Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Kevin Costner or Mads Mikkelsen as Geralt? Good choices, maestro. Approved! :)

I don't get why so many people want Mads for Geralt...Srsly I love this dude to pieces but he's too...Scandynavian? Doesn't fit at all imo.

Amd Kevin is well..too old unfortunately :( :D

Last edited:
I don't get why so many people want Mads for Geralt...Srsly I love this dude to pieces but he's too...Scandynavian? Doesn't fit at all imo.

Amd Kevin is well..too old unfortunately :( :D

Sapkowski wrote the books mostly in the 1990s. That was the time when he envisioned Costner for the role. Now he's too old...

View attachment 17996

...or maybe not.

View attachment 17997

And how's Mads not an almost perfect Geralt? ;)

View attachment 17995

Attachments

• web-mads-mikkelsen-michael-kohlhaas.jpg
    web-mads-mikkelsen-michael-kohlhaas.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 333
  • kevincostner1.jpg
    kevincostner1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 111
  • full_left_column_kevincostner-640x360.jpg
    full_left_column_kevincostner-640x360.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 88
Yeah, I think Kevin would be good actually...but in his younger days :D

As for Mads ..I dunno , I just don't see it. Also his accent would probably ruin things...we need to find an actor who looks like a game version of Geralt lmao

I have this problem with Mads that I can only see him as Hannibal

It's kind of sad, but I don't think Geralt is capable of a working relationship. And Yennefer is totally not the person who could have a working relationship (atleast not in the way the epilogue suggests).

This is something that always bothered me. In the books they repeatedly split up, sometimes for years, before getting back together again. I don't see anything really changed in their game characters that would bring me to expect a different result. Does anyone have a good theory for why it will be better this time around? Or are we ok with stormy breakups and reunions for the rest of Geralt's and Yen's lives?

This is something that always bothered me. In the books they repeatedly split up, sometimes for years, before getting back together again. I don't see anything really changed in their game characters that would bring me to expect a different result. Does anyone have a good theory for why it will be better this time around? Or are we ok with stormy breakups and reunions for the rest of Geralt's and Yen's lives?

I'd vote for the stormy relationship. They cannot live with each other for a longer time - but also not without each other for a longer time. It is how it is.

Does anyone have a good theory for why it will be better this time around? Or are we ok with stormy breakups and reunions for the rest of Geralt's and Yen's lives?

In my opinion Yennefer and Geralt relationship changed a lot after some events in the last 3 books in the Witcher saga. Did you read Lady of The Lake?

I'm pretty sure they can have the ending from the game - it is pretty much the same what Geralt wished in the books.

Last edited:
I'd vote for the stormy relationship. They cannot live with each other for a longer time - but also not without each other for a longer time. It is how it is.

Of course they can - this is exactly what happens at the end of the books and before events of W1.
The thing some folks don't seem to understand is that both Geralt and Yen go through a change. By the end of W3 they're both sick - Geralt is sick of being a witcher (actually he wanted to retire long time ago) and Yen is sick of politics. So them FINALLY wanting to get some damn peace in their life is a natural thing to do.

Of course they can - this is exactly what happens at the end of the books and before events of W1.
The thing some folks don't seem to understand is that both Geralt and Yen go through a change. By the end of W3 they're both sick - Geralt is sick of being a witcher (actually he wanted to retire long time ago) and Yen is sick of politics. So them FINALLY wanting to get some damn peace in their life is a natural thing to do.

They WANTED to do. But the books actually end before anything of that was actually conducted. Given their characters I think it wouldn't work for long. And I agree very much on the progression - I just don't think that people change on such a fundamental level. It's good that Sapkowski stopped the story at this very moment. He leaves it to our imagination. ;)

They WANTED to do. But the books actually end before anything of that was actually conducted. Given their characters I think it wouldn't work for long. And I agree very much on the progression - I just don't think that people change on such a fundamental level. It's good that Sapkowski stopped the story at this very moment. He leaves it to our imagination. ;)

Well, WANTING is a first (and most important?) step, is it not? ;) Also they're both getting older, not younger - that shit changes your perspective.

I agree with Gilthoniel - the Yen ending is a clear nod to the books and Geralt's wish from 'Time of Contempt' - this is exactly what he wished for in the future ---> copy-paste,even

Last edited:
Well, WANTING is a first (and most important?) step, is it not? ;) Also they're both getting older, not younger - that shit changes your perspective.

It does. But does it also change your character? In my experience people getting only "mentally less flexible" when they get older... ;)

I just can't imagine Geralt and Yennefer living together, doing exactly what? Nothing? Playing dice poker all day long? Geralts hates cities and Yennefer loves them. They just don't "socially" fit no matter what although they love each other. It's complicated and hence so good... :peace:

Originally Posted by xxgwxx
Do we know what happened to him later in the books? I can't remember...
No,his fate is unknown.Though i think he was mentioned once by Sile

Would have been great if Istredd showed up in Novigrad or Oxenfurt chased by witchhunters and Geralt had to decide whether to save him. I like to think Geralt is the forgiving type...

Last edited:
Would have been great if Istredd showed up in Novigrad or Oxenfurt chased by witchhunters and Geralt had to decide whether to save him. I like to think Geralt is the forgiving type...

I think he would eventually save him. Or at least try to...that would show him who's a 'bigger' man :D

Would have been great if he showed up in Novigrad or Oxenfurt chased by witchhunters and Geralt had to decide whether to save him. I like to think Geralt is the forgiving type...

What's there to forgive?Istredd was Yen's lover before Geralt.It's Geralt who should ask Istredd's forgivness for ruining his relationship with Yen.

Last edited:
I just can't imagine Geralt and Yennefer living together, doing exactly what? Nothing? Playing dice poker all day long? Geralts hates cities and Yennefer loves them. They just don't "socially" fit no matter what although they love each other. It's complicated and hence so good...
Heh, a "boring" life they wanted for long time. Actually they won't live in a city, so both are happy and yeah that's what they wanted. Books ended before they settled, but yeah it's all to our immagination and to what Geralt wished for (and Yen was okay with that).

:rolleyes:

---------- Updated at 12:26 AM ----------

Lol, great idea. I wanted to meet him.

Heh, a "boring" life they wanted for long time. Actually they won't live in a city, so both are happy and yeah that's what they wanted. Books ended before they settled, but yeah it's all to our immagination and to what Geralt wished for (and Yen was okay with that).

:rolleyes:

Well, wishes and how reality turns out won't always concur. Life is so damn complex and hard... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom