Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that I'm able to differentiate between 99% and 100%. And the reason why it works is probably simple empathy. But maybe I'm stuck with 99% and never got to full 100, at least no in the way you see it. I can only say that no game ever brought me to a more impactful "moment" than some good books or movies were able to do. Moments of pure joy, pure emotions, pure "feeling". Like I've said, maybe we're differently wired. Empathy works differently for different people.

Hm, I think Witcher 1 and 2 are quite ok how they are. Not much needed to improve those. Witcher 3 on the other hand, well that's another story. A lot of holes to fill. But no matter how many holes you fill there will still remain a systemic flaw for me. But of course, every possible improvement would still be highly appreciated.

Fair enough for you. Makes sense.

As for Witcher 1 and 2... man please, they are attacking me at night these plotholes :( !
Improving the situation would be helpful for my health :D :D !!!

Unfortunately or not, but looks like the majority of our...movement is too sane. We are acting too calmly and evenly. For devs it seems that we are satisfied and just having a conversation here, nothing more.
While our "friends" are going to scream, sink the ships and kindle the bonfires for get what they want.

I'm not trying to incite us to mad actions too. It just how it looks for me.
I'm actually pretty satisfied with Yen in TW3, both as a character and a love interest. The romance could have used a bit more exposition towards the end of the game, but otherwise I think it's decent enough as is.

Can I give the enchanted people that are trapped in crystals to Yen? Dialogue seems to suggest I could...
Yet I cant :(

Not to my knowledge. You can only give them to Triss in Novigrad (either before Now or Never in Act 1 or towards the very end in Act 3 before you sail to Skellige).

Not to my knowledge. You can only give them to Triss in Novigrad (either before Now or Never in Act 1 or towards the very end in Act 3 before you sail to Skellige).

Another missed opportunity. When Geralt picked them up he said he would give them to Triss, but since she is unavailable (was before KM) he would ask Yen.

One thing for sure for all our rambling & frustration the person foremost responsible is none other than Andrzej Sapkowski. The reason why feel so unsatisfied with witcher 3 is because we specially those who have read the book envisioned the game series to some extent as the long sought sequel that AS probably never gonna pen down. As a result Witcher 3 as a game though shines brilliantly in an era heavily infested by COD like, mundane games, failed to satisfy our desires.

The game definitely has its flaws as being perfect is a journey not the end. And CDPR obviously listens to & care for our rambling which is evident by the latest patch details. The funny thing is while only a handful of us discussing sharing their views, opnion, experience while playing the game others are still busy mumbling about Graphics Downgrade( Seriously ??!! ). Most of them does not care for the story or the narrative, unlike us who are heavily invested in the narrative above all else.

CDPR had to deviate & create their own backstory to narrate some details and that is fine as long as you stay coherent to your previous installment but unfortunately while trying to be please the book raeders, instead of writing their own script they went to borrow some material directly from the books and in the process created plot holes that has kept bugging us, the book readers. and I am doubtful changing some dialog option though may shift the scenario but won't be enough to resolve the problem.

Last edited:
I'm actually pretty satisfied with Yen in TW3, both as a character and a love interest. The romance could have used a bit more exposition towards the end of the game, but otherwise I think it's decent enough as is.

I'm satisfied with some moments too but only because I know the whole background.
For the witcher newbies it's kinda werid: new character with no real narrated story. Just "the first and the only one".
Nothing about Yen+Ciri mother+daughter relationship.
Nothing about how stong Geralt+Yen love was. (only the ironic references about the last wish, dragon hunt and Thanned banquet)
The beginners have nothing to get the character without background and it breaks perception of the whole picture.

So honestly we even have more reasons to be unsatisfied than trissfans.

Last edited:
Geralt and Yen as a Wolf and Raven ;D

Poor Yen... an of top of that Ravens only works for The Crones... She's bad, evil... horrible... What were you thinking CDPR when you add all those little details? No one of all yhou realized what kind of protrait were the whole doing of Yennefer, the Geralt's one loved (this, after your own words)?

Poor Yen... an of top of that Ravens only works for The Crones... She's bad, evil... horrible... What were you thinking CDPR when you add all those little details? No one of all yhou realized what kind of protrait were the whole doing of Yennefer, the Geralt's one loved (this, after your own words)?

These birds are with her all the time:

She's the Devil :devil:

I agree.They made Triss too sweet in TW3.All her horrible deeds from the books were completely forgotten about.Even her taking advantage of Geralt's amnesia was treated as a joke.

That's how triss looks and presented in the entire game....

Nothing bad about her is shown not even mentioned......She's Perfect....
And if Yennefer Farts in the wrong direction, she maybe kill innocent people with it ...........

To be honest i kinda feel like this topic/issue here is gonna be neglected in the long run despite its activity, since everywhere a RED is watching or even responding except here.

This is the last game of Geralt, but only the first game with Yennefer and Ciri despite their history with 8 books(!), yet it feels like everybody is just concerned about how to fix the romance with Triss and what do the others get? Nothing? Do we also get improvements? Changes? More content? Responses? Any kind of reaction?

What about those who are way more interested in the politics and less in the ladies? I met a lot of people here in the last two years, who doesn't care at all about the women in the game. They also have huge problems with the game, but it looks like many people are solely interested in Triss than anything else from the game, like that's the only thing that matters.

Why did nobody start a petition, when Triss was missing 2/3 of the game in Witcher 2? After act 1 she was gone until the very end of the game, maybe there was no need to do so, because there was no competition for her, Shani was gone and Yennefer still missing, how is that fair?

Also people act like the game despite the relationship to Triss in such a bad light, it didn't at all, if you ask me. I even wished they would have shown more of the bad side than just her angel side again, but some people even deny that she has done anything wrong like ever. Even exploiting Geralt's amnesia is considered harmless and cute by some people, even by the game itself! Like it's not a big deal, but it should be a huge deal.

If i look around it looks like Triss had even gained quite a lot of fans despite all those so called issues in the game, how is that even possible then? People are blaming the game for favouring Yennefer, but polls and community activites show that it is indeed 50:50.

At the same time people criticize that Yennefer gets so much more screen time despite missing for 2 full games, how is that fair?

Yennefer does get nothing positive from anyone anywhere anytime in the game, everywhere she only gets criticized, blamed and insulted, how is that fair for her? She never had any evil intention or ulteriors motives.
A character many people love gets endless criticized not only in the game, but also here in the forums.

We here are already trying to clear up misunderstandings about her, but for many it's easier to just see the devil in her just like many do in the game.

The whole game depicts her in such a bad light, but most people here in this thread don't care about that, because they know better and they are just happy that they can finally see her in the last game. Our expectations were so low that we were already happy about that, about her sheer appearance.

There are problems with Triss' integrity, yes, but just like with everything/one else, yet everybody treats her like the special snowflake that needs the most attention now and i am sitting here, already happy to just finally see Geralt, Ciri and Yennefer together as a family (for like 5 minutes of 100 hours gametime) after such a long time and almost get the feeling that i have to be sorry about that small enjoyment. That is just not fair.

I like Triss just like almost everybody here, if i didn't know Yennefer, maybe i would even go for her, but i think this unequal treatment in the previous 2 games and now the special treating is just unfair, not for me, because i can live with that, because i know it better than the game depicts it, but it's unfair for Yen's character.

If there is such a TeamYen at CDPR, i kinda feel like they were the most quiet ones so far. Having more guns, but aren't allowed to use them

Again, a very solid post. Well spoken.
Just :like:

Last edited:
Poor Yen... an of top of that Ravens only works for The Crones... She's bad, evil... horrible...
I try to collect all the conversations between Triss-Geralt and Yen-Geralt, and compare those which woman treated him with such disrespect.

Bad... Stongh and independent woman = Evil sorceress... No, CDPr.
in Thw Witcher World nothing is white or black, don't yu remember? aaaaah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom