Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's a better simplification at all. That's changing the subject. I can't recall any situation off the top of my head in which Geralt uses Axii to screw over someone who came to him seeking help in earnest or murder someone in cold blood. The example you cited doesn't involve Axii at all.

Now, if I forgot about something, then that would be a great place to equate their actions and show that Geralt is just as capable of Yennefer of using magic for vile ends.

"Palm Trees have sprouted on Skillige."

Or did you just destroy all of his merchandise instead? xD

Awwww.... where are true gentlemen gone? ;)
Right here.
He'll stick on the BBQ on the first date, could you ask for more?

Just got back from Tour De France and finished reading last 30 pages. I have only one question for you good people:

I though we were mature enough to not yell at deaf people. This is the first time from my registration when I gave less than 5 REDpoints per page (10 posts) in this thread. You can't imagine how disappointed I was when I finished reading last 30 pages. I thought holy shit, 30 pages? Maybe some new awesome content suggestions from @Kallelinski or @swordsandroses which were so good that it created a very long and constructive discussion with 300+ posts? Nope. Not even one. Just a bunch of people attacking a troll. Isn't it obvious already that he/she doesn't care about your posts
or explanations? Why bother bashing him then? There are more interesting things you could be doing instead you know.
Just saying. If you try to communicate with a person who completely ignores what you're trying to say then you might
want to stop reacting... Just a little piece of advice, if you care. There is an ignore button. 30 pages of arguing? Wow!
Troll mama say anything be, so rock I be. :stoptrolling:

@CatchTheBreeze please send me some of your perfect fanfiction if you can. I'm so sad and disappointed right now.

Last edited:
"Palm Trees have sprouted on Skillige."

Or did you just destroy all of his merchandise instead? xD

Swords and Dumplings, right?

Interesting example. In this situation, Geralt is essentially acting as a collections agent to recover money from someone who admits that he has reneged on a contract he signed in good faith after the other party delivered on his end. Geralt uses a spell that clouds the mind of the offending party in order to persuade him to honor his agreement. I don't personally think that his actions here are unjust, but I suppose I could see the case for it. Then again, I don't think it is immoral for him to use Axii to soothe the feelings of a grieving child, but some people might take issue with that.

But if you do feel he acts wrongly there, then yeah, that's an example of Geralt being unethical. You can still like him as a character while agreeing that he did something naughty.

Just got back from Tour De France and finished reading last 30 pages. I only have one question for you people:

I though we were mature enough not to yell at deaf people. This is the first time from my registration when I gave less than 5 REDpoints per page (10 posts) in this thread. You can't imagine how disappointed I was when I finished reading last 30 pages. I thought holy shit, 30 pages? Maybe some new awesome content suggestions from @Kallelinski or @swordsandroses which were so good that it created a very long and constructive discussion with 300+ posts? Nope. Not even one. Just a bunch of people attacking a troll. Isn't it quite obvious already that he doesn't care about your posts or explanations? Why bother bashing him then? There are more interesting things you could be doing you know... Just saying. If you try to communicate with a person and he/she ignores you then you might as well stop reacting and bothering them... Just a little piece of advice, if you care.

Troll mama say anything be, so rock I be. :stoptrolling:

@CatchTheBreeze please send me some fanfiction if you can, I'm so sad and dissapointed right now. :(
After 30 pages

@Gilthoniel as You asked.

Yen, look at the moon.

Let's go for a night swim?

Special scene ?

A bit off-topic but as I'm reading Blood of Elves, Yen & Geralt romance is much more detailed through main and side stories for example. But I noticed there is somethind missing in Geralt/Triss relationship when she came back at Kaer Morhen. This could make the Triss choice as a possible twist. For people who read the books, did you also notice that ?

But he said he didn't read the books so...

But the financial part is a part of the game as well :D You can learn that Yen's your guarantor when you want to take a credit

And yet the credit is merely 100 orens or so... and I had maybe 10.000 or so at that time?

Another instance which shows an upgraded Geralt from his book-self. He isn't poor any longer and doesn't need her financial support... he wears the pants so to speak and therefore doesn't need to put up with her more "peculiar" personality traits any longer...

And yet the credit is merely 100 orens or so... and I had maybe 10.000 or so at that time?

Another instance which shows an upgraded Geralt from his book-self. He isn't poor any longer and doesn't need her financial support... he wears the pants so to speak and therefore doesn't need to put up with her more "peculiar" personality traits any longer...

Poor?
My Geralt could buy half of Novigrad and start an industry.

I think I was at a point much richer than anyone else in the Witcher world. By a LOT. Why could I not buy Nilfgard Army Group Center? I can pay for the organs of every individual soldier to their mothers and families...
Just use them to slaughter the Wild Hunt.

This is a game issue mostly. One of those things suspension of disbelief should solve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom