Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the issue what ending Yennefer would approve, i would say none of them. Yennefer never liked that Geralt risks his life every day for some orens, why would she want the same for Ciri?
And Ciri becoming the Emperess? I just can't see how Yennefer would be happy about that either, but i also feel like the games handled Nilfgaard and emhyr quite different than the books did, so i think it is hard to say, whether that is a good thing or not.

I think the best decision was to offer Ciri being a full member of the original Lodge, being able to decide what happens next instead of being a toy in their hands. She was granted to be among equals and i think she would have accept the offer, if not a pitchfork changed everything.

I dont think it is anti-Yen.
Seems like it is celebrating that the player can finally jump and move easily in the world.
In W1 and W2 movement was more limited and you could not jump from a window. Hence the "I waited two games to do this". Else it would be "I waited 8 books to do this :D "

I believe you got the point. I did too as a matter of fact. Saw the strip, I thought "Aaaah! He can jump over obstacles....and break his puny legs..."

So, while i was absent i started my 2nd run and while doing so i thought, why not record the bits with Yennefer? or about her? Most videos are just about the romance parts or even just the sex or just short scenes like the wolfs jokes at the garden, but i intended to make complete videos of the whole quest and not just the "best parts". I was also interested in the different dialogue options, since you can most of the time only choose one and never see in what way the dialogue goes, if you had chosen the other one.

So i blended in other dialogue options, when they were quite interesting. While doing the quest with the Garden of Freya i realized that the dialogue even changes, depending on what you say or don't and even in which order. Maybe someone already mentioned it here and i overlooked or forgot it already again, but the changes were quite interesting, if you ask me.

I made 2 extra videos to show the other dialogue, as cutting everything together would just make the video more confusing. The relevant part in the above video is at 17:27 and 21:37.

You can click on the annotation or see the other relevent dialogue here:
and here

The ending of the quest is also quite different, depending on whether you tell her to go with her immediately or not.

Thank you for these videos - I really like the end of the first one - when she thanks Geralt and touch his face gently...

About the issue what ending Yennefer would approve, i would say none of them. Yennefer never liked that Geralt risks his life every day for some orens, why would she want the same for Ciri?
And Ciri becoming the Emperess? I just can't see how Yennefer would be happy about that either, but i also feel like the games handled Nilfgaard and emhyr quite different than the books did, so i think it is hard to say, whether that is a good thing or not.

I think the best decision was to offer Ciri being a full member of the original Lodge, being able to decide what happens next instead of being a toy in their hands. She was granted to be among equals and i think she would have accept the offer, if not a pitchfork changed everything.

I think one point the game does pretty well is to make Geralt (and us players to a certain extent) realize how independant and trustworthy Ciri has become. We left her in the books as a teenager who wasn't selfconfident (even though by the end of the saga she finally becomes strong enough to start taking decisions on her own). Yet during the last act of the game we're entitled to trust Ciri and just act as a watchful parent. And eventually we see Ciri as an adult.

As a mother Yennefer probably aknowledges that too, hence why I don't think she'd be over worried about Ciri being a Witcher (it's a different matter for the Emperess ending, since it's well known in this world that politics are far more dangerous than the next wyvern). The thing I like about the game is that Yennefer does grow up too. They did a pretty good job to make her react like her book counterpart at the beginning, but by the end of the game she makes decisions proving she's changed : the way the prepares the "aftermath" by progressingly stepping away from politics and the lodge, the way she doesn't fight anymore for petty power related struggles (she even bows in a way to Philippa). That's why I think Yen wouldn't want her daughter to become a member of the lodge.

Yennefer is definitely not a one sided character, that's probably why most newcomers to the franchise and non book readers are baffled by her actions. Anyway she's one of the best written mothers in any videogame, one we can fully relate to.

Last edited:
As a mother Yennefer probably aknowledges that too, hence why I don't think she'd be over worried about Ciri being a Witcher (it's a different matter for the Emperess ending, since it's well known in this world that politics are far more dangerous than the next wyvern). The thing I like about the game is that Yennefer does grow up too. They did a pretty good job to make her react like her book counterpart at the beginning, but by the end of the game she makes decisions proving she's changed : the way the prepares the "aftermath" by progressingly stepping away from politics and the lodge, the way she doesn't fight anymore for petty power related struggles (she even bows in a way to Philippa). That's why I think Yen wouldn't want her daughter to become a member of the lodge.

Yennefer is definitely not a one sided character, that's probably why most newcomers to the franchise and non book readers are baffled by her actions. Anyway she's one of the best written mothers in any videogame, one we can fully relate to.

Yeah, I think Yennefer will accept any Ciri decision. I think she see that Ciri isn't child anymore and decide what she want. There is nice scene about this. After you defeat 3 witche's and Wild Hut general Geralt mutter about how he is old for all this as always and tell Ciri that he son't know what to say to Yennefer about this as he fear she would be very angry :D But Ciri says just don't lie to her. I was a bit surprised by this but decided to try this option. And Yennefer isn't actually angry on you or Ciri if you say truth 0_o

Tousant land is famous for it's fairy tale atmosphere. If there would be more interactions with your love interest it would be in Tousant. And please no, not romance DLS :\ I'd better would like to see Neneke and temple of Melitele than romance DLC.

I'm reading Something Ends, Something Begins and it's so cheeeeeeesy.

I miss Yen
- actually it was written before the rest of the books and Yennefer there is a bit different than in the last books :) but still it's a very fun stroy to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom