Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, it's not impossible, but there are signs that Geralt doesn't consider it as a really crucial, intolerable problem anymore. He actually left the witcher Path because of her and Ciri in Rivia shortly after this quoted dialogue

Yeah, he said something like: "I dont want to risk my life for others". And some moments later - he died because of "such thing"... :(

so just saw it on reddit and searched for it here on the forums, went through the last pages and couldn't find it, :

Been lurking around the game files again, and I noticed that there is already some work done with the content they are going to add for Triss. While the actual dialog lines aren't included in the game files yet each dialog section is named by the developers to give them a general idea what each section is about. Each section usually has a few lines of dialog.

(ignore the numbers they were for me to figure out which option connects to what, in the game files its just all references so i had to keep track of it :p)
Final Battle (tent, probably)

1375 - "q501 triss stops G NEW" -> 1376
\/
1376 - "q501 say something nice" -> 1380, 1382
\/ Choice
1380 - "q501 about kovir"-> 1381
1382 - "q501 lighthouse" -> 1381
\/
1381 - "q501 romantic geralt" -> 1391
\/
1391 - "q501 before the fight" -> 1395, 1397
\/ Choice
1395 - "q501 dont think about this" -> 1396
1397 - "q501 ill be fine" -> 1396
\/
1396 - "q501 geralts jokes"

Kaer Morhen (teleport with ciri)
295 - "q403 triss girlfriend NEW!" -> 296
\/
296 - "q403 want a moment" -> 300, 305
\/ Choice
300 - "q403 were cool lets go"
305 - "q403 if thats ok"

Kaer Morhen (teleport with Ciri, yen version)
327 - "q403 - yen girflriend kaer morhen NEW!" -> 328
\/
328 - "q403 no wed better go" -> 332, 337
\/ Choice
332 - "q403 no lets go now yen"
337 - "q403 5 minutes with yen"
Found something more in the Ciri default dialog (ask it any time she is available outside of cutscenes)
201 - "CIRI ABOUT GF NEW!" -> 205, 216
205 - "CIRI DEFAULT ON TRISS GIRLFRIEND" (7 Dialog lines)
216 - "CIRI DEFAULT ON YEN GIRLFRIEND" (7 Dialog lines)

Definitely like it that we get to talk to Ciri about it and hear her opinion.

:happy2: Love ciri

so just saw it on reddit and searched for it here on the forums, went through the last pages and couldn't find it, :

Kaer Morhen (teleport with Ciri, yen version)
327 - "q403 - yen girflriend kaer morhen NEW!" -> 328
\/
328 - "q403 no wed better go" -> 332, 337
\/ Choice
332 - "q403 no lets go now yen"
337 - "q403 5 minutes with yen"

I hope those 5 mins with Yen will be finally some nice mom/daughter moment...

Wondering what the "no wed better go" means :)

Maybe you can visit the "rival" topic sometimes ;)

Sorry to destroy your hope, but it look like: Geralt ask everybody for 5 minute with Yen

And from what i saw there are no daughter-mother dialog...yet :(

How is this possible that no one has discussed about this - http://imgur.com/a/Ir3To or is discussed elsewhere?

Hm, missed this completly....looks interesting. Thanks !

Well, i have my doubts .
Maybe another evil conversation ^^

Ciri/Yen is a complete mess in the game, so i dont think additional 5 min will be so much different :p

Last edited:
Meh, people really can not (or dont want?) to draw the border between "GY before Ciri" and "GY after Ciri".
Reminding Istreddlike stuff out of context is...sad. The fact of no real arguments. To find just something which can "prove" your opinion.

I agree it's hard to get when the character you like has no place but instead of building the strange theories and mixing all the context way better just face it.

Being a wishful thinker is uncool and unhealthy. Know from personal experience :(

I can't quote the specifics references right now but he can stand up to, scold and/or take no shit from: The bloody baron, the baron's men, Phillipa, Sigi, Triss, Rosa Van Atre, the Crones, Eredin, some of his fellow witchers, guy when you first land in skelligue, lugos, cratch's son, several witcher hunters, some priests, some drunken people here and there, menge, vampire dude and I'm probably forgetting a lot too but you get the idea...
You could just shorten your list and write "every character he has a conflict with or who doesn't show him a minimum of respect except for Yennefer"
We even get the chance to oppose Emhyr- the most powrerful man in the witcher world- whenever possible, but god forbid we get the choice to call out Yennefer on her behavior.

Just would like to ask you - how many Witcher books did you read Redemyr? Just wondering... Because the relationship you are describing here is like in the first three books but after Ciri esp. in Time of Contempt and Lady of The Lake their relationship changed a lot.
I don't see the big change regarding Geralt's behavior towards her . After Ciri they only met two times. In Thanedd, where she treated him like he was her property and later in Stygga/the months after, when she told him she and Ciri will leave to meet the lodge. And again, Geralt hated it but was just too submissive to do something about it.
I still remember reading that part for the first time and how angry I was that Geralt didn't try to stop Ciri from going to these manipulative sorceresses of the lodge.

Submissive and the man who knows when to stop and round the corners are not the same.
Submissive Geralt was in "A Shard Of Ice".
No, like mentioned above. Geralt was submissve during the whole saga. Not only in the short stories but also later, even at the end in Lady of the Lake. Let's not even talk about the many characters who make comments about it like Eskel, Lambert, Keira, Dandelion (in Codex entries), Cerys Vesemir. Even Geralt, who isn't particulary smart when he is together with Yennefer realizes that she treats him badly,. I have no idea why it's so difficult to understand for the Yen fans here and why they are fine with that behavior. Teleporting someone into a lake and threaten him with death afterwards seems to be fine , because it's Yennefer.

Change? We have almost the classic Geralt you like it or not. I know that many boys and girls want to see own Geralt as badass who silent everyone but he never was.
Ask A.Sapkowski to rewrite the books then.
Games Geralt is different from books Geralt. Two of his most pronounced traits in the books- his permanent selfdoubts and weepniness- were almost completely absent in the games. Sure, he still complains from time to time (especially in Witcher 3) but nothing even close to the books. Just remember the scene with Regis, Cahir, Milva and Dandelion at the campfire. You never see something even close to that in the games. This is just not the books Geralt anymore.
Furtermore CDP gave is the choice to roleplay Geralt to a certain degree. We can play him as mr. niceguy, but also as a rather saracstic and "mean" character.
It worked pretty well during the 3 games. I recognized books Geralt but also had enough freedom to roleplay him.
Then Yennefer happened and they took the freedom away. I'm forced to play books Geralt even if books Geralt doesn't exist anymore.

Last edited:
What do you mean that Geralt ask everybody for 5 minutes with Yen? hmm

Because"

Kaer Morhen (teleport with Ciri, yen version) CDPR add a new dialogue for Yen before battle of Kaer Mohen

"q403 no wed better go" I guess this one is right after Triss and Ciri hug, Geralt want to end the conversation

"q403 no lets go now yen" Yen don't agree with the above and want to talk. Geralt choose this to end the cutscene.

"q403 5 minutes with yen" Geralt ask Ciri, Triss and Vesemir for 5 minute with Yen ;)

After that some more romance dialogue blah blah :lol:

What do you mean that Geralt ask everybody for 5 minutes with Yen? hmm
There could be dialogue with Ciri as well, I hope. Or romantic conversation between Geralt and Yen.

---------- Updated at 12:12 PM ----------

After that some more romance dialogue blah blah
Blah blah, I hope kiss, kiss as with Yen in romance and Triss if she is romanced.

I have no idea why it's so difficult to understand for the Yen fans here and why they are fine with that behavior. Teleporting someone into a lake and threaten him with death afterwards seems to be fine , because it's Yennefer.

You really think Yen was going to hurt Geralt?? Really?? It's just when you are very very angry with your boyfriend and you throw at him a pot... or say "I'm gonna kill you bastard". It's an impulse reaction, not meaning one wants to hurt anyone. I understand her.

It's an impulse reaction, not meaning one wants to hurt anyone. I understand her.

If you consider all what happened a few days before, yes, i understand it too.
An again, Yens reaction is all in all more harmless. Other people would react different and would not be so calm.

I hope kiss, kiss as with Yen in romance and Triss if she is romanced.

Support this, i totally .gif :D

You really think Yen was going to hurt Geralt?? Really?? It's just when you are very very angry with your boyfriend and you throw at him a pot... or say "I'm gonna kill you bastard". It's an impulse reaction, not meaning one wants to hurt anyone. I understand her.

So you find it ok to tell someone "I will kill you bastard" if you are angry with that person?

but god forbid we get the choice to call out Yennefer on her behavior.

You got this choice, and been thrown into lake ;) If it's not sufficient hint for Geralt to stop behave like a stubborn resentful boy while being guilty in this situation - I don't know how else writers could show it. Weird image for roleplaying, I'd say.

In Thanedd, where she treated him like he was her property and later in Stygga/the months after

LOL, what? Give quotes, please :D

threaten him with death

Don't say that you take that seriously

I'm forced to play books Geralt even if books Geralt doesn't exist anymore.

IDK, the only forced pleasant line towards Yen is a compliment which Geralt said when meets her in Kaer Trolde docks at funeral. After that there always are neutral or grouchy options in dialogues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom