Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers) - The Revival

+

Guest 3847602

No I get that... I meant i wonder how she WOULD react.

On the outside, something like this, I believe: :D

On the inside, she'd most likely be proud (like when Geralt beat up Lugos at the wake).

Hard to imagine her getting through most of the Touissant content with a straight face. Probably be rolling her eyes, most of the time.

Well I'd rather see her living in a place like Skellige (she even says that she likes Skellige at some point of the game - I think) than Touissaint (which is a bit too 'perfect') but I'm happy with what I've got lol

she even says that she likes Skellige at some point of the game - I think)

Isn't that at the part with The last wish quest? "I think the gods/spirits of Skellige favor us"?

Anyways hmm yeah I could picture them living in both regions tbh. I am really content with the ending in B&W ^^

She mentions during the Wake that she has a good opinion about Skellige women; how they handle deaths of their husbands and life in general. "Each would almost make a good sorceress".

I do not remember any lines about that Yen would like to settle down on Skellige.

She mentions during the Wake that she has a good opinion about Skellige women; how they handle deaths of their husbands and life in general. "Each would almost make a good sorceress".

I do not remember any lines about that Yen would like to settle down on Skellige.

Yes this was the part. Yen says this actually when talking to Birna Bran (with her son Svanrige present) and another clan leader if I remember correctly. Thanks @Lytha!

IIRC, I think she says it when you chat with the two widows (between Cerys/jarl sons table and Birna/Svanrige/Holger). The widows tell you how their brave husbands died while raiding, and that they will raise strong brave sons now so that the circle of violence can continue. ;) Yen reacts positively to their attitude, in general.

With Birna/Svanrige/Holger, the topic is about the intruiging question if burning widows is a good and valuable tradition that should be pursued or not. Birna storms off, Svanrige doesn't contribute anything to the discussion, and Holger wants to get drunk.

There are lines said by Geralt in dialogues with Yen, about how beautiful Skellige looks like, later on. But I really do not recall Yen saying these lines on her own, or wanting to settle down. In fact, if she wanted to, her actions in the garden of Freya and the reaction of the priestesses would have been downright tragic.

Yeaaah, you're right ;) It was about Skellige women, not the place itself..my bad

But still Skellige fits much more with Yennefer's...aesthetic ;D

They didn't touch on it at all in the game but Yennefer was actually fairly well liked among certain segments of Skellige's population, so what she did at the Garden of Freya did actually have rather painful personal consequence for her, being ritually banished and all. But no, doubt she'd want to live there.

Guest 3847602

I imagine that's just for kings, hopefully.

Yes I know, I meant she's too much of a non-traditionalist for permanently settling down in a place where customs like that (as an example) are practiced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. Though the rest of the world isn't a whole lot better. All the mages are kind of fish out of water, Yen more than most. 20th century secular humanist capitalist in feudal medieval fantasy land.

I think thats why the storyboard seems to suggest them living somewhere isolated ish ( at least thats implied by Yens dialgoue before the final wild hunt battle). That being said I hardly have trouble imagining her and Geralt in Toussaint. Esspesisally with a Ciri Empress ending ( but not neccissarily). Im sure Geralt at least for awhile would continue to do the odd contract here and there ( the wineyard isnt producing wine this year and whilst the peasants are employed , perhaps temporarily by ducal treasury) Geralt and Yen gotta eat still :p. Im sure having a witcher living a short ride from the capital is something the court would take advantage of.

And Yen I doubt wouldnt get involved eventually in the court to some extent.

what's sort of funny is that Philippa refers to this during the Sunstone quest. how if Ciri becomes Empress then Yennefer had better get out of the way before Philippa imprisons Yennefer.

which has horrifying implications if you think about it, because the -only- way that Ciri would decide to have Philippa be her mage adviser and imprison Yennefer would be if Philippa mind controls Ciri like she did with Saskia.

also makes no sense because it's also pretty clear that Ciri's latent magical powers, if not her trained abilities, well exceed anyone else's.

and doesn't mention what Geralt would do. he clearly stated that he would chase the sorceresses away with his sword if need be. that type of talk on part of Philippa-- threatening both Ciri AND Yennefer-- that's just ASKING for Geralt to go medieval.

Philippa's arrogance is really quite grating, it's really too bad there isn't an option for Geralt to off her. i mean, crap, there was an option to off -Keira Metz- for far, far less.

Top Bottom