Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
that had to be said

Well, no, it didn't.
I mentioned yesterday that:
Yen and Triss are fictional characters, so they can't be insulted. Saying that either one of them is a bitch or a hag doesn't necessarily get a ban.

The key word there is "necessarily".
A blunt statement like that with no explanation is pretty inflammatory, even if it IS in this thread rather than the Triss one.
So explain WHY you think that, instead of just the one-liner.

Oh, and it's also off-topic. See stickied post at the top of the page.

Last edited:
The problem is that i respected CDPR for being so close to the lore despite being fanfiction. I can deal with changing Ciri into a world savior, changing Wild Hunt in space elves, but this just takes the cake, the tip of the iceberg i tried not to see. If it is meant the way i understand it, well, i don't know.

I have understanding if people favouring Triss, but why do they need to bend, even contradict the lore for that?

First they blame the Wish for the love between Geralt and Yennefer and then this? Why? It's not necessary to put the blame on those things.

First the absolutely no communication with us here, then this comforting with no real results and now this. I am glad they also included several dialogues with/about Yennefer, but ...

I feel like being mocked for being a fan of the books and relationships between Yennefer, Geralt and Ciri.

I lost all motivation to keep going on this project here now, i want to say some bad words to CDPR, but i try to keep my calm and try to get as drunk as possible now. Do what you want, write CDPR, private message them, i don't care anymore. I tried to be reasonable, but enough is enough.

Sorry that my english is a bit off now, i am a bit furious and can't think straight, especially not in another language and i have not enough alcohol.

--

Yennefer never even had a chance in the games, always that favourism of Triss, really, mocked for being a fan of the wrong lore.

Reading this made me really sad

:pride2:
In my daughter`s eyes.
I am a hero
I am strong and wise.
And i know no fear.

I am complete stranger
But i see who i want to be
In my daughter eyes

:wisegirl: Dear mom, i may not like you always. We may have arguments and fights sometimes, but there is one thing you should know i love you always and forever
:pride: No family is perfect ... we argue we fight, but in the end family is family.....love will always be there.

i want to say some bad words to CDPR, but i try to keep my calm and try to get as drunk as possible now. Do what you want, write CDPR, private message them, i don't care anymore

Alchool and bad words doesn't serve nothing :thumbdown:

Anyway, IF this leak is legit you have:

-Additional romance dialogue with Yen

-Additional dialogue with Ciri to explain your romance choice

-we still don't know if there will be something more...

-you will not see the ''lore breaking'' if you stay with Yen

You know that there were people asking for Triss in second act, acknowledgment in Skellige, etc.. right? Well this ain't gonna happen!

Still, i don't see anybody throwing stones at CDPR for that. Most of us are content with small changes.

Nobody expected them to fullfill all of our requests, you should do the same.

At least they did something, other companies would have done nothing. I am really grateful to CDPR for that.

Last edited:
They did nothing in TW2 to please people who romanced Shani. Am I supposed to thanks for Triss fixes while there are other more important fixes in games to fix?

You really should not dictate how people here should think.

And it's off topic again.
I am a little upset about the Lore-Breaking dialogue but as i said, you and i and every Yen fans will never see that dialogue in our playthrough. And we will see Shani again in the expansion (better late than nothing). So calm down and wait, hope CDPR will address the problem about Ciri and Yen.

Alchool and bad words doesn't serve nothing :thumbdown:

Anyway, IF this leak is legit you have:

-Additional romance dialogue with Yen

-Additional dialogue with Ciri to explain your romance choice

-we still don't know if there will be something more...

-you will not see the ''lore breaking'' if you stay with Yen

You know that there were people asking for Triss in second act, acknowledgment in Skellige, etc.. right? Well this ain't gonna happen!

Still, i don't see anybody throwing stones at CDPR for that. Most of us are content with small changes.

Nobody expected them to fullfill all of our requests, you should do the same.

At least they did something, other companies would have done nothing. I am really grateful to CDPR for that.
Because there are actually people for whom MORE does not automatically mean better.

And we don't know if they won't do stuff like Triss in TW2 or Triss at the end of the game instead of Yen. Considering they have literally copypasted, almost word for word, some of those cringy fanfics in the Triss thread into those dialogues just because Triss fans wanted it, I would not be too surprised. After all, they have now shown they have zero respect for their own work and Trissfans are their new, exclusive target audience.

As I said, I hope for their own good they put their bets on the right horse, because I am not sure how many fans they will gain from this, but they certainly in a process of losing several.

There's some confusion here: I'm not bashing TT for getting what they want. Aside some people who want Triss in every game scene, and the "Forever" phrase it's all good.

I'm disappointed with Red for given them fan service based on a choice consequence argument that never happened from TW1 to TW2.

You really should not dictate how people here should think.

And it's off topic again.

It was an answer to Kallelinski. I wrote ''Should'' that is different to ''Have To'', that's not dictate, it's an opinion.

It's not off topic either, all the first part is about what will ''probably'' added to Yen romance.

Because there are actually people for whom MORE does not automatically mean better.

And we don't know if they won't do stuff like Triss in TW2 or Triss at the end of the game instead of Yen. Considering they have literally copypasted, almost word for word, some of those cringy fanfics in the Triss thread into those dialogues just because Triss fans wanted it, I would not be too surprised. After all, they have now shown they have zero respect for their own work and Trissfans are their new, exclusive target audience.

As I said, I hope for their own good they put their bets on the right horse, because I am not sure how many fans they will gain from this, but they certainly in a process of losing several.

-What LionOfVenice mean is we should thank CDPR for what they are doing, not bashing them. They even add some new for Yen romance, eventhough it isn't what you expect
-It is just a leak, and remember CDPR never state they not gonna fix some "other" issue. So just keep waiting

I'm disappointed with Red for given them fan service based on a choice consequence argument that never happened from TW1 to TW2.

Purely your opinion, and this one should go to Triss vs Yen or Triss topic cause it is :eek:fftopic: here

There's some confusion here: I'm not bashing TT for getting what they want. Aside some people who want Triss in every game scene, and the "Forever" phrase it's all good.

The choice argument is also not happening in any other parts of TW3 where it is completly missing (even more so than in whatever concerns Triss).

The excuse has always been extremly dishonest. It's a pure fanservice based on the loudest outrage, not some internal quality reassessment.

-What LionOfVenice mean is we should thank CDPR for what they are doing, not bashing them. They even add some new for Yen romance, eventhough it isn't what you expect
-It is just a leak, and remember CDPR never state they not gonna fix some "other" issue. So just keep waiting
Why should I thank them for fucking the game up?

I will thank them if this crap is not a mandatory download for future patches so it can stay off my PC.

Last edited:
I read last 30+ pages of this topic and I have no idea why is there such a "grave mood." Everyone knew for a long time that these improvements will come for Triss, so now, when leaked some unofficial information, all show surprise and discontent. Why? From what I see, they didn't add anything beyond a few new dialogues in existing scenes. That these dialogues are weak and break the lore? The fact that they are weak little I care, because I still always will choose Yennefer, as probably most of you in this topic. That they break the lore? Choosing Triss instead of Yennefer it is to break lore, and no one had any problem with the fact that this option is in the game, so what has changed now ? Stop complaining and cheer up a bit, in the end Yennefer also get a new dialogue, although it was not certain.

I am a little upset about the Lore-Breaking dialogue but as i said, you and i and every Yen fans will never see that dialogue in our playthrough. .

Not really, all I can read here is "good" if you're a Triss' fan and "bad" if you're. "It's only a choice's romance option"

There're more people who dont fit in this minor stereotypes. There're also a lot of gamers who enjoyed playing both option without finding big contradictions, newgamers who like to learn about the original sources, and readers who have no problem romancing one of both women. And those gamers bought TW3
in a greatly by the previous samples of good dialogues, good stories and great moral difficulties in decisions, an atypical hero, in TW1 or/and TW2.

Fixing any errors in the game's narrative with these kind lines of dialogue of such poor quality, very evident too close to other phrases of great talent in the same game, it is as degrading the quality of the game itself. Not to improve it.

It's a great new to see CDPR take note about our feedbacks. It's a bad new if only give this staple as solution regarding their well-deserved reputation for original developers of high-quality video games

As I posted on TT: Geralt saying he loved Triss since the beginning breaks up game lore in a specific way: if you romanced Shani in the first game (distrusted Triss), then fell in love with her in TW2 and keep with her in TW3 that phrase does not make sense.

Geralt would be lying to her.

That's in game lore, that's how I'm planning to play in my 3rd playtrough. That phrase falls weird... and Red is talking about game choices and consequences.

Find it extremely funny that people throw round nonsense terms like fanservice in regards of this. This is improving an existing choice with consequence(for Yen too) in an area they agreed their implementation didn't match their desires.
So what if it didn't happen between the first and 2nd game, they have made numerous improvements over the course of creating the games. That's something to be applauded.

Not really, all I can read here is "good" if you're a Triss' fan and "bad" if you're. "It's only a choice's romance option"

There're more people who dont fit in this minor stereotypes. There're also a lot of gamers who enjoyed playing both option without finding big contradictions, newgamers who like to learn about the original sources, and readers who have no problem romancing one of both women. And those gamers bought TW3
in a greatly by the previous samples of good dialogues, good stories and great moral difficulties in decisions, an atypical hero, in TW1 or/and TW2.

Fixing any errors in the game's narrative with these kind lines of dialogue of such poor quality, very evident too close to other phrases of great talent in the same game, it is as degrading the quality of the game itself. Not to improve it.

It's a great new to see CDPR take note about our feedbacks. It's a bad new if only give this staple as solution regarding their well-deserved reputation for original developers of high-quality video games
For me, it feels like CDPR just give angry fan what they want. I know you (and me too) disappoint but what we can do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom