Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to collect all the conversations between Triss-Geralt and Yen-Geralt, and compare those which woman treated him with such disrespect.

Example: Ciri and Geralt have arrived back to Novigrad after the battle against witches and Imrelith.

Triss's reaction like: HOW DARE YOU TO RISK HER (Ciri) LIFE?!!
Yen's reaction like: Why should I be angry? You were with her and together you won.

It shows which woman REALLY trusts Geralt and knows him.

Last edited:
To be honest i kinda feel like this topic/issue here is gonna be neglected in the long run despite its activity, since everywhere a RED is watching or even responding except here.

This is the last game of Geralt, but only the first game with Yennefer and Ciri despite their history with 8 books(!), yet it feels like everybody is just concerned about how to fix the romance with Triss and what do the others get? Nothing? Do we also get improvements? Changes? More content? Responses? Any kind of reaction?

What about those who are way more interested in the politics and less in the ladies? I met a lot of people here in the last two years, who doesn't care at all about the women in the game. They also have huge problems with the game, but it looks like many people are solely interested in Triss than anything else from the game, like that's the only thing that matters.

Why did nobody start a petition, when Triss was missing 2/3 of the game in Witcher 2? After act 1 she was gone until the very end of the game, maybe there was no need to do so, because there was no competition for her, Shani was gone and Yennefer still missing, how is that fair?

Also people act like the game despite the relationship to Triss in such a bad light, it didn't at all, if you ask me. I even wished they would have shown more of the bad side than just her angel side again, but some people even deny that she has done anything wrong like ever. Even exploiting Geralt's amnesia is considered harmless and cute by some people, even by the game itself! Like it's not a big deal, but it should be a huge deal.

If i look around it looks like Triss had even gained quite a lot of fans despite all those so called issues in the game, how is that even possible then? People are blaming the game for favouring Yennefer, but polls and community activites show that it is indeed 50:50.

At the same time people criticize that Yennefer gets so much more screen time despite missing for 2 full games, how is that fair?

Yennefer does get nothing positive from anyone anywhere anytime in the game, everywhere she only gets criticized, blamed and insulted, how is that fair for her? She never had any evil intention or ulteriors motives.
A character many people love gets endless criticized not only in the game, but also here in the forums.

We here are already trying to clear up misunderstandings about her, but for many it's easier to just see the devil in her just like many do in the game.

The whole game depicts her in such a bad light, but most people here in this thread don't care about that, because they know better and they are just happy that they can finally see her in the last game. Our expectations were so low that we were already happy about that, about her sheer appearance.

There are problems with Triss' integrity, yes, but just like with everything/one else, yet everybody treats her like the special snowflake that needs the most attention now and i am sitting here, already happy to just finally see Geralt, Ciri and Yennefer together as a family (for like 5 minutes of 100 hours gametime) after such a long time and almost get the feeling that i have to be sorry about that small enjoyment. That is just not fair.

I like Triss just like almost everybody here, if i didn't know Yennefer, maybe i would even go for her, but i think this unequal treatment in the previous 2 games and now the special treating is just unfair, not for me, because i can live with that, because i know it better than the game depicts it, but it's unfair for Yen's character.

If there is such a TeamYen at CDPR, i kinda feel like they were the most quiet ones so far. Having more guns, but aren't allowed to use them :sad:

sigh, now i made another negative comment....at least let me end this post with something more enjoyable, looking at such great cosplay :)

http://alberti.deviantart.com/art/Yennefer-test-409211596

http://idragonss.deviantart.com/art/Lovers-on-the-sun-535126540

This sums it up perfectly. Can someone send CDPR a letter with this quote?

The funniest thing is, what about those players who chose Shani in W1, and chose not to romance Triss is W2? I actually have a saved game of this, and I still get into shit for being abused by Triss at the beginning on W1.

One line of dialogue with Yen, where she can show appreciation for Geralt not giving in to the obsessed redheaded vixen would've been nice.

^It was posted before but it is a great art work, although her hair isn't black - it is from the same guy who won the art competition (he is Yen fan btw.)

To be honest i kinda feel like this topic/issue here is gonna be neglected in the long run despite its activity, since everywhere a RED is watching or even responding except here.

This is the last game of Geralt, but only the first game with Yennefer and Ciri despite their history with 8 books(!), yet it feels like everybody is just concerned about how to fix the romance with Triss and what do the others get? Nothing? Do we also get improvements? Changes? More content? Responses? Any kind of reaction?

What about those who are way more interested in the politics and less in the ladies? I met a lot of people here in the last two years, who doesn't care at all about the women in the game. They also have huge problems with the game, but it looks like many people are solely interested in Triss than anything else from the game, like that's the only thing that matters.

Why did nobody start a petition, when Triss was missing 2/3 of the game in Witcher 2? After act 1 she was gone until the very end of the game, maybe there was no need to do so, because there was no competition for her, Shani was gone and Yennefer still missing, how is that fair?

Also people act like the game despite the relationship to Triss in such a bad light, it didn't at all, if you ask me. I even wished they would have shown more of the bad side than just her angel side again, but some people even deny that she has done anything wrong like ever. Even exploiting Geralt's amnesia is considered harmless and cute by some people, even by the game itself! Like it's not a big deal, but it should be a huge deal.

If i look around it looks like Triss had even gained quite a lot of fans despite all those so called issues in the game, how is that even possible then? People are blaming the game for favouring Yennefer, but polls and community activites show that it is indeed 50:50.

At the same time people criticize that Yennefer gets so much more screen time despite missing for 2 full games, how is that fair?

Yennefer does get nothing positive from anyone anywhere anytime in the game, everywhere she only gets criticized, blamed and insulted, how is that fair for her? She never had any evil intention or ulteriors motives.
A character many people love gets endless criticized not only in the game, but also here in the forums.

We here are already trying to clear up misunderstandings about her, but for many it's easier to just see the devil in her just like many do in the game.

The whole game depicts her in such a bad light, but most people here in this thread don't care about that, because they know better and they are just happy that they can finally see her in the last game. Our expectations were so low that we were already happy about that, about her sheer appearance.

There are problems with Triss' integrity, yes, but just like with everything/one else, yet everybody treats her like the special snowflake that needs the most attention now and i am sitting here, already happy to just finally see Geralt, Ciri and Yennefer together as a family (for like 5 minutes of 100 hours gametime) after such a long time and almost get the feeling that i have to be sorry about that small enjoyment. That is just not fair.

I like Triss just like almost everybody here, if i didn't know Yennefer, maybe i would even go for her, but i think this unequal treatment in the previous 2 games and now the special treating is just unfair, not for me, because i can live with that, because i know it better than the game depicts it, but it's unfair for Yen's character.

If there is such a TeamYen at CDPR, i kinda feel like they were the most quiet ones so far. Having more guns, but aren't allowed to use them :sad:

sigh, now i made another negative comment....at least let me end this post with something more enjoyable, looking at such great cosplay :)

http://alberti.deviantart.com/art/Yennefer-test-409211596

http://idragonss.deviantart.com/art/Lovers-on-the-sun-535126540

Great post. I feel you in every word. Glad (?) to see that I'm not the only one who almost feels guilty for being a Yen fan. Yet none of us fans complained about W1 and W2 not having the slightest Yennefer presence, because we knew it was all plot-related. Now, I'm happy to see Yen, Ciri and Geralt in the game, like you I had low expectations so what I saw generally pleased me, but that doesn't mean all is perfect and well built, as we already said, you in particular, so I'm not gonna repeat it (not like... other... threads where if you don't talk about the ingame version of these ladies you're a bad user places).

So yeah I'm happy to see Yen in the game. I remember how I couldn't wait to reach Skellige to see her. After all the hard (but pleasant) work in Novigrad it was refreshing to finally meet her.

^It was posted before but it is a great art work, although her hair isn't black - it is from the same guy who won the art competition (he is Yen fan btw.)

Ah ok, good to know. Sry for double posting it.
Hmm, i think the best Arts are already fished out :D.

Example: Ciri and Geralt had arrived back to Novigrad after the battle against witches and Imrelith.

Triss's reaction like: HOW DARE YOU TO RISK HER (Ciri) LIFE?!!
Yen's reaction like: Why should I be angry? You were with her and together you won.

It shows how each woman REALLY trusts Geralt and knows him.

Even if Triss trust Geralt's ability to handle Imlerith, she still nervous and scare about the possibility of Geralt and Ciri get killed. Yeah she exaggerate a bit but immediately back down when Geralt explain about the situation

But i must admit Yen reaction to Ciri's decision really cool. What done is done, no need to lecture you, what matter is you stay by Ciri side, kill Imlerith and come back ;)

Even if Triss trust Geralt's ability to handle Imlerith, she still nervous and scare about the possibility of Geralt and Ciri get killed. Yeah she exaggerate a bit but immediately back down when Geralt explain about the situation

When Yennefer acts nervous people mark her evilvilerude beatch
When Triss acts nervous people mark her nice and caring cause she just "scare"

Well, in this one, she really looks evil. I would not recommend it, to make her angry
Never forget Yarpen Zigrin experience:

'I came across her at the market in Gors Velen,' he recounted. 'She barely noticed me — she spat like a she-cat and insulted my deceased mother horribly. I fled for all I was worth, but she shouted after me that she'd catch up with me one day and make grass grow out of my arse.'

[SUB]Blood of Elves[/SUB]

I think the "storm" pic is from the scene in the books, before Thanned events, when she was chasing Ciri when she fled from her and Margarita and casted a spell on Wild Hunt, what was after Ciri. At least this pic resembles that scene a lot.

Never forget Yarpen Zigrin experience:

'I came across her at the market in Gors Velen,' he recounted. 'She barely noticed me — she spat like a she-cat and insulted my deceased mother horribly. I fled for all I was worth, but she shouted after me that she'd catch up with me one day and make grass grow out of my arse.'

[SUB]Blood of Elves[/SUB]
And no Zoltan/Yennefer interaction in the game:(
If I would have to improve one thing regarding Yennefer it would be interactions between her and other main characters. Yennefer/Ciri is the most obvious one, but also with Triss and Dandelion (they also have some history in the books).

And no Zoltan/Yennefer interaction in the game:(
If I would have to improve one thing regarding Yennefer it would be interactions between her and other main characters. Yennefer/Ciri is the most obvious one, but also with Triss and Dandelion (they also have some history in the books).

Yes,it would've been nice if she had interactions with the people who actually like her,instead of hearing those horribe insults all the time :crybaby:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom