Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm back!

I was delayed by a weird bug which says the forums are down but Roche and his special forces will fix them soon (and that was a week ago). It's still down but my wife's computer works just fine.
turns out I have the same bug now :(
Though I can access the forums by directly typing the url of a topic into the browser.
:(

Now I can't find the control panel. The huge bar of icons above the logo is gone lool

Back to the topic... so, what do you think of Yen Alternate DLC vs Triss Alternate DLC? Not meant to start a anoher Yen vs Triss discussion but... just interested to listen to what Yen fanboys have to say about it :)

Now I can't find the control panel. The huge bar of icons above the logo is gone lool

Back to the topic... so, what do you think of Yen Alternate DLC vs Triss Alternate DLC? Not meant to start a anoher Yen vs Triss discussion but... just interested to listen to what Yen fanboys have to say about it :)

Comparing the DLC outfits, I do prefer Yennefers, but when it comes to actually using them, I like Yens default appearance better.

I don't think it matters, since it's just the look that is changed, nothing else.
Though I do like the alternative version better, because I don't like her buns.

I like both of Yen's looks. The classic and the Alternative. Both look great to me.

The new Triss outfit... too much... maybe if we got to see Lytta Neid at a court or had library fun with Fringilla... but not on Tris..

turns out I have the same bug now :(
Though I can access the forums by directly typing the url of a topic into the browser.
:(
That was happening to me too until I found out I could view some parts of the forums and not other more frequently visited ones. So I cleared my browser's cache and it's fine now.

I personally like Yen's alternative look more than the Triss one...

It isn't visible so much in the game but her dress has nice ornaments on the costume - I like that.

Yep. Thinking the same.
Yennefers looks definitely better.

the stockings not even mentioned ;D

Last edited:
Guys did you know that the great Yennefer voice actor - Belinda Cornish is married to Mark Meer (Commander Shepard)? :D didn't know that

I just posted my review of Blood of Elves, which has some Yennefer content.

Alas, not much for romancers but hopefully still pro-Yennefer.

http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/2015/06/blood-of-elves-review.html

I've mentioned before I'm not a huge fan of the Yennefer and Geralt romance. I think Sapkowski means for them to be a flawed but noble couple but, honestly, I just think they're toxic for one another and would be happier with other people. I, pretty much, prefer ever single other romance for Geralt to her (especially Triss). Despite this, I love Yennefer as a character and enjoyed her scenes with Ciri a great deal. Yennefer is a terrible mother-figure, mostly because she didn't go into it intending to be one at all, but her gradual warming to Ciri reminded me of Angelina Jolie's performance in Maleficent. Who, honestly, wouldn't be a bad pick for playing Yennefer in the imaginary super-big-budget adaptation of the series. Yennefer is a funny, engaging, and entertaining character who I would love to see in future Witcher games with or without Ciri and Geralt.

I just posted my review of Blood of Elves, which has some Yennefer content.

Alas, not much for romancers but hopefully still pro-Yennefer.

http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/2015/06/blood-of-elves-review.html

I've mentioned before I'm not a huge fan of the Yennefer and Geralt romance. I think Sapkowski means for them to be a flawed but noble couple but, honestly, I just think they're toxic for one another and would be happier with other people. I, pretty much, prefer ever single other romance for Geralt to her (especially Triss). Despite this, I love Yennefer as a character and enjoyed her scenes with Ciri a great deal. Yennefer is a terrible mother-figure, mostly because she didn't go into it intending to be one at all, but her gradual warming to Ciri reminded me of Angelina Jolie's performance in Maleficent. Who, honestly, wouldn't be a bad pick for playing Yennefer in the imaginary super-big-budget adaptation of the series. Yennefer is a funny, engaging, and entertaining character who I would love to see in future Witcher games with or without Ciri and Geralt.

But no Geralt means no nude sexy Yennefer :(
But in all seriousness though, yup she is a pretty interesting character that'll do well with or without Geralt.

Well, I've read all 46 pages and haven't seen anything about Yennefer and strange letters you can find in game. First one is from Vigo! And she is calling her a friend!!! I was really puzzled, and became worring that Yennefer didn't get her memory back or she was fooled by Nilfgard sorceres. And her strange behavior in the game was confirming my fears. Then I've found letter about djin... and again I was worried... it seems she didn't know why she was looking for him. She said like her obsession of djin is strange and she don't know why she kontinue to look for it. There is also a letter about Emgyr plans for lodge... and I think she is asking how she will handle consequences. There is nothing specific but I think Emgyr plan wasn't to free sorceress instead he was going to imprison them or worse and Yennefer didn't tell them truth. But I never learned what happend to them because I didn't killed Radovid. And there isn't any info about rest lodge after I finished game. So I have an impression that Yennefer has agreement with Emgyr but it's a bit different from what she is saying to lodge. What do you think about this? Also didn't you find strange that Fringila Vigo call Yennefer friend in that letter?

As for ingame image of Yennefer I see a quite a bit of bad decision from Reds. First of all it's Last Wish quest and whole djin thing. It's so wrong in many ways :( also I find it's strange that she force Geralt to help lodge. After what they have done to Ciri and her I don't think she will ever help any of them apart from Triss. This is also a big mistake from Reds. Well, only if her true agreement with Emgyr inclune enslavement of all lodge then I can understand her motives. She just use lodge to rescue Ciri and then betrays them as they refuse to help her when she was asking (I mean from books).

I can't really see Yennefer without Geralt because the endings are very bount to their destiny. But maybe a prequel, who knows :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom