Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think that Yen will be in the future DLC expansions? If there would be some romance DLC, would you buy it?
Any expansion with Geralt's Crew is welcome and Yen is my third favorite char, only behind Geralt and Ciri. I bought anyway the season pass.

I have only played the games, but currently have the books on order. So from the first 2 games I did develop an attachment to Triss, which carried into the 3rd as she was most prevalent for the earlier portions, so I ended up choosing her. As time progressed though I saw how Yenn was portrayed in the game and started developing more feeling towards her too, so there ended up being an emotional dilemma at a certain part of the game concerning her too, as I felt she was finally being completely truthful. Having to chose between them was, for me, one of the hardest choices in the game. I did chose Triss but, I found myself so attached to both by the end.

It is why I am so hopeful, maybe it's just wishful thinking, that there could be another dlc/expansion of just life continuing after Witcher 3 where you maintain connections to all of the main characters and can actually be with/spend time with them, in story and additional romance and follow through with what took pl;ace in the final scenes of the game if you chose that path for the end of the game. That would be an absolute perfect close to it for me at least I imagine it would be hard for the Dev's to do as there are a lot of variables, but it is something I sincerely hope happens, as the game has such a strong impact for it's story and the emotion it conveys in an amazingly done work.

You're in luck man. Look at my signature ;)
Same goes to those who wants to see more of the lackluster romance content in game.

Back to business... Yennefer FTW. Yes she may be ice cold and bitchy and sarcastic, but give her the chance; she sucks at expressing her feeling. She's cheeky too sometimes.
But when she praise or says thank you to Geralt, you know it's sincere. And everything she does it's actually for the good of Ciri & Geralt.

You just gotta read between the lines ;)

For example, look at the Garden mission when she had revived the corpse of Skjall. A lot of sarcastic moments but in the end, she took the bullet for Geralt (she said it was her idea and she ignored Geralt's advice) & even thanked him.

It may be small, but if you read between the lines you'll realize how thankful she is with Geralt's help

The best of all is the Romance Mission. This post at my tumblr sums everything up, perfectly:
The Last Wish Dilemma

I've come across few ladies (my ex is one of em) whom personality is just like Yennefer except lacking in terms of looks, but they all have a soft spot. I myself can be a sarcastic person so that's why we get along well I guess haha. They're so bad at expressing their feeling, but they can creatively express it in terms of action.

Last edited:
Toussaint kinda has to be a part of the main story in someway to make sense. So maybe Yennefer and other characters will show up there.

Do you think that Yen will be in the future DLC expansions? If there would be some romance DLC, would you buy it?
To be honest? I'm not sure, it really depends on the content.
If you have Geralt and Yennefer more or less sitting around talking to each other: no, let's be honest none of them is good at talking.
If they make a small adventure however where Yen will accompany Geralt the entire time, having their typical banter and some funny and fitting dialogue well then, yes I would throw money at CDPR for that to happen.

If they make a small adventure however where Yen will accompany Geralt the entire time, having their typical banter and some funny and fitting dialogue well then, yes I would throw money at CDPR for that to happen.

this please. no nonsense romance only dlc that'd be stupid, and make it yen-geralt exclusively, no need for triss to be there she did her part.
and i forgot to add that ciri also need to join if not entirely than partly in a way that will make sense of course and not just to shove her in the dlc without any reason.

I really missed the family dynamic between Yen-Ciri-Geralt. It was so underplayed and overshadowed by the drive to progress the plot. It would've been fantastic to reaffirm what they mean to each other, what the future will look like for this family unit and how this will change if Geralt chose Triss instead.

Such a core aspect to the characters and would deserve some screentime or mini-adventure to be explored.

Last edited:
I really missed the family dynamic between Yen-Ciri-Geralt. It was so underplayed and overshadowed by the drive to progress the plot. It would've been fantastic to reaffirm what they mean to each other, what the future will look like for this family unit and how this will change if Geralt chose Triss instead.

Such a core aspect to the characters and would deserve some screentime or mini-adventure to be explored.

exactly there wasnt enough screen time for geralt-yen-ciri as a unit to underline the fact that they are indeed a family, its very much overshadowed/obscured by the need to go forward and solve the problem, we need to do this, we need to go there, this and that happened, etc etc etc, at the expense of.
i hope that at least one of the expansions would remedy that.

Agreed,Yen barely had any interactions with Ciri,which was pretty disappointing.

and make it yen-geralt exclusively, no need for triss to be there she did her part.
you can't do this.
All the Triss lovers would go on a rampage. Instead give them a happy derpy time in Kovir, sitting in their mansion, inviting people, eating cookies, drinking tea, having some silly flirting, you know that kind of shit those people desperately crave to. And we get our interessting adventure, some witcher cotnracts with Ciri accompanied by Yen and Geralt - everyone is happy!

Last edited:
you can't do this.
All the Triss lovers would go on a rampage. Instead give them a happy derpy time in Kovir, sitting in their mansion, inviting people, eating cookies, drinking tea, having some silly flirting, you know that kind of shit those people desperately crave to. And we get our interessting adventure, some witcher cotnracts with Ciri accompanied by Yen and Geralt - everyone is happy!

"Be careful what you wish for"
If that really happened, I'd lol so hard to the Triss fanboys hehe. But in all seriousness though, Triss deserves the attention equally.

But I see no harm if we get to see more Yennefer. Besides, that alternate outfit revealing socks is... quite tempting.

Where are the Yen's Club members?

Attachments

• yennefer_of_vengerberg_by_issyhitman-d8x7795.jpg
    yennefer_of_vengerberg_by_issyhitman-d8x7795.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 44
Still here. Seems like the forums have settled down some due to some strategic threadlocks by the moderators. Been reading the books myself and tempted to replay Witcher 2 before I start another play through in 3. Always enjoy the art you guys post though, what have you been up to?

Still here. Seems like the forums have settled down some due to some strategic threadlocks by the moderators. Been reading the books myself and tempted to replay Witcher 2 before I start another play through in 3. Always enjoy the art you guys post though, what have you been up to?

I'm replaying the game to collect all gwent cards =O

Praying and hoping for a new DLC involving Yennefer and Triss hahaha
Well, moving on with life. There's nothing much to do once you've completed the game, not a big fan of cards. Just checking the news once in a while for any good news or updates.

Hm, I am content to have Geralt persue Yen, because I want to see her after reading all the fan translations. Also Triss seems to be 10 years younger, and maybe 17 at best.

Will replay the game when I have a new monitor and a new PC.
My mid-range machine from 2009 did admirably. It did not even cover the minimum requirements yet gave me 40 fps with low-medium settings. But next time, I want it to be High-Ultra.

By then I hope more DLC and patches are released. I really want more Yen and Triss stuff (and Fringilla). But also would like more time with many other characters, and some post-ending game state.
Games evolve often after release. ESPECIALLY Witcher games. So I am hopeful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom