Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So here we are even close to conclusion that we have not enough Yen content too. GG.
No family scenes: Geralt, Yen and Ciri (Avallac'h's lab scene is pretty grey)
The only one moment of tender before final battle ("Let's leave it together far away after victory") even without a kiss.
No more new dialouges with Yen (only the same lines about Wild Hunt)
So mostly Yennefer after KM battle looks empty too.

So If we will spam like mad too CDPR will hear us and add more Yennefer content?
Cool.

No family scenes: Geralt, Yen and Ciri (Avallac'h's lab scene is pretty grey)

Well, if you ask me CDPR pretty much nailed Yen's relationship and "dealing" with Geralt why they totally missed the same thing in the portrayal of her relationship with Ciri.

1) Scene in Kaer Morhen where they see each other for the first time.
-> out of character reaction by Yennefer (book readers might remember how they acted in a similar scene in castle Stygga...)

2) Scene in Avallac'h's lab when Geralt allows Ciri to destroy the lab
-> again out of character reaction by Yennefer

Out of curiosity. What would Yens character reaction have been?

She would tell Ciri that this is not how a sorceress should act. That such a childish behaviour is not suited for of a woman and especially not suited for a sorceress. ;)

That she just stays in the background, sardonically smiling and not saying anything at all, is so not Yennefer...

In "the Lady of the Lake" their relations as a family with each other were very tender.
"Mother...daughter...I love you both the most...Ciri from Vergenberg...etc. etc."

So yeah, I agree that our dear devs missed something important not about them as separate characters but about them as a family.
Thnx they didnt put in Triss as a Ciri's mother but just one scene before the final battle with GeraltYenCiri would be heartwarming.

So If we will spam like mad too CDPR will hear us and add more Yennefer content?
Cool.

Well, i do hope that they read this thread as well, especially since we don't generate 100 pages per day, so it's easier to follow up :)

To be honest the recent days/weeks weren't exactly enjoyable, just look at the amount of threads regarding problems (politics, import choices, the antagonist and so on) and then we have here a Yen-thread, where people are mostly happy with how it turned out. This is one of the few threads i actually look forward to read, because it's refreshing to read positive things about the game and not just complaints about it.

But of course the critics are the loudest, so they get the most attention...

Well, i do hope that they read this thread as well, especially since we don't generate 100 pages per day, so it's easier to follow up :)

To be honest the recent days/weeks weren't exactly enjoyable, just look at the amount of threads regarding problems (politics, import choices, the antagonist and so on) and then we have here a Yen-thread, where people are mostly happy with how it turned out. This is one of the few threads i actually look forward to read, because it's refreshing to read positive things about the game and not just complaints about it.

But of course the critics are the loudest, so they get the most attention...

I found it really funny that mostly their ultraspam thread of love and passion to Triss Merigold controls by few same people so yeah...just spam hard, put a link at every yenfans forum at every community and...profit. Silly and childish but amusingly and cool.

Well spoken Kallelinski.

But i think they follow this thread as well.... but secretly, silent and quit .
Maybe they have a surprise in future for us as well.

No need to start spamming as hell.
This will only show this thread in another light.... i don't want to be a part of it .

Btw,
Mods doesn't have to intervene here, and that's actually good.

Well, it's okay to criticize, maybe even a must-do, It's just feedback.

I also don't like some things (e.g. politics or the situation with the sorceres), but if you just repeat and repeat and repeat the same phrase, the same critique it's getting childish.
Like a child in a super market crying, screaming, rolling on the floor until the mother gives in and buys him his ice cream, and this "victory" kinda feels like that. Just because enough people made enough ruckus, they gave in.

I also don't like some things with Yennefer, but many already posted that or i already wrote it, so why should i repeat what i or others already wrote? I will just give them a REDpoint, because they have a point and that should suffice. The best thing people can do is actually talk about the problems and offer solutions and not just whine about it.

For instance the ending, it's really loose, how could they improve it?

One of the ideas was that Geralt and Yennefer make Kaer Morhen their new home.

It's remotely
They won't be involved in political matters anymore
They can do what they want there
Maybe offer training, sword and magic

I think this would help much more than "the ending sucked, change it."

I would really like Yen and Geralt to tidy up Kaer Morhen. I would love that :p !

Even as a multi-stage quest bringing the old fortress to its former glory AND making it a nice home. Or at least tiding it up and making a cottage near it.

Both interesting gameplay mechanics, as well as character interaction. And lore-friendly all in all.

Well... modders will do it. But I would like to see CDPR make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom