Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you like the Witcher games. Love them even. Bought them and like CDPR and the lore and characters.

Then you have no excuse for NOT reading the books. Especially when there are free translations out there.

There is no other way to see it IMHO :(

Of coarse the reverse is true too.

True. Just bought mine. Will be waiting a few weeks for delivery

The game is so much better if you have the knowledge from the books.

Better and worse...

Better because you have much more information and context and proably a higher emotional attachment to some characters.

Worse because you realize all the unnecessary and most often bad changes to the lore, a ton of unused potential and just Sapkowski's narrative superiority

Knowing more isn't always only a good thing. ;)

An evil Horse attacks her in the first cutscene, triss runs to her and yennefer dies in her arms...
After that incredible awesome and sad moment triss wipes away her tears, and will keep her promise she gave to yennefer, to find ciri

Bingo.

Triss *holds dying Yen in her arms* : My dear friend...don't worry...I will take care of Geralt..always..you can now die in peace

<scene ends>

Better and worse...

Better because you have much more information and context and proably a higher emotional attachment to some characters.

Worse because you realize all the unnecessary and most often bad changes to the lore, a ton of unused potential and just Sapkowski's narrative superiority

Knowing more isn't always only a good thing. ;)

KNOWLEDGE EST FUERZA!!!!!11!!!

To be fair you are correct. But the positives FAAAR outweigh the negatives IMHO :) !

And some of those Charcharo-ruining problems with the lore can be fixed... *twitches*... I hope...

I just want to

KNOWLEDGE EST FUERZA!!!!!11!!!

To be fair you are correct. But the positives FAAAR outweigh the negatives IMHO :) !

And some of those Charcharo-ruining problems with the lore can be fixed... *twitches*... I hope...

I don't know. It's actually impossible to compare the situations. You either know the books before playing or not. I guess you can be very happy in both situations - and also kind of disappointed in both. Though I feel that people who have MORE knowledge on the topic complain more than the newcomers. For them it's often "just a game" that is better than it's competition. For book lovers instead, it's the (non-canon) continuation of a great narrative experience. Different point of view and very likely different level of expectations... ;)

Edit: You guys are still on that Yen vs Triss bs? Kindergarden very much...

ok guys watch the panel - Konrad is talking about books and THE MOST IMPORTANT question Triss or Yennefer was answered in the 28:13 min.
http://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/?id=228924&sid=5f3ea9bf0f865a7c35784016b297d637

Random guy: It will be quick question: Triss or Yennefer

Konrad: For me IT WILL BE ALWAYS Yennefer

Yes, that's the most important part.
So, no worries folks!
Hope to get some additional stuff with Yen as well. It would be cool

---------- Updated at 07:35 PM ----------

Yep, heard it...but if the bosses say....nope...than nope...

But...he's the boss :D

ok guys watch the panel - Konrad is talking about books and THE MOST IMPORTANT question Triss or Yennefer was answered in the 28:13 min.
http://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/?id=228924&sid=5f3ea9bf0f865a7c35784016b297d637

Random guy: It will be quick question: Triss or Yennefer

Konrad: For me IT WILL BE ALWAYS Yennefer - SHE IS STRONGER CHARACTER

hell yeah Konrad!!!!

HELL YEAAAAAHHHH.

That's the question I posted a few days ago. This took place 2 weeks ago in Barcelona :D

I don't know. It's actually impossible to compare the situations. You either know the books before playing or not. I guess you can be very happy in both situations - and also kind of disappointed in both. Though I feel that people who have MORE knowledge on the topic complain more than the newcomers. For them it's often "just a game" that is better than it's competition. For book lovers instead, it's the (non-canon) continuation of a great narrative experience. Different point of view and very likely different level of expectations... ;)

Edit: You guys are still on that Yen vs Triss bs? Kindergarden very much...

I read the books a long time before the games existed :p :p

I did re-read them in 2013 though.

We do complain more. And with good reason. Does not mean we dont love the games though.
I see games as the 8th art form. That type of logic you described makes me sad both for literature and gaming :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom