Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers) - The Revival

+
Yennefer seems to have deeper emotions towards Geralt whereas in the game it's vice versa IMO.

I don't think so as toudis815 said - Geralt was in love and obsessed by Yen since The Last Wish story through the end of the saga ...even in Season of Storms after he left Yen in Vengerberg he wanted to forget her (with Lytta Neid lol) and he couldn't...he wanted to forget Yen with Fringilla in Lady of The Lake and he couldn't...

‘Geralt?’

‘I’m listening, Yen.’

‘When we... When we were not together, where you with other women?’

‘No.’

‘Not once?’

‘Not once.’

‘Your voice did not tremble. So I do not know why I don’t believe you.’

Only ever thought of you Yen.

‘Now I do.’

:geraltfeelgood:

In Sword of destiny Geralt is completely EMO

Yes I recently uploaded the PL audiobook sample from the part from Something More story :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O1BMIIzvvY

Yes I recently uploaded the PL audiobook sample from the part from Something More story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O1BMIIzvvY

Cool. One of my favoruite moments in whole saga. "You don't have to address me like that. We have known each others for years, after all." Geralt looking behind his back for the first time...and his fear that Yennefer might be dead. Have to add that Banaszyk did great job in voice acting here.

In general Geralt had many "total into Yen" moments. Good one was in Little sacrifice, when he was fighting with sea creatures and thought that we might die there and he was "If I get through this alive, I'll go to Yen, to Vengerberg, I'll try once more". And few lines later, when he knew that he survived - " I'm alive, I made it. But no. I'm not going anywhere" :D

he was fighting with sea creatures and thought that we might die there and he was "If I get through this alive, I'll go to Yen, to Vengerberg, I'll try once more". And few lines later, when he knew that he survived - " I'm alive, I made it. But no. I'm not going anywhere"
I remember this part cracked me up and had to close the book for some minutes. :turned:

---------- Updated at 04:02 PM ----------

‘Geralt?’

‘I’m listening, Yen.’

‘When we... When we were not together, where you with other women?’

‘No.’

‘Not once?’

‘Not once.’

‘Your voice did not tremble. So I do not know why I don’t believe you.’

‘Only ever thought of you Yen.’

‘Now I do.’

Guys there is a new interview with Konrad Tomaszkiewicz - the TW3 director

http://www.crgamershub.club/2016/10/14/konrad-tomaszkiewicz-the-witcher-3-game-director/

Vichi, CR Gamers Hub: Who did you pick? Jeneffer or Triss?

Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, Game Director:Yennefer. I think she’s an extremely interesting and deep character. And I’m also a fan of The Witcher books, so for me Yennefer was the obvious choice.

Vichi, CR Gamers Hub: Is there any character in the game,* with whom you got an special bond during game development? If so, Why?

Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, Game Director:Again, I’ll have to go with Yennefer on this one. Like I said, I’m a huge fan of the books and I really love Yennefer as a character, and really wanted to get her right in the game. It was something that took us a lot of time. Our writers had to rewrite her multiple times. It was quite a challenge, and maybe that’s also part of why I feel especially attached to her, too

http://www.crgamershub.club/2016/10/14/konrad-tomaszkiewicz-the-witcher-3-game-director/

Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, Game Director:Yennefer. I think she’s an extremely interesting and deep character. And I’m also a fan of The Witcher books, so for me Yennefer was the obvious choice.

Vichi, CR Gamers Hub: Is there any character in the game,* with whom you got an special bond during game development? If so, Why?

Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, Game Director:Again, I’ll have to go with Yennefer on this one. Like I said, I’m a huge fan of the books and I really love Yennefer as a character, and really wanted to get her right in the game. It was something that took us a lot of time. Our writers had to rewrite her multiple times. It was quite a challenge, and maybe that’s also part of why I feel especially attached to her, too

CDPR"s bias towards Yennefer confirmed!!!!!!1111

XD

Cheers from Costa Rica..!

Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, Game Director:Yennefer. I think she’s an extremely interesting and deep character. And I’m also a fan of The Witcher books, so for me Yennefer was the obvious choice....

Wow, i wouldn't think this would get to places like the game forums, thank you for sharing our experience guys...!!!! Cheers from Costa Rica..!

CDPR"s bias towards Yennefer confirmed!!!!!!1111

XD

Did you doubt it? Just compare Triss from TW2 with the one of TW3. In this game is just like a stupid doll. The game, in general, is biased to what CDPR thought it was the best choice. In everything.

Given the fact that is RPG game, it had been good that they had left that choice to players

Did you doubt it? Just compare Triss from TW2 with the one of TW3. In this game is just like a stupid doll. The game, in general, is biased to what CDPR thought it was the best choice. In everything.

Given the fact that is RPG game, it had been good that they had left that choice to players
I think that was ironic, but apart from agreeing on which Triss is the "best"... if we have to get a nitpicking look on this joke... I don't think having Dijkstra saying that you did wrong and almost half the skelligans cursing Yennefer's name and uhm... Cerys as well (?) can be considered as some biased behaviour towards a character. Which is completely understandable from gamers' point of view.

The "good and bad" bias is another thing.

Last edited:
As someone who came to TW3 as a Witcher Virgin - no previous Witcher games, no books - I felt more pushed towards Triss. I still have a feeling that someone at CDPR doesn't like Yennefer - even though she is beautifully portrayed visually and vocally. Her goodness and bravery were invisible to me until reading Tower of the Swallow.

As someone who came to TW3 as a Witcher Virgin - no previous Witcher games, no books - I felt more pushed towards Triss. I still have a feeling that someone at CDPR doesn't like Yennefer - even though she is beautifully portrayed visually and vocally. Her goodness and bravery were invisible to me until reading Tower of the Swallow.

Wow, really? I too played only witcher 3 (read the books after my 3rd play through). I didn't know anything about either woman. The game to me pushed hard for Yen. Right from the start with the family dynamic with Yen, right til the end, made me feel like I was breaking up a family to choose Triss. Then there was the dialogue with Yen that was still flirty even if you picked Triss, and the lack of Triss content towards the end (Yen is even the one that saves Geralt on the boat).

Only thing, to me anyway, that pushed me towards Triss was not understanding Yen's character and having her react coldly with Geralt, whereas Triss was more obvious when her intentions.

A friendly reminder :) Let's be careful with Triss related stuff in here. This thread is just for Yen. If you want to talk about/compare those two in same posts, you can do it in here.

I played the first two games, but no book. and felt at first drawn to Triss. But after I spend time with Yen, all changed. What can I say, always loved women with strong personality.

here is a preview of new cover of physical copy of the Curse of Crows comic (all 5 volumes in one) - it will be released on May 23rd, 2017
https://www.amazon.com/Witcher-3-Cur...dp/1506701612/

There is out the 3rd digital issue on Dark Horse site
https://digital.darkhorse.com/books/...f930af3bfb8830

I've read it and well I don't know how much Karolina Stachyra helped to write the comic...but I recognise her style regarding writing Yen since according her she is "just a shrew". :smile:

Maybe it will change in the upcoming volume but so far I think no decent author would ever bother writing such a cliché and predictable character as Yen in the comic - it's funny​ :D

​Some pages with Yen from the latest issue - enjoy! ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom