Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yen with brown hair will never be acceptable. I would never forgive cdpr for that ^^
Yen we have now is beautiful..in an elegant and sophisticated way. And that's the way she's supposed to be imo.

Some daily dose of art.. X

Uuh that's nice :) Thanks for posting - love these artworks of Yen showing up everyday - the popularity is growing :p

Posted several days ago in fan art thread, but Yennefer with curls is the only real Yennefer :D

That Yennefer is who I had in my mind while reading the books! Just perfect! <3

And for the game, I prefer the actual Yen rather than the old one, I think she looks mature and fits perfectly with the voice.

I always imagined her with curly hair as well but now I think that I might actually prefer wavy hair...;)) Like in the game version
I hate curly hair...bwahh.
I like long, open straight hair best, which is the reason why I somewhat dislike Ciris Hairstyle, I'm sure she has insanly good lokking hair, but you can't see it because of her hairknot. I guess it's easer to design, since Hairs are a pain in the ass to design, but still.
Yens wavy hairstyle is ok, I actually like it, but straight her would be better <3

Last edited:
>30 new pages after having not so much time to invest myself into here last week :smiling:

Do you think that Yen will be in the future DLC expansions? If there would be some romance DLC, would you buy it?

I hope so, but i would prefer something like a new Thanedd banquet than just a romance DLC. Something that actually fits into the world without being too cheesy, but with a worthy ending. I still hope they can implement the "Something ends, something begins" short story in one war or another ;)

But that idea about breathing new life into Kaer Morhen by Geralt and Yennefer afterwards was also quite nice.

oh! I want a "follow the scent of lilac and gooseberries", i mean seriously, you are following everything and their bad scent, but there is never the situation where you have to follow that scent? Please :)

I gave it to Yen actually. I dont know what Triss says and kinda forgot what Yen said

BTW, I want to ask you on those guide things, I want some Witcher world guide thing. Which one is that? I dont need the Prima Guide, but if that is only way to obtain Witcher world or grimoire book (with character bios and info) so be it.

I have both and i think the Grimoire isn't worth it for the little bits of more information, but i got it without paying more, so why not.

The World of The Witcher has much more information in general, while the Grimoire is just a tl;dr version of everything in my opinion. It's also quite funny that Dandelion asked Yennefer to comment on magic and religions of the continent, while being not such a fan of religion at all.

The following section was also authored by Yennefer of Vengerberg. Readers may possibly be surprised that the person analyzing religion has no personal connection to any of the numerous religious cults discussed here. I initially intended to ask the honorable priestess of Melitele, Mother Nenneke, to contribute, but after having thought it over I decided that the opinion of a person who is educated but not directly involved in spiritual matters will allow the whole section to remain more objective with regards to this delicate and often contentious subject. - Dandelion

I made 3 photos with bad light, so you can't read it, you know, copyright and that nonesense, but you can get a feel for how the whole book looks like, it's really really nice. Dandelion wrote the texts, so it's like reading his history book.

It's also quite big, as big as the official artbook.

it seems the text is taken directly from the game Encyclopedia though

Yeah, it is and i didn't really like that fact. You can already read most of the texts ingame.

I'm wondering if any of you gave the crystal to Yen and what did she say? Is there any video of this scene? I tried to search on youtube but couldn't find.

I will, when i get to that part, so far i have only recorded the dialogue with Triss:

Oh, someone else already posted it, i will do it anyway :)

"What about Yennefer and Triss?
"Yennefer's never belonged to the Lodge, and Triss... Well, we shall see. I must regain my vision. I can go to Novigrad then to see Arthur de Vleester. The word is Triss is also carousing about the city"

Interesting comment by Philippa :)

Oh yeah the feels...glad you are liking the fan art guys

Btw. just wondering - this pic from the official page - I guess it wasn't exactly like that in the game, right?
Wish I could see more scenes like these in the the game...

I think with the free camera mode you could achieve something like that.

Well, I've read all 46 pages and haven't seen anything about Yennefer and strange letters you can find in game. First one is from Vigo! And she is calling her a friend!!! I was really puzzled, and became worring that Yennefer didn't get her memory back or she was fooled by Nilfgard sorceres. And her strange behavior in the game was confirming my fears. Then I've found letter about djin... and again I was worried... it seems she didn't know why she was looking for him. She said like her obsession of djin is strange and she don't know why she kontinue to look for it. There is also a letter about Emgyr plans for lodge... and I think she is asking how she will handle consequences. There is nothing specific but I think Emgyr plan wasn't to free sorceress instead he was going to imprison them or worse and Yennefer didn't tell them truth. But I never learned what happend to them because I didn't killed Radovid. And there isn't any info about rest lodge after I finished game. So I have an impression that Yennefer has agreement with Emgyr but it's a bit different from what she is saying to lodge. What do you think about this? Also didn't you find strange that Fringila Vigo call Yennefer friend in that letter?

As for ingame image of Yennefer I see a quite a bit of bad decision from Reds. First of all it's Last Wish quest and whole djin thing. It's so wrong in many ways
also I find it's strange that she force Geralt to help lodge. After what they have done to Ciri and her I don't think she will ever help any of them apart from Triss. This is also a big mistake from Reds. Well, only if her true agreement with Emgyr inclune enslavement of all lodge then I can understand her motives. She just use lodge to rescue Ciri and then betrays them as they refuse to help her when she was asking (I mean from books).

Yennefer calling someone a "friend" is usually not as meant to be a "friend". In the books Geralt used the term "friend" for her and she was quite offended that she is "just a dear friend", in her letter to him she underlines the term friend several time.

Honestly, i wished to help the lodge much more...in my opinion they would be even better than those monarchs or at least not worse.

I've just discovered the voice actress for Yennefer in the game, excellent voice by the way, perfect for Yen. She's Denise Gough and here we can see her doing a voice performance for another game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBi60ZqYR5A

I knew it! i heard her voice already once, but i could never remember where. Played Divinity: Dragon Commander quite a while ago though.

Oh yeah - I'm fan of Yennefer for sooo long - imagine how excited I was when The Witcher 1 was announced - I was looking forward to see Yen, Geralt and Ciri again -and then I was like Geralt didn't even remember who Yennefer was until the end of The Witcher 2...

I read all books only after playing both games and it still felt like an eternity for me.

---

Damn, i can't comment to many posts, as it is so far into the past already, argh.

---

So, while i was absent i started my 2nd run and while doing so i thought, why not record the bits with Yennefer? or about her? Most videos are just about the romance parts or even just the sex or just short scenes like the wolfs jokes at the garden, but i intended to make complete videos of the whole quest and not just the "best parts". I was also interested in the different dialogue options, since you can most of the time only choose one and never see in what way the dialogue goes, if you had chosen the other one.

So i blended in other dialogue options, when they were quite interesting. While doing the quest with the Garden of Freya i realized that the dialogue even changes, depending on what you say or don't and even in which order. Maybe someone already mentioned it here and i overlooked or forgot it already again, but the changes were quite interesting, if you ask me.

I made 2 extra videos to show the other dialogue, as cutting everything together would just make the video more confusing. The relevant part in the above video is at 17:27 and 21:37.

You can click on the annotation or see the other relevent dialogue here:
and here

The ending of the quest is also quite different, depending on whether you tell her to go with her immediately or not.

Last edited:
and here

The ending of the quest is also quite different, depending on whether you tell her to go with her immediately or not.

Look at her..she's so emotionless about it..so cold.. <sarcasm>
No, but really. It's so like her to turn on her feet so Geralt (and others) cannot actually see that she's everything but emotionless in certain situations.

Yeah,he was pretty good.But his dark beard and eyebrows bothered me.A lot.

The fact that he had regular blue eyes during normal situations bothered me way more. For some reason he only has his golden cat eyes during combat, which is ridiculous and doesn't make any sense.

The fact that he had regular blue eyes during normal situations bothered me way more. For some reason he only has his golden cat eyes during combat, which is ridiculous and doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, that was hilarious. But come on...it was 2000 or something, it's not like fancy contacts were popular and easy to gain back then...:D

OMG HOW DID YOU GET THAT PONYTAIL? I wanted my Geralt to have that ponytail the whole time but I never saw the option for one at any of the barber shops!

---------- Updated at 11:23 PM ----------

Yeah, that was hilarious. But come on...it was 2000 or something, it's not like fancy contacts were popular and easy to gain back then...:D

But the DID have the contacts, he DID wear them during combat. So why didn't he wear them all the time? Would have looked a lot better than Geralt with regular blue eyes.

No, but really. It's so like her to turn on her feet so Geralt (and others) cannot actually see that she's everything but emotionless in certain situations.

She also turns quite often her face away, so Geralt can't see it. Showing emotion = weakness.

The polish tv series was o-kay, i considered it as "trash", which is sometimes nice to watch :)

OMG HOW DID YOU GET THAT PONYTAIL? I wanted my Geralt to have that ponytail the whole time but I never saw the option for one at any of the barber shops!

"Shaved except for a pony tail."

It's the only haircut i really like, also full beard, but trimming it down every 2-3 days ;D

"Shaved except for a pony tail."

It's the only haircut i really like, also full beard, but trimming it down every 2-3 days ;D

It's the viking haircut? (that's what I call it) I didn't realize that. For some reason in that cutscene it looked like a full ponytail without the shaven parts.

Bummer. I really wish we could get a full ponytail without the shaven sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom