Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! So now you can safely say that you smelt like Yennefer

---------- Updated at 12:27 PM ----------

Booty?

Don't judge me, i am just a man, it's my nature, i can't fight it ;)

Too bad there are not more scenes of Yen ranting and cursing the shit out something like that megascope.

That would probably melt that "Ice Queen" gimmick she seemingly somehow obtained.

@CatchTheBreeze, I agree with each paragraph. That's why I'm really more interested in evolving of some Yen-Triss interactions about their friendship and Triss' moral conditions (no, @Zyvik, your gif-limit for today is exceeded :D) rather than Triss-Geralt ones in the first place. Hell, even Keira-Triss, Philippa-Triss could be suitable for that

@CatchTheBreeze, I agree with each paragraph. That's why I'm really more interested in evolving of some Yen-Triss interactions about their friendship and Triss' moral conditions (no, @Zyvik, your gif-limit for today is exceeded :D) rather than Triss-Geralt ones in the first place. Hell, even Keira-Triss, Philippa-Triss could be suitable for that

Philippa and Triss...Mmm :sweat:

Im almost done with my first play through im waiting for the new patch to release. But im i able to save this play through and start my 2nd play through with out anything happening to the first? Cause i feel i have screwed up really bad in the game cause... Yes i picked triss in my first play through. Yeah bash me all you wan't i'll agree with you haha. But ive come to find out Yenn and Geralt interact more in the game, do things that couples do how they act towards each other as i have seen in other walkthroughs on YouTube etc. but not in my play through man is Yenn pissed at me haha thats why i want to create a new game but also save my 1st game cause come on its a long game lol id hate to have to delete it.

Last edited:
Im almost done with my first play through im waiting for the new patch to release. But im i able to save this play through and start my 2nd play through with out anything happening to the first? Cause i feel i have screwed up really bad in the game cause... Yes i picked triss in my first play through. Yeah bash me all you wan't i'll agree with you haha. But ive come to find out Yenn and Geralt interact more in the game, do things that couples do how they act towards each other as i have seen in other walkthroughs on YouTube etc. but not in my play through man is Yenn pissed at me

no worries, you'll choose yen in your second (best) playthrough :D

I plan to haha, but dont want to delete my 1st play through cause i mean thats a lot of time just deleted lol

If you play on PC, just backup your savegame files somewhere else and then pick one savegame, where you want to start over.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 118
In 'The Lady of the Lake' it was hinted that events in Rivia have become a turning point for her, that she had defeated her insecurity. But nope, in TW2, and hell a lot more and worse, in TW3 we could see that she's still deeply non-confident in her strength, freaking out in a ways that are not suitable for a powerful sorceress, and desperately looking the reliable shoulder by her side to help drown her fears. But it could be tied with book canon, 'cause that hinted changes in her personality may took many years, it's totally believable

So, newcomers, probably, don't see a big deal in that - it's a plausible reaction to events in Novigrad after all. But it's weird to see that you, fellow team-Yen-mates-which-are-in-majority-readers-with-experience, calling Triss 'Disney princess' with knowledge where these inner demons have led her in the past. I like how she is trying to redeem herself in her own eyes, and I respect her for that. She is trying to be 'saint', but it's a long road.

You're right and it's weird. Actually Triss is the much more "flawed" character in TW3. Why is that so? As you've said correctly, her primary internal conflict is about guilt and remorse. And she obviously fails the means to deal with it properly. She's still the insecure girl of the books which leads her doing some kind of "evasive actions" instead of truly tackling her inner demons. She fails to see that her problems cannot be solved by trying to safe the world or dying for some higher cause - it can only be solved by facing one's own guilt and accepting its consequences. As I've said before, CDPR denied her the chance for katharsis in Witcher 3, they denied her the chance for truly getting to terms with her past, overcoming her remorse and growing stronger as a person. There is no personal challenge she has to deal with, nobody challenge her although both Geralt and Yennfer should naturally do so, giving Triss the chance to either grow or fall completely. So she's not a Disney princess at all, she's pretty much a hunted person who's still looking for a place in life. And no matter how Geralt behaves in TW3, he can't change that because Triss herself never got things straightened out with herself. She never finally dealt with her guilt, she never showed Geralt her true dedication the way Yen already did. I can feel why some Triss fans are disappointed with her character in TW3. The biggest issue with her is not the lacking screen time but that she nearly doesn't grow at all as a character in TW3 (compared to TW2). It's kind of cruel that CDPR was so cruel to her...

Yennefer on the other hand, she's already gone through everything. She's already gone through katharsis. She already realized what's important to her. She's strong, upright, determined. She has got things straightened out with herself. She ultimately doesn't care what other people thinkg about her. She might come across arrogant that way, even vile. That might intimidate or irritate some people. But Geralt, he isn't afraid of strong women and he knows that Yen's motivations are pure and in line with his own. They both know that they care about the very same thing. That's what makes them stronger together. The problem with Yen is that a newcomer to the series doesn't necessarily know her histroy, her progress, her katharsis. A newcomer can't understand her relationship to Geralt and especially Ciri the way a longtime fan can. And that makes Yen looking more vile than she actually is. Instead of appearing confident and dedicated to a cause both Geralt and her shares she appears more vile and "bitchy". And yes, she is bitchy, but Geralt can deal with it. He's cynical, she's bitchy. It's part of their teasing game, part of the erotic tension between them. The problem for CDPR in TW3 is of course that Yennefer is a "fully grown" character already. There isn't much you can do with her that show's progress to what's she already done before. She can't get "better" in TW3 since as a literary character she's already fully developed.

It's really weird. When you compare both characters from a theoretical perspective Yen is the more developed, the more grown up character, a character who has already gone through extensive katharsis. Triss on the other hand, is pretty much CDPR's very own character, although she's of course based on book Triss. But compared to Yen or of course Geralt she had way less space to develop in the books. Except her possible (hardly developed) kathartic moment at the very end of the book she's still pretty much an blank page before Witcher 1. And she's become CDPR's biggest "own" character during TW2. That they denied this character true closure in Witcher 3, the end of their triology, is both cruel and weird. It's cruel to the character and cruel to her fans.And it's weird because one would think that giving depth to one of their "own" biggest characters was on their list of top priorities in a game like that, being able to truly demonstrate their very own character design and writing skills (instead of merely building on the strong foundations of one guy called Sapkowski...)

Last edited:
You're right and it's weird. Actually Triss is the much more flawed character in TW3.Why is that so? As you've said correctly, her primary internal conflict is guild and remorse. And she obviously fails the means to deal with it properly. She's still the insecure girl of the books which leads her doing some kind of "evasive actions" instead of truly tackling her inner demons. She fails to see that her problems cannot be solved by trying to safe the world or dying for some higher cause - it can only be solved by facing one's own guilt and accepting its consequences. As I've said before, CDPR denied her the chance for katharsis in Witcher 3, they denied her the chance for truly getting to terms with her past, overcoming her remorse and growing stronger as a person. There is no personal challenge she has to deal with, nobody challenge her although both Geralt and Yennfer should naturally do so, giving Triss the chance to either grow or fall completely. So she's not a Disney princess at all, she's pretty much a hunted person who's still looking for a place in life. And no matter how Geralt behaves in TW3, he can't change that because Triss herself never got things straightened out with herself. She never finally dealt with her guilt, she never showed Geralt her true dedication the way Yen already did. I can feel why some Triss fans are disappointed with her character in TW3. The biggest issue with her is not the lacking screen time but that she nearly doesn't grow at all as a character in TW3 (compared to TW2). It's kind of cruel that CDPR was so cruel to her...

Yennefer on the other hand, she's already gone through everything. She's already went through katharsis. She already realized what's important to her. She's strong, upright, determined. She has got things straightened out with herself. She ultimately doesn't care what other people thinkg about her. She might come across arrogant that way, even vile. That might intimidate or irritate some people. But Geralt, he isn't afraid of strong women and he knows that Yen's motivations are pure and in line with his own. They both know that they care about the very same thing. That's what makes them stronger together. The problem with Yen is that a newcomer to the series doesn't necessarily know her histroy, her progress, her katharsis. A newcomer can't understand her relationship to Geralt and especially Ciri the way a longtime fan can. And that makes Yen looking more vile than she actually is. Instead of appearing confident and dedicated to a cause both Geralt and her shares she appears more vile and "bitchy". And yes, she is bitchy, but Geralt can deal with it. He's cynical, she's bitchy. It's part of their teasing game, part of the erotic tension between them. The problem for CDPR in TW3 is of course that Yennefer is a "fully grown" character already. There isn't much you can do with her that show's progress to what's she already done before. She can't get "better" in TW3 since as a literary character she's already fully developed.

It's really weird. When you compare both characters from a theoretical perspective Yen is the more developed, the more grown up character, a character who has already gone through extensive katharsis. Triss on the other hand, is pretty much CDPR's very own character, although she's of course based on book Triss. But compared to Yen or of course Geralt she had way less space to develop in the books. Except her possible (hardly developed) kathartic moment at the very end of the book she's still pretty much an blank page before Witcher 1. And she's become CDPR's biggest "own" character during TW2. That they denied this character true closure in Witcher 3, the end of their triology, is both cruel and weird. It's cruel to the charcters and cruel to her fans.And it's weird because one would think that giving depth to one of your "own" biggest characters was on of your top priorities in a game like that, truly showing of character design skills (instead of just building on the ones of one guy called Sapkowski...)

Agree with every word.We(Yen fans)like to complain that not all sides of Yen's character were shown in the game,but for Triss it was much worse.And not just in TW3.
In TW1 she was almost completely OOC.She spent half of TW2 being captured and her taking advantage of Geralt's amnesia was never discussed.And now we have TW3 in which all her previous questionable actions are totally ignored.

Don't get why people don't like Yen in the game. I thought she was awesome. How she reacted to Geralt being a goof or flattering her was always exactly what I hoped she would do. She did hide information from him and others until the moment before she was going to act, but her intentions always ended up pure (for those she cared about that is. Sometimes it came at the cost of something/someone else). And how she decides to run away with Geralt at the end and give up power and politics was the icing on the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom