Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you read that one of the scenes that got cut out from the game was one in KM where Geralt was preparing a meal for Yen while she was dealing with Uma? I wonder what would that be :D

Also why, CDPR, why would you cut this out

It's a shame that all of JustAnor's witcher art has a big ugly watermark in the middle of all her pictures

Did you read that one of the scenes that got cut out from the game was one in KM where Geralt was preparing a meal for Yen while she was dealing with Uma? I wonder what would that be :D

Also why, CDPR, why would you cut this out

Where did you hear this :p ?

Also, why not make another topic "Yenart" or something.

Though I guess we already dissected the storylines and characters in the first 80 pages anyway...

Though I guess we already dissected the storylines and characters in the first 80 pages anyway...

I guess this one topic is enough :...why not to post fan arts and screenshots here...:ok:

---------- Updated at 08:38 AM ----------

I think these cosplayers really captured the "first meeting" part from The Last Wish book very well :D

Where did you hear this :p ?

It was posted on reddit,here's some dialogue:
0x0008375e ## Brought some food.
0x00083760 ## Good, I'm famished… Geralt… I cannot leave his side… Would you prepare me something?
0x00083761 ## What would you like?
0x00083762 ## I'm lousy with food…
0x00083764 ## I'm not great with food…
0x00083766 ## I know that all too well. When we lived in Aedd Gynvael, you tried to make soft-boiled eggs once. Forgot to add water.
0x00083768 ## Got lost in thought…
0x0008376a ## More like distracted. By me.
0x0008376c ## Mhm… Still got that nightdress?
0x0008376e ## Geralt… We've drifted off the topic at hand. I'm hungry. So hungry I don't care how badly you cook.
0x00083773 ## All right. Anything in particular strike your fancy?
0x00083774 ## Something light. Scrambled eggs, perhaps? Or an omelet if you wish to spoil me. With onions, mushrooms and peppers.
0x00083776 ## Ummmma…
0x00083779 ## Thanks.
0x0008378c ## Oh, decided to put in the effort… Thank you.
0x0008378e ## I get a gratuity for that?
0x00083790 ## Later, perhaps…
0x00083792 ## Scrambled eggs, after all.
0x00083794 ## Sorry… didn't feel up to any real cooking.

It was posted on reddit,here's some dialogue:
0x0008375e ## Brought some food.
0x00083760 ## Good, I'm famished… Geralt… I cannot leave his side… Would you prepare me something?
0x00083761 ## What would you like?
0x00083762 ## I'm lousy with food…
0x00083764 ## I'm not great with food…
0x00083766 ## I know that all too well. When we lived in Aedd Gynvael, you tried to make soft-boiled eggs once. Forgot to add water.
0x00083768 ## Got lost in thought…
0x0008376a ## More like distracted. By me.
0x0008376c ## Mhm… Still got that nightdress?
0x0008376e ## Geralt… We've drifted off the topic at hand. I'm hungry. So hungry I don't care how badly you cook.
0x00083773 ## All right. Anything in particular strike your fancy?
0x00083774 ## Something light. Scrambled eggs, perhaps? Or an omelet if you wish to spoil me. With onions, mushrooms and peppers.
0x00083776 ## Ummmma…
0x00083779 ## Thanks.
0x0008378c ## Oh, decided to put in the effort… Thank you.
0x0008378e ## I get a gratuity for that?
0x00083790 ## Later, perhaps…
0x00083792 ## Scrambled eggs, after all.
0x00083794 ## Sorry… didn't feel up to any real cooking.

Man, would have loved to have seen this conversation play out.

Makes me wonder...did we miss out on an awesome cooking mini-game where we get to make an omelet for Yen?:hmm:

Last edited:
Just want to say that I am a fan of the Witcher universe mostly cause of that gorgeous love story of Geralt and Yennefer.
It's something I can't say I want to have in my own life but I really adore it. Their love is a great inspiration for me.
The best and the most powerful love in the whole fantasy world.
Always tried to avoid Triss in all the games cause Merigold has got human traits I really hate in women: mendacity, treachery and cowardice.
But like we know trissteam cares only about cute smiles, fake comfort and tits.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think is is only about the inconsistency which I agree with. If they would put more Triss content over Yen - it wouldn't be fair and I really hope this isn't the case.

Just remember #ShaniTeam. Poor people found Geralt in the bed with Triss in The Witcher II and Shani was just kicked away. That was really unfair
In "Wild Hunt" we just have a "close-to-books" story where Triss was only a supporting role. But these guys are unhappy they need their goddess more. Don't want to judge them but don't want to have CDPR changing the world of the game just because some people want something with no sense but "I (John Smith) love Trees".
Kinda "I love Dandelion. Pls change the game, want to flirt with him and make my Geralt homosexual. I don't care about plot, about scenario I just want to have it"

Last edited:
I think is is only about the inconsistency which I agree with. If they would put more Triss content over Yen - it wouldn't be fair and I really hope this isn't the case.

Thank you, i am overjoyed at that news, but i quickly wanted to mention that the devs said it was about the consequences of that choice, so it would mainly affect those who chose Triss, in terms of those choosing Yen well it shouldn't affect them in any negative way. Anyway i found this fan-art which i thought i would share.

But that's exactly what you're doing by calling people horny teenagers and trissfags. Either stop or your going away from this forum for quite some time.

This is my second and last warning.

Roger, sir. Time to be cool-headed and edit it.

Eh, some more Triss content in the latter section of the game wouldn't be bad.

But I'd love some more Yennefer content too.

Especially Yen and Ciri.

This is the core combination of relationships that deserves more content and polishing. Ciri, Geralt and Yennefer.

It's so out of place to be a minority in this, or at least it feels that way.

too many touching fanart here...

Yeah, a little bit too much recently, fan art every now and then is fine, but there is a whole forum section dedicated to fan art :)

The more I look at Yen's default outfit, the more i prefer it to the DLC one. It's just so...classy?

It's also appropriate for travel, except the high heels boots, they are questionable at least.

A bit off topic but since almost all here familiar with the book, I have got some questions which was posted on the other group but has no reply so far.. so my questions
I put it as spoiler tag for those who do not wish to know the books

Hi guys, I just finished all books except season of storms which I understand the fan translation is yet completed.

I can say by playing the game first it actually helps a lot for me to visualize the story. The faces, voices and movement of the characters easily imagined while reading it. Now a few things I don't quite understand
1. How and why Coen fought in battle of brenna?
2. Geralt and shani relationship, were there more information other than that one time they got caught by dandellion?
3. Why did Yennefer and Ciri they had to talk to the lodge? I felt they were in control of their fate by that time (except wild hunt of course)?
4. I still don't get how did yennefer came up with the idea of going to the last place pavetta was seen. Looking for clues? Or she already knew about it and just planning to straight to Vilgefortz and fight him there? (which is stupid and worse than geralt in my opinion)

Hope some of you who are more accomplished reader can help me with these questions. Thanks!

1. Can't remember right now, bad luck?
2. No, it was just that.
3. They wanted to hear what the Lodge was offering, why and for what, similiar to what happened in Witcher 3. The Lodge even offered Ciri a "full membership".
4. It was the only clue, if i remember correctly, so she went off to investigate it of course. Geralt on the other hand just goes south without any actual plan.

---------- Updated at 12:42 PM ----------

About the on/off relationship, do you really think this will be any different with any other woman? It's not like Yennefer is always the one leaving the relationship, on the contrary it's Geralt, sometimes even for utterly stupid things like "i don't want to live at the same place too long", really?

Or look at how he "handles" other relationships to other women like Essi or Coral or Fringilla or Triss. Why the heck does he leave her between Witcher 2 and 3? Because he ran away and he got his memories back, just Geralt things. Why confront the problems of a relationship, if running away is easier.

Don't be surprised if this eventually happens. CDPR has now shown that a certain group will get a preferential treatment as long as they sperg out hard and long enough, regardless of whether there are actually bigger problems to fix or not. PS4 running at 25 fps? Broken difficulty curve? Total lack of interactivity between ALL characters in Act 3? Nah the main issue discussed at the team meetings is the Triss content.

And they will sperg out again the moment this "fix" gets released, because now that they smelled blood, not even 2 or 3 or 5 more hours of Triss will be enough.

So expect CDPR to eventually pour even more resources into "fixing" Triss, at the expense of everything and everyone else. They set themselves on a dangerous downwards spiral which has already fucked up few other companies.

Last edited:
Oh, yeah, i also read that they are approaching the "problem", but people shouldn't expect now 60minutes more of Triss (or Yen) doing cutey things.

I would rather expect that we will have more dialogues with her or better both to explain or talk about the situation, not just about the relationship, but also in general, about the world, Ciri, the past and so on. It also doesn't automatically mean it will be everything happy, on the contrary i expect that we also get the chance to make finally a clear statement.
I mean you can break Yennefer's heart by saying that you don't feel the way anymore she does

, but i can't remember being able to say Triss that this (Witcher 1 until now) was all just a misunderstanding. Triss is actually doing that favour for Geralt, she is the one thinking this won't work out, but you can convince her the other way. It's in my opinion actually quite good, as you can fight for her.

I could also imagine that a lot of people aren't happy with how the game dealt with Triss in general, but not like the mass here and there sees it, but in a rather more critical way, but they can't share or express their opinion, because then the mob will tear them apart.

I like Triss, i am sucker for all sorceresses to be honest, but i don't like her the way she likes Geralt, i really, really want to say that to her, because Geralt won't ever do that on its own and it's better to end a relationship for final than keeping her hanging forever. Just remember how he "successfully" declines Triss' advances in the books.

I also want to challenge Yennefer, not just piss her off, so she will teleport me above a lake, but beating her with her own methods with witty comments or teasing her until she shows more of her real character than just the hard outer shell.

Don't be surprised if this eventually happens. CDPR has now shown that a certain group will get a preferential treatment as long as they sperg out hard and long enough, regardless of whether there are actually bigger problems to fix or not. And they will sperg out again the moment this "fix" gets released, because now that they smelled blood, not even 2 or 3 or 5 more hours of Triss will be enough.

So expect CDPR to eventually pour even more resources into "fixing" Triss, at the expense of everything and everyone else.

To be honest this would be the worst case in my opinion, as this is just providing fanservice for the sake of it.

I said it several times already, but The Witcher doesn't need dates.

Just to clarify, my previous post was not aimed at the Trissfans, it's about the precedent CDPR sets up for themselves and for all the future games they make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom