Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you consider all what happened a few days before, yes, i understand it too.
An again, Yens reaction is all in all more harmless. Other people would react different and would not be so calm.

Support this, i totally .gif :D
I think her reaction is inappropriate but considering her character I can understand it. My main problem is that we can't call her out about her actions. We should have gotten a dialogue optionn after she threw us into the lake and another one after she threatened us. Instead Geralt just accepts this.

it's not ok, but it's understandable. We are humans not machines and have emotions. And not everyone express them the same way.

Then our opinions obviously differ. I don't think it's ok to threaten anyone with death,, no matter how angry you are with that person. There are other ways to express that anger.

Well there is not much room for a good conversation.
Geralt throwed " Magic in gone " in her face .

And after that, he thinks she would be friendly and ready for conversations ? come on

Thats impossible..you know that...

Last edited:
Happens a lot in relationships. Especially when infidelity is involved. Even Dandelion gets similar treatment from a certain someone in Novigrad.

First of all there is no relationship anymore at this point. My Geralt is not in love with her and doesn't have to accept her behavior (He shouldn't have to accept her behavior even if he is still in a relationship with her, but that#s another matter)
Secondly you have the chance to respond to another person's behavior in RL. You don't have to accept it and let it look like it was perfectly fine to threat others with death or use physical violence (the teleport)

Last edited:
First of all there is no relationship anymore at this point. My Geralt is not in love with her and doesn't have to accept her behavior (He shouldn't have to accept her behavior even if he is still in a relationship with her, but that#s another matter)
Secondly you have the chance to respond to another person's behavior in RL. You don't have to accept it and let it look like it was perfectly fine to threat others with death or use physical violence (the teleport)

But see, you were still in a relationship with her until you broke it off in the Last Wish quest, and she's upset with you for things you did while you were in a relationship with her. Sleeping with your significant others best friend and then running off with her is usually something that doesn't go over well, in any world, fantasy or real. People tend to react very badly to that kind of behavior. Sometimes even physically, and permanently, in ways I don't want to mention.

What you have to do to even get that scene is really pretty scummy.

Then our opinions obviously differ. I don't think it's ok to threaten anyone with death,, no matter how angry you are with that person. There are other ways to express that anger.

Of course it not OK...today... or a couple of centuries ago... Characters in game are placed in an environment absollutly in an other level of what polite or civilized means. Talking about death of the interlocutor was very common and frequent. Geralt and his people are not living under our prism is described how good or bad behavior. Eat today in restaurant with hands, or burping is all improbable today. Threatening death is punishable by our laws, but a thousand years ago, life was so short and so dangerous that these details were unimportant to people. That people was raised listening to their elders swear and threaten their elders. The opposite to us today.

In this regard, CDPR been successful in how to reflect that lifestyle. I see no need to compare us to how we should act in our everyday life in the twenty-first century. Emotions are the same, yes, but beharior was, is and will be alwayls conditioned by the time and the culture.

Last edited:
Maybe you can visit the "rival" topic sometimes ;)

Well,
despite my personal opinion, i also think that the lore wouldn't exactly approve Triss as girlfriend (IMO lore > personal opinion and not just in the Witcher), so i don't think my opinion or comments will be any enrichment to the discussion nor any helpful, if i come in with such a stance, so i don't want to bother others with that.
So reading comments/posts, which contradict my own opinion and my understanding of the lore, is not exactly a pleasure for me, that's why i usually stay out of those versus-threads. I don't get bothered by it and you don't get bothered by me :)

But maybe I will write my suggestions/ideas for Triss soon, but since i doubt many people will agree with that, i am not so eager to do it so quickly, even though it wouldn't be so bad as it sounds now :)

Also seeing that they are already working on such dialogues, it loos like they already have enough ideas and plans to do it, so even if I wrote down now what i really want to see for Triss, i doubt it will have any effect anymore. For example talking with her about the amnesia, it would take a load off my mind, if i can put an end to that dispute, in the same way people want to end the romance with Yennefer, but not by putting the blame only on the wish.

Maybe you can visit the "rival" topic sometimes

orry to destroy your hope, but it look like: Geralt ask everybody for 5 minute with Yen

And from what i saw there are no daughter-mother dialog...yet
In any case I hope those new dialogue lines will finally show the family we are missing so far, would be still nice to hear that CDPR is actually looking into it instead of keeping us in the dark...

Would be nice to hear that quote from my signature ingame, i will probably shed a tear or two and then Yen looking proudly like this:
"That's my girl"

Aww, would be great

No, like mentioned above. Geralt was submissve during the whole saga. Not only in the short stories but also in later, even at the end in Lady of the Lake. Let's not even talk about the many characters who make comments about like Eskel, Lambert, Keira, Dandelion (in Codex entries), Cerys Vesemir. Even Geralt, who isn't particulary smart when he is together with Yennefer realizes that she treats him badly,. I have no idea why it's so difficult to understand for the Yen fans here and why they are fine with that behavior. Teleporting someone into a lake and threaten him with death afterwards seems to be fine , because it's Yennefer.

Games Geralt is different from books Geralt. Two of his most pronounced traits in the books- his permanent selfdoubts and weepniness- were almost completely absent in the games. Sure, he still complains from time to time (especially in Witcher 3) but nothing even close to the books. Just remember the scene with Regis, Cahir, Milva and Dandelion at the campfire. You never see something even close to that in the games. This is just not the books Geralt anymore.
Furtermore CDP gave is the choice to roleplay Geralt different. We can play him as mr. niceguy, but also as a rather saracstic and "mean" character.
It worked pretty well during the 3 games. I recognized books Geralt but also had enough freedom to roleplay him.
Then Yennefer happened and they took the freedom away. I'm forced to play books Geralt even if books Geralt doesn't exist anymore.

I. Amnesiac Geralt is not complete Geralt

Without putting TW1 out of context with its new personality and take the whole Gameralt picture it’s clear that Geralt who remembered everything is just old Geralt we had in the books. With only some new experience.
Did he do something inappropriate to Bookralt in TW2? No.
Did he do something inappropriate to Bookralt in TW3? No.
The fact you could romance Triss and sleep with every other girl even after Yennefer in memory is obvious too:

Removing the possibility of romance just cause of unknown girl who was mentioned in flashback is so unreasonable for new players who don’t know or don’t care about background.
If you want you can ignore Triss as a love interest (like Bookralt Did).

II. No more self-doubts & weepiness

Just an experience.
His doubt and whining were the reasons of tragedy – the death of all his team and almost the end of his ladies.
He can’t repeat it again so he has to act confidently.

When someone experienced something irl doesn’t it make him totally another person?

III. Yennefer’s treating like a dog and he likes it/ almost killed/ lake/ cold/ water/ teleport/submissivesubmissive

Old song which got bad melody and pathetic lyrics.

Another wishful thinking to be honest.
I really like that CDPR made too reasonable Yennefer. Almost in every component. Some people can see it, some people can not see it, some people see and it makes them very angry.

You don’t need to be the greatest psychologist to understand it.

Geralt in the game is not submissive. If he can not kick her in stomach or yell at her it doesn’t make him submissive. He just acts wisely.
The only situation he didn’t get at once was Kaer Morhen but then player can help Geralt to understand it clear.

Last edited:
To be honest Yen is in a REALLY bad place at that point in time...

Her daughter is missing...

Her slave lover of of yore has broken his chains told her the magic is gone...

She took over the guest room but found the bed where the new magic was born his man cheated on her with her bff.

She realized not all witchers are slaves understanding like Geralt and when she starts bossing them around they tell her to fuck offthat they'll delay their work a little bit.

Her megascope isn't working, probably Lambert pulling her leg.

And the man who loved her finally has the courage rudeness to call her on her behavior. All that frustration and words she wanted to tell the others brew a deadly cocktail in her mind and she ends up teleporting him into the lake.

So reading comments/posts, which contradict my own opinion and my understanding of the lore, is not exactly a pleasure for me, that's why i usually stay out of those versus-threads. I don't get bothered by it and you don't get bothered by me :)
Right, i understand, still i read both topic. It fun to see people discuss and fighting

But maybe I will write my suggestions/ideas for Triss soon, but since i doubt many people will agree with that, i am not so eager to do it so quickly, even though it wouldn't be so bad as it sounds now :)

Better not to do it or post in Triss's topic, you write a suggestion for Triss stay alone in Kovir and .... :lol:

farry how do you know it is like this? Maybe it's Geralt's 5 minutes with Yen only? hmm Why Geralt would ask Ciri,, Triss and Vesemir for 5 minutes with Yen...not understand

:hmm: Don't understand what you exactly mean. But it make sense for Geralt to ask for 5 minute since Triss, Vesemir and Ciri are standing there waiting for them And GingerEffect only say something about fix romances

To be honest Yen is in a REALLY bad place at that point in time...

Her daughter is missing...

Her slave lover of of yore has broken his chains told her the magic is gone...

She took over the guest room but found the bed where the new magic was born his man cheated on her with her bff.

She realized not all witchers are slaves understanding like Geralt and when she starts bossing them around they tell her to fuck offthat they'll delay their work a little bit.

Her megascope isn't working, probably Lambert pulling her leg.

And the man who loved her finally has the courage rudeness to call her on her behavior. All that frustration and words she wanted to tell the others brew a deadly cocktail in her mind and she ends up teleporting him into the lake.

Too much very cheap Irony. Sorry.

The fact you can easily forgive and explain everything really bad Triss did and judge Yennefer for...the bed and the dead (Skjall) is so hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom