leadership role.Once in the role of leaders they can be highly effective. However, their nature to disregard emotions over the greater good of the cause can rub people the wrong way." (source)

"INTJS AS PARENTS
As parents, INTJs are devoted and supportive. They set firm limits and provide consistent reinforcement, but within that structure allow a lot of latitude for their children to explore their own interests and potential. They are encouraging of their childrens' intellectual pursuits and enthusiastic about sharing knowledge.
INTJs enjoy the process of developing a young mind, and get a lot of satisfaction from parenting. They want to develop productive, competent, and self-sufficient children who think for themselves." (source)

And then I found an article about INTJs in fiction. INTJs are fascinating for writers because they are rare and complex, but most writers get them wrong. They write INTJs as one sided villains.

"This magic elixir: perceived arrogance + perceived lack of emotion + perceived unpredictability + intelligence = prime fictional villain.This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t cast your INTJ in the villain role. Let’s be honest, INTJs make great villains.
The problem comes when the writer uses the above as given qualities without exploring cause and motivation. This mistake results in the dreaded cardboard character, kills the story, and reveals an embarrassing lack of insight into character." (read full article here)

And this is why Sapkowski is a genius. I think he used the MBTI personality types to write Yen, clearly, but he avoided all the cliches, he really got it right, writing an incredibly complex and deep character who is not the villain some people think she is but instead a very likable character. And well, CDPR got that mostly right too.
Anyway I thought this was interesting.

Attachments

• the_witcher_3__wild_hunt_mbti_personality_types_by_asshai92-d9j7rhc.jpg
    the_witcher_3__wild_hunt_mbti_personality_types_by_asshai92-d9j7rhc.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 534
Last edited:
Apparently, this is a very rare personality type and the rarest among women (less than 1% of women are INTJs).

And that's why we are doomed !

But seriously I wouldn't say that most writers builds their stories with the book about MBTI in front of them, thinking "Ok, I already have one ISFJ, so now I'll create INTJ." I think it's more natural, organic (especially if we talk about a guy who was writing his short stories after hours, without plans for being a professional writer at first). But who knows. Of course, you' re right that Yennefer fits INTJ perfectly.

Last edited:
Finally I finished Baptism of Fire :) Hell yeah, Epic stories ever. Im waiting sixth book right now. It will come 19th May if I remember correctly ! And that screenshots about Toussiant, just wow! I hope good stories come with Toussiant. Btw it looks beautiful :)

Interesting points about romance in the DLCs. I, for one, did romance Shani during Hearts Of Stone, using a save file post ending (Witcher Ciri). I headcanon that HoS took place very early in the main game and before Geralt and Yennefer hooked up for good, because Yen is the woman of his life, no doubt, but until the first love scene, I like to think Geralt wasn't romantically engaged with anyone, so Shani works like a quick fling.

Hearts Of Stone just feels so out of place in the TW3's main storyline. We're running against the clock to find Ciri, and Geralts decides to attend a wedding. Don't get me wrong, it's a very good DLC. I just headcanon that story before TW3 kicks in.

Now, if we had the option to bring the LI along or at least mention that there's someone else already, that would be great. If not, I rather not waste any content from these DLCS that apparently won't be relevant to the main game at all.

Hearts Of Stone just feels so out of place in the TW3's main storyline. We're running against the clock to find Ciri, and Geralts decides to attend a wedding.

I like to think that the whole "Find Ciri" quest is not about time. Not like we perceive time, anyway. Let's remember that Ciri is a source, a person with immensely powerful magic abilities. She can move between worlds and through time by just thinking about it.

I like to think that this is more about necessary actions that unavoidably lead to the final confrontation with the Wild Hunt. Geralt can procrastinate or pretend nothing is happening, but he knows what he ultimately has to do. For example, he knew that the moment he will bring Ciri to Kaer Morhen, Wild Hunt will know about this and attack. But this was necessary and it had to happen. It was his "destiny".

I like to think that the whole "Find Ciri" quest is not about time. Not like we perceive time, anyway. Let's remember that Ciri is a source, a person with immensely powerful magic abilities. She can move between worlds and through time by just thinking about it.

I like to think that this is more about necessary actions that unavoidably lead to the final confrontation with the Wild Hunt. Geralt can procrastinate or pretend nothing is happening, but he knows what he ultimately has to do. For example, he knew that the moment he will bring Ciri to Kaer Morhen, Wild Hunt will know about this and attack. But this was necessary and it had to happen. It was his "destiny".

I understand your point. Thing is, for me, is that the game constantly reminds us that Ciri is fleeing the Wild Hunt, and when she's not doing that, she's getting in even more danger and eventually ends hurting herself before teleporting.

To not break the immersion, I can't play a Geralt that gets too much distracted, we're talking about his daughter here. Sure, she knows how to handle herself, but Geralt's parental instincts are kicking in, just like how Yennefer is willing to do anything for Ciri and doesn't want to waste time arguing with Ermion and etc.

HoS is just a tricky thing to make my mind around it...

Guest 3847602

So, while I was finishing my latest TW3 playthrough I noticed a few interesting details I missed previously:

1) Yenna at Brenna:

View attachment 35730

:facepalm2:

2) Also, related to the infamous Lodge deleted content, the sorceresses were originally the ones that located Avallac'h, before being thrown under the bus by Yennefer a few seconds later:

View attachment 35740

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 137
Top Bottom