Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only neck? Hmm I guess it won't be enough for Lady Yen mhmmmmmmm

ok ok....she can have all ..!!

We speak here about games what is based on the books. There would not be ones if A. Sapkowski did not write a books about Geralt. The lore in the games is not full, there is a hell lot of plot holes and imperfections, which we can fill with a knowledge given us from the books. It is simply impossible to speak only about the games, and personally I won't do that, books first, games (like any other fanfick or adaption) comes second.

This here too.

Make no mistake, the adapation, especially one of such passion and quality DESERVES a LOT of respect. But the original is really ... the original...

In this case both can be entwined and loved equally. Since it is not a retelling but rather a (at times imperfect) continuation of the original.

But this aint some "Book Elitism" this time. It is the same for all adaptation.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is an original IP. It has over 40 books made by different authors dedicated to its universe. Some are excellent works of fiction in their own right. Some have won awards and even helped their often young authors to get a fanbase and make a name for themselves! They are awesome if you can read them!
But the original in this case is the VIDEO GAME. Hence the books are adaptations.

I hope this helps explain my thought process to some people :( !

The stupid that everyone is doing is judging without knowing deeply, you will always judge by its cover before meeting inside. In this way only, can you really judge pereitamente those who have read the books because there shows the full character of Yennefer characters and especially the relationship of Geralt and Yen, in the game you can not feel completely their relationship. At the game are judged by its cover, the books for its interior.

Yeah, thinking for a minute, this is a bit bizarre now...anyway, if you @ale666 really want to learn more about Yennefer, just go to the first post or even better just read the books, even Shani is also in the books ;)

You made your point clear, so it's no use to talk about it, if your opinion is rock-solid, i can only recommend to be open about that and read what Sapkowski himself wrote (the books) or what other people wrote (see the first page), because many of them didn't have the same impression like you and they didn't read the books either.

Live is interesting because its varied, I get it, besides only came here to vent a bit and get away from Yen, doing a Yen run , have to take her in very small doses you see :)

"That selfish bitch almost destroys Skellige" Is usually how it's explained to me :/ (They also tend to take issue with stealing it as well.)

I never understand that, Ciri or/and Avallac'h (edit) actually destroyed that part of the island with that explosion, she is the one, who killed probably 100 of animals or maybe even 1-2 children playing hide and seek.

The Mask only made it rain and stormy, i mean, yes, it's water, but unless you are out of paper, you are fine.

"That selfish bitch almost destroys Skellige" Is usually how it's explained to me :/ (They also tend to take issue with stealing it as well.)

But...why people tend to forget that it wasd Avallac'h who destroyed the wood? Yen is an experimented sorceress who can discern a legend without foundation, from another very dangerous. The mere fact that the players not know the true character through the game makes the actual motives for her actions look distort.

What part of Yen saved Dandelion did you not read mate :(?

Or that Yen was tortured for a few months at Strygga Castle?

Or that she was always helping Geralt financially even when they were separated?

This is The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt section is it not? Speaking of which, I think you would do well to open a separate thread, one which indicates content from books, the other games only, for the sake of clarity.

Actually, if I remember correctly, that was only the beginning and the Mask would have caused a massive and destructive storm, and the only reason that didn't happen was because the druid stopped it in time.

"Good thing you were here with your colleagues" ;D

Still nothing bad happened at all, i would even assume that she planned with Emiron and his fellow druids, so they can withhold whatever the mask will cause. In the end the explosion was much more dangerous than the storm, as i said, who knows who was present during the explosion, it's not far-fetched that children were playing there, they always play where they shouldn't..

I never understand that, Ciri or/and Avallac'h (edit) actually destroyed that part of the island with that explosion, she is the one, who killed probably 100 of animals or maybe even 1-2 children playing hide and seek.

The Mask only made it rain and stormy, i mean, yes, it's water, but unless you are out of paper, you are fine.

But...why people tend to forget that it wasd Avallac'h who destroyed the wood? Yen is an experimented sorceress who can discern a legend without foundation, from another very dangerous. The mere fact that the players not know the true character through the game makes the actual motives for her actions look distort.

They put a lot of stock in the legends that they are true, and the storm was all the evidence they needed. The fact that Ermion and the druids were there to stop it didn't really matter, to them it showed that she would do anything, endanger everyone, to get what SHE wants. It's all about HER.

It's not easy to follow these kinds of trains of thought, but I've had conversations with a lot of these people before. Some that even read the books and still interpret her in the most negative way possible. I remember one guy despised her because she took over his mind with mind control once, and mind control is "f*king evil". In reference to that little prank she pulled in the last wish where he went around town spanking people that don't know how to talk to a lady. That wasn't his only problem with her but it was one of his prominent reasons why he hated her so much.

You can see how even the most innocent things can be twisted into being great evils by some people.

This is The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt section is it not? Speaking of which, I think you would do well to open a separate thread, one which indicates content from books, the other games only, for the sake of clarity.

Well, this thread is about Yennefer, and most of what defines her character takes place in the books, so we can't just leave those parts out or ignore it.

Besides the fact that I don't think the game did a great job at fleshing out Yennefer's character without any sort of prior knowledge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom