Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
yupp... it's a good place to learn about yen's lore and some other stuff.... i havent finished the game yet but i'm romancing yennefer in my current play and i've learned a lot from this topic
Yes, this. From when I've joined this thread I've learned a lot about Yen's relationships with other people aside from Geralt and Ciri, plus I was directed towards the books, which are very interesting.

Maybe we go off topic often and talk about Triss and complain about the Triss Thread (this isn't something I enjoy seeing but eh) but otherwise, it's been very informative for me.

You don't honestly expect me to PM everyone in here to get my question answer do you?

Ok to stay on topic, I just wanted to say I like Yennerfer a lot. Not as Geralt LI just as his sex partner. It's just hard to call an on and off, relationship love. IMO don't decapitate me for it, read the books too just my conclusion.

Now my question. They are honest questions that can only be answered in here unfortunately.

i havent read all the books yet... i think the on and off thing... all the arguments and violence in that relationship caused it to collapse.... ciri held it together and triss stepped out of the picture... because she felt that it was the right thing to do... she didnt want to lie and say she can help while she cant.... i respect her a lot for that.... i respect yennefer for trying to help ciri too, i don't think she ever helped geralt the way she should have....

---------- Updated at 03:37 AM ----------

Yes, this. From when I've joined this thread I've learned a lot about Yen's relationships with other people aside from Geralt and Ciri, plus I was directed towards the books, which are very interesting.

Maybe we go off topic often and talk about Triss and complain about the Triss Thread (this isn't something I enjoy seeing but eh) but otherwise, it's been very informative for me.

i feel the same way... i dont get upset when people discuss triss... i get upset when people see things from one point of view and refuse to see it from another... but i found alot of useful stuff in here... i try not to get bothered by other people povs about triss... obviously validating yennefer is the thing you expect yennefer lovers to do out of support to their favorite character...

i like yennefer and i support her as a good friend of geralts and a very nice person

A lot of people feel the same way, that doesn't make Yennefer a bad person or a character as you said, it just makes her one of his best friends and we all support that, however, I think that their relationship was held together by some mischief which was casted by a Gene long ago and I love the way CDPR allowed us to walk away from this and finally close that door after all of those years.

I don't get it. I had a simple question and it's unreasonable to expect me to PM everyone in here looking for an answer. That is why I place the question in the forum.

Everyone is free to think about Triss or Yen however they want. For years I wonder what could have been, should have been with Geralt and Triss. I even created it with my imagination and finally we are presented with an amazing work where we get to see it play out. Yen is an amazing character with so much depth but IMO not the right person for Geralt even if she fills the mother role to Ciri.

Now my original question still stands.

Why does a forum label Yennerfer of Vengerberg have so much discusion about whats going on in theTriss forum.

And

After reading some of the post in here, I have to ask. Why do people keep visiting that forum if they think the discussion is so irritating and lacking?

I don't get it. I had a simple question and it's unreasonable to expect me to PM everyone in here looking for an answer. That is why I place the question in the forum.
No one said to PM everyone. Possibly one person's answer would be a good enough result for you? :)

And I agree with everyone here. Yennefer is amazing. All the love from even Triss fans goes to show how incredibly great she is. :)

Well, can't really blame a guy for trying to start a new life, far from his old disturbing one, where he never found comfort, peace or happiness.

I agree, it's boring, it started with insults and it ends with illogical conclusions.

Mhm...so...on Malus island they had a "disturbing" life in hell in miniature I guess. Then Wild Hunt tried to save him by capturing Yennefer but silly witcher was mindcontrolled by djinn's spell. Thank you, now I can see the truth.

But I don't think that life full of "comfort, peace or happiness" is more possible with a woman who has massive mental trauma, a woman you don't really know what's in her head. If pig in a poke is more peaceful than life with a woman you know the best for many years then Radovid is the most liberal ruler of the north. Ever. Imo ofc.

Scholdarr.452 said:
If Geralt is in a relationship with Triss she never sails to Kovir but stays with Geralt in Novigrad with him telling her that she should travel to Kaer Morhen. If that's the case Yen doesn't invite/contact her, of course.

I don't think we need to discuss this in the Yen thread. Triss, her romance and path have already been picked up by CDPR.

Scholdarr.452 said:
The conflict between them has a short "break out" in this scene because it's the very first scene in which all of them three are together since Geralt got his memory back. It's the first "threesome scene" and in real life such a constellation of people would almost naturally lead to some sort of conflict, even if the matter was discussed in pairs before. Being all together (and alone!) is a whole different situation with another emotional impact on people imo.

This is completely subjective and not in sync with the tone and characters mannerisms Sapkowski and CDPR have put in place.
Yen of all people knows when and how to pick her fights and deliver verbal jabs.

I'm glad other people are against highschool sitcom drama as well. Yen Triss confrontation is just a small elements that should be put in place, not the focal point.

Yen Ciri and Yen Ciri Geralt should take a higher priority. I'll try to think of something constructive on this.

Everyone is free to think about Triss or Yen however they want. For years I wonder what could have been, should have been with Geralt and Triss. I even created it with my imagination and finally we are presented with an amazing work where we get to see it play out. Yen is an amazing character with so much depth but IMO not the right person for Geralt even if she fills the mother role to Ciri.

I absolutely agree with you, I admire CDPR for allowing us to have that opportunity to play this wonderful game and be able to experience it the way we have, the way they introduced all characters were amazing, I think their introduction of Yen in The Witcher 3 is absolutely valid and flawless, I've talked to some people who seemed upset about it, I think the romance with Yen is good and have a lot of strong points.

Why does a forum label Yennerfer of Vengerberg have so much discusion about whats going on in theTriss forum.

I'm not sure, I've been reading through the posts and I see a lot of quotes from our topic, obviously discussions that wasn't meant to harm anyone, I think some of the people in here are concerned that fixing the inconsistencies or trying to equalize between Yennefer and Triss would end up harming Yennefer somehow, i don't think that's the case or that's what's going on though.

Mhm...so...on Malus island they had a "disturbing" life in hell in miniature I guess. Then Wild Hunt tried to save him by capturing Yennefer but silly witcher was mindcontrolled by djinn's spell. Thank you, now I can see the truth.

No, It's hard to have any other life but normal when you're with a woman on an island alone "not unless there is something very wrong with this woman or man", I think you fail to see the point of the plot when it comes to The Witcher games, The Wild Hunt captured her to try to get to Ciri and Geralt so nobly sacrificed his soul to save hers, obviously he did this because of his noble character, not because the Gene's spell, he would do that to anyone that he sees as a friend, he was always a good friend and he defended his friends furiously whenever someone tries to harm them.

I think that his relationship with Yennefer was based on that spell, think about it with me for a second, the way they keep splitting up over and over, on and off all the time, having fights, so much hatred going on between them more than love, it's obvious that the only thing that kept them together was that Gene's spell.

But I don't think that life full of "comfort, peace or happiness" is more possible with a woman who has massive mental trauma, a woman you don't really know what's in her head. If pig in a poke is more peaceful than life with a woman you know the best for many years then Radovid is the most liberal ruler of the north. Ever. Imo ofc.

Yennefer lost her memory same as Geralt and no one blames her for getting The Witchers of the School of the Viper into troubles or trying to seduce Aucks, no one is perfect, again, she didn't have her memories, I was a bit upset that she only tried to find Geralt knowing that he was looking for her for 6 months only when she failed to find Ciri on her own, part of me is glad that she didn't, because I think that would have lead to Ciri being captured and delivered into the Emperors hands without Geralt even knowing about it.

I'm not sure, I've been reading through the posts and I see a lot of quotes from our topic, obviously discussions that wasn't meant to harm anyone, I think some of the people in here are concerned that fixing the inconsistencies or trying to equalize between Yennefer and Triss would end up harming Yennefer somehow, i don't think that's the case or that's what's going on though.

I doubt and hope the dev don't do something like that. I don't see Yen as Geralt LI but I don't want to get short change either.

And

After reading some of the post in here, I have to ask. Why do people keep visiting that forum if they think the discussion is so irritating and lacking?
I'm not entirely sure myself, but part of it comes from the animosity between Triss and Yen fans, and how some Triss fans are treated when they enter this thread and vice versa (though I am aware people have tried to sway you guys using the books, so no need to bring it up)

I honestly do not know why people go to the Triss thread after they complain about it.

Can we get back on topic now?

I think that his relationship with Yennefer was based on that spell, think about it with me for a second, the way they keep splitting up over and over, on and off all the time, having fights, so much hatred going on between them more than love, it's obvious that the only thing that kept them together was that Gene's spell.

I think A Shard of Ice blows that out of the water. The point of the story is Geralt and Yennefer try to drive away people who love them and the reason they fight is because both of them have difficulty accepting anyone could love them.

They come back together not because of a Djinn's spell but because they love each other.

Now my original question still stands.

And

Hmm and why not to talk about Triss and suggestions made by Triss fans if those suggestion are about Yennefer?

I guess this isn't forbidden anywhere to talk about different opinions.. On the Triss topic there are a lot of talking about Yennefer and Yen's fans too - I've read some comment that Yen fans are dull...why is that?

But I agree with you...I did a mistake too - I've posted the suggestions from the Triss topic here and I won't do that anymore.

Let's just talk about our fav characters in the respective topics and don't start the wars and hate there...:)

Many people support Triss here - and I'm looking forward about the tweaks and new dialogs for her romance.

Have a nice day.

PEACE!

Last edited:
I doubt and hope the dev don't do something like that. I don't see Yen as Geralt LI but I don't want to get short change either.

CDPR developers are awesome, they always try to aim for equality above all and that's what I admire the most about them, this is why I don't think that anyone will be removing Yennefer's content, they're just simply giving replacement to those who chose a different romance option.

Guys, it's really wrong thread for dicussions about "What/Why did someone say?". I don't care about Triss, I don't care about Triss thread so I don't need to visit it. And don't want to see the debates about it you can find at every social network in TheWitcher communities.

If you don't want to discuss about Yennefer, Yennefer-Geralt, Yennefer-Ciri or something close to the topic - you better leave this thread.

Best wishes.

I think A Shard of Ice blows that out of the water. The point of the story is Geralt and Yennefer try to drive away people who love them and the reason they fight is because both of them have difficulty accepting anyone could love them.

They come back together not because of a Djinn's spell but because they love each other.

Isn't that the story where Yennefer slept with Istredd?

Yennefer lost her memory same as Geralt and no one blames her for getting The Witchers of the School of the Viper into troubles or trying to seduce Aucks, no one is perfect, again, she didn't have her memories, I was a bit upset that she only tried to find Geralt knowing that he was looking for her for 6 months only when she failed to find Ciri on her own, part of me is glad that she didn't, because I think that would have lead to Ciri being captured and delivered into the Emperors hands without Geralt even knowing about it.

She recovered her memories with the help of mages and after she did she never tried to locate Geralt until she was unsuccessful. She is snug with Nilfgaard. During their first meeting she didn't seem like someone happy to see her long lost lover. The excuse that Geralt and Triss make a good couple is sad IMO. She would have never tried to locate Geralt if she had been succesful in locating Ciri.

Only reason why she is so snug with the Nilfgaardian is because if Ciri become Empress she could have a pretty good spot as advisor. That's being power hungry if you ask me.
Give me a break the man is a Witcher and you concern about blood on him. He probably smell like grave hag I'm sure a little human blood don't compare.

I need answer from anyone willing to answer. Can not ask just one person because the answer will be from a single prospective. I want to get a sense of what everyone think.
I don't understand why it's such a big deal to you. Why not just shrug it off? Next time you're lurking and someone brings it up first, ask them why. If it gets to you that bad, it's probably not a great idea to lurk in here. I don't go to the Triss thread at all. Does everyone there completely ignore Yennefer fans comments and threads there? If so, that's a great example to make. :)

Also I won't go that far and say amazingly great but I don't want to offend anyone. In reality I think Yennerfer is controlling, power hungry, cold, vindictive, secretive, trust no one but herself and treats Geralt more like a walking dildo than an equal partner. Nothing wrong with those traits so I guess you can say she's amazing. I will say she's ok not my kind of amazing I was simply trying to be nice towards people feeling in here.
I disagree with your analysis of her character. :)

She's not a bad character, what I meant when I said she's an amazing character with depth is that the author took the time to really bring out her character and CDPR did a good job to capture that. She is not what I would call incredibly amazing. IMO.
Not sure I understand your point of view of what the author wrote concerning her character when "power hungry, cold, vindictive, trust no one but herself and treats Geralt more like a walking dildo than an equal partner" is not at all how she is in the books. "Controlling and secretive" I could probably give the benefit of the doubt in some instances. She has her flaws and so do the others. Besides, Geralt isn't at all what I'd look for in a perfect lover. :p

I'd even say Triss is closer to Yennefer in the "treats Geralt more like a walking dildo than an equal partner" department when it comes to the books but that's just my opinion. :p

I think Geralt should be present when triss and yen have their argument since it's about him and obviously so we can see it. Yens clearly angry about it like what she does with the bed and how she speaks when you go back to kear morhen so it would be nice if she can talk to Geralt and triss about it.

yupp.... ty ty for pointing that out... she was angry enough to throw geralt into a portal which could have harmed him... i dont like what happened and i think there has to be more to it... the kiss after made it worse, the embrace after the battle made it a lot worse and we cant do too much about it.... it would be nice to see them talk about it...

I'm not in support of a confrontation between Yennefer and Triss. At least not in the open in front of people. They're grown, mature women and it isn't the time or the place (if it was Kaer Morhen) and it would only lower them to jealous teen girl standards if they caused a scene in front of everyone, especially Ciri, over something so stupid in the grand scheme of things. It's a matter of respect.

By themselves in private though? Sure, go ahead. Just don't be selfish enough to make it awkward for everyone.
Exactly my point, and I already postet it some time ago.
I don't think we really need an open confrontation between Triss an Yen.
When Geralt arrives in Kaer Morhen with Ciri, and Triss is there (invited by Yen (or Geralt doesn't matter)), so they had some time to talk about the issue. Neither Yennefer nor Triss are the focus of the game, so it's not necassary to show a dialog between them.
The problem is, that the game completely ignores the Yen/Triss problem, which is like the complete opposite.

The best way imho would be when Geralt can talk with Yennefer or Triss (depending on your choice), about the topic and clear things up.
Maybe add some non-player dialog between the two women (you know like when towns people talk to each other when you walk past them).

Am I to assume that because someone is not a book readers their opinion holds little weight regarding the games or does that only apply when their opinion differs in some way from yours?
I always dislike it, when people wave that "opinion argument" like a shield. There are two kinds of opinions:
Ignorant Opinions and Informed Opinions. I am not sure if I really have to give a definition of those, seems pretty self-explanatory to me, but to say it in Harlan Ellisons words: 'You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.'

Having a discussion does not mean that everyone is agreeing with everything. Sometimes a discussion stays unresolved, because neither party can bring up decisive arguments. This can make a discussion difficult or irritating, but that doens't mean you should just turn your back on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom