Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please @Kallelinski take a closer look at her posts when you got some time to waste, I think I saw at least three gifs that should be included in the original post.

Problem is i kinda maxed out everything in the first post, you can't post more than 50 images in one post, so if i want to include new ones, i have to remove old ones :(, and so far i haven't figured out how to solve that problem easily. Even if i make something outside of the forum and link to it, it wouldn't really be in the first post anymore.
When someone clicks on this thread, s/he should be able to see the content immediately and not by going somewhere else or downloading something first. That's also why i wanted to show excerpts from comments than just link to them.

I would also rather quote it than just post the image, to give some creds to those posting it, but the character limit of 40,000 is also restricting.

If i could, i would list probably 500 images and quote at least five times as many comments, showing different opinions by different people. I went through almost all pages back then, just to reduce the amount of content to probably a quarter than i have intended to.

If someone has an idea, i am open for suggestions :)

This is why Geralt could realistically never be with Triss. It would destroy him, Triss, Ciri and Yennefer. I don't think he would willingly hurt his family. Breaking hearts of his wife and daughter is one thing, but breaking his own and Triss in the process is why the choice can never be rational for me. He will never be able to stop thinking about Yen, it would require another amnesia and for him to become a completely different person (just like Trissefer tryhard cosplay in TW1). I don't think he could ever make Triss happy, how could a man who loves somebody else make you happy? Geralt doesn't understand Triss nor does Triss understand him, her still loving him and willing to give up everything for him despite knowing that he will never be able to return it proves it. The whole Geralt and Triss concept in the games strongly reminds me of any Rosamunde Pilcher movie plot with Triss playing the woman who he could never be with because his heart beats for somebody else. You know, when they test a man and his faithfulness - can this woman ruin his family and take him away from his wife and daughter? Will he resist or will he not? I hate it. I still like Triss because of how sad it is.

Just recently @bichitogamer mentioned this fan fiction here. As i said back then, i am normally not such a huge fan of fan fiction in general, because it's most of the time not really comparable to the original work and it's intention is in most cases the romance stuff, but in this short one here, part 1 and part 2, which i read it yesterday, i am really surprised that this short one actually tried to deal more with the emerging issues with Triss than the whole game series did. It's really not long, maybe 10 minutes.

It's not anti-Triss per se, the writer only tries to deal with the issues, which came up with the amnesia and the relationship Geralt had with Triss instead of just brushing it under the carpet, as if it never really happened.

I haven't read the other one, which is rather long, but it was already refreshing to see how it could have worked out, if it was addressed by the game.

@Kallelinski easy solution then, make @0nakita her own spoiler full of content, she deserves it more than anyone else.
If character limit is an issue then simply put it into your second post on the first page and link it in the original post. Easy.

I think I'm not the only one who would deeply appreciate it so please take it into your consideration and try to make it work somehow if you would like to.
I'm not going to read any fan fiction... Sapkowski made it more than clear in his own story, why would we speculate? :D

CDPR didn't really know what they were going to do with Yennefer for the first two games and then tried to fix it in the last one which well.. failed miserably. Failed attempt for a canon into more failed attempts for canon into another failed attempt for canon oh my god please make it stop. 2007 Trissefer tryhard cosplay from TW1 brought to you by CDPR never forget.

Yennefer and her story is the only problem in Witcher games for me and always will be. It got to the point where it can't be fixed and I'm fine with it since I like everything else except Ciri. There wouldn't be a masterpiece if it wasn't for its flaws...

Last edited:
Just recently @bichitogamer mentioned this fan fiction here. As i said back then, i am normally not such a huge fan of fan fiction in general, because it's most of the time not really comparable to the original work and it's intention is in most cases the romance stuff, but in this short one here, part 1 and part 2, which i read it yesterday, i am really surprised that this short one actually tried to deal more with the emerging issues with Triss than the whole game series did. It's really not long, maybe 10 minutes.

I haven't read the other one, which is rather long, but it was already refreshing to see how it could have worked out, if it was addressed by the game.

I'm not a fan of fan-fictions either but I was really surprised with this one because it was written before TW3 was released and could be possibly a very very good continuation for us after TW2. I recommend you continue reading it, the first chapter is about Yennefer with amnesia being a prisoner of Emhyr.

Wasaabii28 said:
I'm not going to read any fan fiction... Sapkowski made it more than clear in his own story, why would we spectulate?

This fanfiction is not a continuation of Sapkowski's books but a continuation of The Witcher 2, it's like if the author had written his/her own The Witcher 3. Of course, you are free to read it, but If I were you, I'd give it a try. :D

---------------

EDIT:
I liked the depth and complexity of Yennefer given in the fanfiction more than in TW3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom