Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was just petty jealousy, my Geralt has slept with anything that moves since Witcher 1. Ahhh the memories :)

Ah... free interpretation from a third interpretation made by CDPR ;)

Yep the same books from which CDPR have the idea to make Geralt slept with anything that moves.... since they've read the books. Sorry if you canno't accept the source of their inpiration and you avoid and reject they generous offer to know Sapkowski's novels. CDPR made the game as a depth homage to their heroe and his life. But as you are free to read them or not show a little respect about what they love.

Last edited:
Emhyr is a bad guy for a lot of reasons, but so are all of the Northern Monarchs, most of which are arguably worse in many respects, but Emhyr is powerful and he did have her as a prisoner, and they shared a goal: finding Ciri and saving her from The Wild Hunt. They each had different motivations for this, but not using his resources to save her would have been a foolish decision on her part.

When someone says that Yennefer was allied with Emhyr for being a traitor and have selfish reasons, I think the game should be done for children 9 years.

So that he does not look bad in comparison to Stannis? He already does. More than that would be brutal... :)

Yes. You are correct. You SHOULD NOT HAVE had to read the books. Of course that makes you ... strange (cant find a better word in English that wont get me banned) to me. And part of the reason why society by and large is crappy.

The majority of the players fit that not very nice description in your opinion?

---------- Updated at 06:16 PM ----------

And it seems you never will without even readin this thread well :p
Let alone the books ...

I would sooner read the books then all this nonsense, what is it ? 900 pages? lol

Err. She put a hex on Geralt to have him go around beating people up to resolve her petty grudges, and then he gets tossed in the dungeon.
They deserve that beating
'To put it simply, you stated that a self-respecting man shouldn't ever call a professional harlot a whore because it's base and repugnant, while using the word whore to describe a woman one has never knocked off or paid any money for doing so, is childish and punishable. The punishment, you announced, would be dealt there and then, and it would be fitting for a spoilt child. You thrust the apothecary's head between his knees, pulled down his pants and thrashed his arse with a belt.'

But does other pretty fucked up things very often that are overlooked because he's the main hero.
What does Geralt have to do with Yen's actions? it doesn't excuse Yen's behaviour that Geralt also does some bad things

Yeah, tell that to all those Yen haters. She's a NPC character so you don't get to control her actions, while Geralt is in the player's hands- so axii no axii..everything is great, because we are him (and thus can do no wrong obviously)
Like I said, it's pointless to mix game skills with the lore . I didn't even skill the axii pupet because it's broken and didn't use it in conversations so my Geralt didn't mindctonrol anybody. There is no canon Geralt mindcontrolling others in the games as far as I know.

Sorry to hurt your feelings, besides I prefer spending my time in game, 380 hrs plus.

So... the "lack of time" argmuent is not valid?

Err. She put a hex on Geralt to have him go around beating people up to resolve her petty grudges, and then he gets tossed in the dungeon. When does Geralt do such a thing with Axii? I don't remember that.

When I use Axii it turns into a bloodbath.

My Geralt has killed hundreds... no...
Thousands.

Yen cant compete here.

---------- Updated at 07:35 PM ----------

I would sooner read the books then all this nonsense, what is it ? 900 pages? lol

The first post

What does Geralt have to do with Yen's actions? it doesn't excuse Yen's behaviour that Geralt also does some bad things

Like I said, it's pointless to mix game skills with the lore . I didn't even skill the axii pupet because it's broken and didn't use it in conversations so my Geralt didn't mindctonrol anybody. There is no canon Geralt mindcontrolling others in the games as far as I know.

I am pretty sure my very peaceful and only slightly vindictive version of Geralt would make the top murderers of all time lists...

They deserve that beating
'To put it simply, you stated that a self-respecting man shouldn't ever call a professional harlot a whore because it's base and repugnant, while using the word whore to describe a woman one has never knocked off or paid any money for doing so, is childish and punishable. The punishment, you announced, would be dealt there and then, and it would be fitting for a spoilt child. You thrust the apothecary's head between his knees, pulled down his pants and thrashed his arse with a belt.'
Nah.

But the arrogance of sorceresses is coming back to bite them, as Radovid saves the common folk such as that man from their tyrannies.

When I use Axii it turns into a bloodbath.

Let me see if I have this straight. Fictional character A's use of magic to defend himself against armed aggressors who are seeking to take his life is morally equivalent to fictional character B's use of magic to endanger someone else's life and liberty in order to get back at some guys who called her a whore?

Just trying to make sure I understood that right.

You could even say that it was the payment Geralt had to pay for saving Dandelion, she just didn't want to risk anything and put that spell on him.
Well usually a trade works with 2 or more people agreeing on the conditions. . Geralt didn't have the choice to do so, as she tricked him into the mindcontrol.
I would even say that Geralt would have done it without that spell, because he would have done anything for Dandelion in this moment.
That's speculation and we will never know, as the didn't give him the choice.

I really have no idea why people here are defending her bad actions.. She did some mistakes, like any other character in the witcher world. That doesn't make her bad,it's just makes her human. But it's still no excuse to defend her from every critism. That just let some people look like mindless fanboys/girls (not directed towards you)

Thing is, LOTR movie is direct remediation.

Witcher games are not. They are also a "sequel" of sorts :)

You lose a LOT without reading the books. A LOT.

And you had time to play Witcher 3. In that time you could read the books 3-4 times easily...

Haha you don't let go easy do you? Well it has been a pleasure speaking to you Yen fans but alas life calls and I have ladies awaiting me for dinner. and they don't wear black unless at a funeral. :lol:

Let me see if I have this straight. Fictional character A's use of magic to defend himself against armed aggressors who are seeking to take his life is morally equivalent to fictional character B's use of magic to endanger someone else's life and liberty in order to get back at some guys who called her a whore?

Just trying to make sure I understood that right.

A better simplification would be:

Fictional character A simply kills a few hundred or thousands of people just like that. Often unprovoked. Sometimes in the form of executions (Whoreson Junior comes to mind). That is my fairly peaceful Geralt.

What you used is Fictional Character B. Mostly written as humorous prose though.

---------- Updated at 07:48 PM ----------

Haha you don't let go easy do you? Well it has been a pleasure speaking to you Yen fans but alas life calls and I have ladies awaiting me for dinner. and they don't wear black unless at a funeral.

When I am fairly certain that I am right I do not let go easily.

I like black as a color. If you do not... your loss. But a color to dictate who is boring and who aint ... lol...

A brief reminder:

if you DO NOT want to see what someone is saying, because it annoys you or bores you, USE the IGNORE button.

DO NOT engage them in dialogue...and then report them to us because you don't like their opinion.

Report them if they are breaking the Rules - but disagreeing with you is not breaking the Rules.

It takes two to tango and that includes flamewars. If there -is- a flamewar or anything like it, or if you go back and forth with someone and -then- report them, it's quite likely we'll go at you as well.

THAT said, if you are here to provoke people instead of discussion - don't.

Oh, addendum:

NO ONE is required to read any books to post here, especially about content in a game they are playing.

Their opinion about that game is absolutely, 100% as valid as anyone who has read the books.

And, @ale666 - be nicer about it. Or break time.

Last edited:
Well usually a trade works with 2 or more people agreeing on the conditions. . Geralt didn't have the choice to do so, as she tricked him into the mindcontrol.
That's speculation and we will never know, as the didn't give him the choice.

I really have no idea why people here are defending her bad actions.. She did some mistakes, like any other character in the witcher world. That doesn't make her bad,it's just makes her human. But it's still no excuse to defend her from every critism. That just let some people look like mindless fanboys/girls (not directed towards you)

Hell no, i even agree, i just think Geralt would have done it anyway, if she were honest with him, but she wasn't.

'Here, take it. Not as an instalment. Accept it from a witcher as proof of his gratitude for having treated him more kindly, albeit in a calculated manner, than the majority of your brethren would have done. Accept it as evidence of goodwill, which ought to convince you that, having seen to my friend's safety, I'll return to repay you. I didn't see the scorpion amidst the flowers, Yennefer. I'm prepared to pay for my inattention.'

He even threatens her if Dandelion is getting hurt in the process.

. 'When you've finished your handiwork and brought the djinn here Dandilion is most certainly going to suffer despite all your promises, maybe even more than before. Because it's the creature from the bottle that you want, isn't it? Do you intend to master it, force it to serve you? You don't have to answer, I know it's none of my damned business. Do what you want, draw ten demons in if you like. But without Dandilion. If you put him at risk, this will no longer be an honest trade, Yennefer, and you don't have the right to demand payment for that. I won't allow—' He broke off.

But as i said this was the old Yennefer, the one before meeting Geralt and later on Ciri. It's not fair to take this and judge her 20 years later for that.

I don't even want to know what stupid things i did 20 years ago...

You are asking the impossible from me. Wont happen. You either "rise" to my "level" or there is no point. I wont "lower" it.

I just know more things about the Witcher world. There is no other way. I cant force partial amnesia on myself... to be equal on this topic.
Others here who are Yen fans and are gamers only *hissing sounds* can do a better job at this. But not I. Not on these rules.

You sound a bit like that crazy alchemist druid , at first he was like "you think I will share all my knowledge !" Then sends Geralt on not 1 but 3 very dangerous quests so he can get pissed on some brew hahahaha. My point? your secrets will be mine after a few beers! hahahaha now I'm off. Tata..

A better simplification would be:

Fictional character A simply kills a few hundred or thousands of people just like that. Often unprovoked. Sometimes in the form of executions (Whoreson Junior comes to mind). That is my fairly peaceful Geralt.

What you used is Fictional Character B. Mostly written as humorous prose though.

I don't think that's a better simplification at all. That's changing the subject. I can't recall any situation off the top of my head in which Geralt uses Axii to screw over someone who came to him seeking help in earnest or murder someone in cold blood. The example you cited doesn't involve Axii at all.

Now, if I forgot about something, then that would be a great place to equate their actions and show that Geralt is just as capable of Yennefer of using magic for vile ends.

You sound a bit like that crazy alchemist druid , at first he was like "you think I will share all my knowledge !" Then sends Geralt on not 1 but 3 very dangerous quests so he can get pissed on some brew hahahaha. My point? your secrets will be mine after a few beers! hahahaha now I'm off. Tata..

Mate you are answering slowly to fairly old replies :p ....

You do not want my secrets. I have been throwing them at you. My book knowledge. It is all over this thread too...
You dont want our secrets :(

I don't think that's a better simplification at all. That's changing the subject. I can't recall any situation off the top of my head in which Geralt uses Axii to screw over someone who came to him seeking help in earnest or murder someone in cold blood. The example you cited doesn't involve Axii at all.

Now, if I forgot about something, then that would be a great place to equate their actions and show that Geralt is just as capable of Yennefer of using magic for vile ends.

Not quite. This is how it ends when I use Axii.
For example when those Witch Hunters wanted to harm Triss...

I used Axii. They did not survive it though....

Geralt is not as capable as Yen at magic. Not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom