Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, my.... I almost cried while reading this scene from the last book.

By just-iorveth on Tumblr http://just-iorveth.tumblr.com/post/62329301337/old-stuff-yennefer-sketches

And yes, after reading the books I agree with all of you. Yennefer should have had more family interactions with Ciri (and Geralt) in the game. F*ck, she is her mother! >_<

This is an amazing artwork - this scene was really great and...sad...poor Yen and her fingers... :'(

---------- Updated at 07:27 PM ----------

Listening right now the official Witcher 3 soundtrack and this song: The Fields of Ard Skellige is amazing...it is playing also during The Last Wish quest etc.

Everytime I listen this...I don't know I'm feeling a little sad... it is beautiful...this is my Yen song...

Last edited:
I wish she could've laughed with them.It almost feels like left her out :(
I think that's just her way, she is happy inside, without showing it. Remember the Avallac'h laboratory scene?First she looks a bit annoyed, but later she really looks like she want to participate in the "Family Laboratory Brawl", and defacing ehh I mean beautifying the picture was just her way of doing so.

This is an amazing artwork - this scene was really great and...sad...poor Yen and her fingers... :'(

---------- Updated at 07:27 PM ----------

Listening right now the official Witcher 3 soundtrack and this song: The Fields of Ard Skellige is amazing...it is playing also during The Last Wish quest etc.

Everytime I listen this...I don't know I'm feeling a little sad... it is beautiful...this is my Yen song...

The Fields of Ard Skellige is one of the best tracks from the game imo. The whole soundtrack is great.

I wish she could've laughed with them.It almost feels like left her out :(

Yeah she never seems to have the same strong connection with Ciri as Geralt. It's a bit sad although she seems happy in her way. But I wish the game would dig deeper in the relationship between Ciri and Yen. Guess I'll check out the books for more (plan for next week :) )

Yeah she never seems to have the same strong connection with Ciri as Geralt. It's a bit sad although she seems happy in her way. But I wish the game would dig deeper in the relationship between Ciri and Yen. Guess I'll check out the books for more (plan for next week :) )

Lack of Yen/Ciri interactions is one of my biggest gripes with TW3.In the game it seems,that Ciri is much closer with Geralt,even though it's not like that in the books.Ciri called Yen 'mom' several times,but never called Geralt 'dad' ;)

Interesting... makes me even more curious about the books :)

That's because Yennefer LOSES Ciri for a couple of years.

Nice job, Yen.

:comeatmebro:

I'm sorry we didn't get more Yen and Lodge Sorceress interaction because while she hates the Lodge, I loved Rita and Yen's relationship.

Rightly so, the books are incredible! As are the games of course :) They also give some wonderful backstory for the characters, which really enriches your experience of The Witcher 3, especially as they are referenced so much.

I cant play it :(

It's really short, so i thought i make a webm out of it, but here is the youtube version:

Btw. just wondering - this pic from the official page - I guess it wasn't exactly like that in the game, right?
Wish I could see more scenes like these in the the game...

Close enough?

http://imgur.com/a/aZGu1

Sadly i still have a 16:10 monitor, so no 1080p, just 1680x1050.

Is there a way to pause the game without going into the menu? Easier to navigate the freecam, if you have more time.

Well, I've read all 46 pages and haven't seen anything about Yennefer and strange letters you can find in game. First one is from Vigo! And she is calling her a friend!!!

Blood of Elves
Geralt extracted another letter from his bag, one he had recently received from a strange courier. He had already read it about thirty times.
Dear friend . . .
The witcher swore quietly, looking at the sharp, angular, even runes drawn with energetic sweeps of the pen, faultlessly reflecting the author's mood. He felt once again the desire to try to bite his own backside in fury. When he was writing to the enchantress a month ago he had spent two nights in a row contemplating how best to begin. Finally, he had decided on 'Dear friend'. Now he had his just deserts.

Dear friend, your unexpected letter – which I received not quite three years after we last saw each other – has given me much joy. My joy is all the greater as various rumours have been circulating about your sudden and violent death. It is a good thing that you have decided to disclaim them by writing to me; it is a good thing, too, that you are doing so so soon. From your letter it appears that you have lived a peaceful, wonderfully boring life, devoid of all sensation. These days such a life is a real privilege, dear friend, and I am happy that you have managed to achieve it.

I was touched by the sudden concern which you deigned to show as to my health, dear friend. I hasten with the news that, yes, I now feel well; the period of indisposition is behind me, I have dealt with the difficulties, the description of which I shall not bore you with.

It worries and troubles me very much that the unexpected present you received from Fate brings you worries. Your supposition that this requires professional help is absolutely correct. Although your description of the difficulty – quite understandably – is enigmatic, I am sure I know the Source of the problem. And I agree with youropinion that the help of yet another magician is absolutely necessary. I feel honoured to be the second to whom you turn. What have I done to deserve to be so high on your list?

Rest assured, my dear friend; and if you had the intention of supplicating the help of additional magicians, abandon it because there is no need. I leave without delay, and go to the place which you indicated in an oblique yet, to me, understandable way. It goes without saying that I leave in absolute secrecy and with great caution. I will surmise the nature of the trouble on the spot and willdo all that is in my power to calm the gushing source. I shall try, in so doing, not to appear any worse than other ladies to whom you have turned, are turning or usually turn with your supplications. I am, after all, your dear friend. Your valuable friendship is too important to me to disappoint you, dear friend.

Should you, in the next few years, wish to write to me, do not hesitate for a moment. Your letters invariably give me boundless pleasure.

Your friend
Yennefer

The letter smelled of lilac and gooseberries.
Geralt cursed.

"friend", pah :p

Now compare it with the ingame letter:

Apropos unicorn, who stole that unicorn? After having fun on it, it is gone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom