Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, i just read that now. The scene at Kaer Morhen is a video clip, so no free cam mode possible during it :(

I am at page 240 now....

Thanks - your Unicorn gifs are superb ;)

btw. you still didn't read the dev responses? :) He also answered some questions about Yennefer and Ciri today :)

I read the books a long time before the games existed :p :p

I did re-read them in 2013 though.

We do complain more. And with good reason. Does not mean we dont love the games though.
I see games as the 8th art form. That type of logic you described makes me sad both for literature and gaming :(

That's why I'm not that big of a fan of inter-media stuff. I like my games, my books, my movies. But in most cases it's imho best if people make new IPs for each of them...

Yen's fan? in CDPR? well, the true reallity is that if we take TW3 as a standalone game, with no previous TW2 and TW1, Triss is a sweet sugar in danger and Yen a cold bitch who cares for a ashen haired girl named... mmm.. what...? Oh Yes Ciri!
Some people want more Triss than Yen? what a surprise... 8 years of redhair wither icon cannot be forgotten by a "I need the best hunt tracker!

Sorry if I seems to rough, I' rather to express myself freely in Spanish for writing clearly what is wrong . it's not the game, it's not the choices, it's not the characters... It's trying to bring the most important woman en Geralt's life for competing against a Playboy media redhair. Not Yen neither Triss deserve this treatment. Both are great women and it's sad if the writers of the story (Yen's fan?) introduce her from zero in front the Female Star of the two previous games and 8 years showing her in the media as The Witcher's Saga Girl.

Only is needed to read the big majority of posts of why "some people want more Triss than Yen"

That's why I'm not that big of a fan of inter-media stuff. I like my games, my books, my movies. But in most cases it's imho best if people make new IPs for each of them...

Then we should agree to disagree.

I like remediation between mediums. IF done well. I think it can add to both the impact of the given work of art AND maybe to its depth.
Hmmm you read Metro 2033?

Better and worse...

Better because you have much more information and context and proably a higher emotional attachment to some characters.

Worse because you realize all the unnecessary and most often bad changes to the lore, a ton of unused potential and just Sapkowski's narrative superiority

Knowing more isn't always only a good thing. ;)

Totally agree. I dont like what they did with Demawend, reducing him so much, changing 180 degree from a reasonable king to the worst ruler. Erendin potential was huge, but CDPR did nothing to make him interesting for non book readers. The worst is totally absence of "fake" Ciri in Nilfgaard. Yes, there is a lot of thing CD Project Red could done better, but still every single witcher game for me is incredible. Just having the ability to play as Geralt in the witcher world on your computer is a fantastic experience for me.

Yen's fan? in CDPR? well, the true reallity is that if we take TW3 as a standalone game, with no previous TW2 and TW1, Triss is a sweet sugar in danger and Yen a cold bitch who cares for a ashen haired girl named... mmm.. what...? Oh Yes Ciri!
Some people want more Triss than Yen? what a surprise... 8 years of redhair wither icon cannot be forgotten by a "I need the best hunt tracker!

Sorry if I seems to rough, I' rather to express myself freely in Spanish for writing clearly what is wrong . it's not the game, it's not the choices, it's not the characters... It's trying to bring the most important woman en Geralt's life for competing against a Playboy media redhair. Not Yen neither Triss deserve this treatment. Both are great women and it's sad if the writers of the story (Yen's fan?) introduce her from zero in front the Female Star of the two previous games and 8 years showing her in the media as The Witcher's Saga Girl.

Only is needed to read the big majority of posts of why "some people want more Triss than Yen"

We need a Yen version of this. And a Konrad one...

GET ON IT KALLELINSKI!!! 1!!

Seriously, I don't know if i can do that yet. Still too much of an amateur, still figuring out what all those buttons do in sony vegas :D

Thanks - your Unicorn gifs are superb ;)

btw. you still didn't read the dev responses? :) He also answered some questions about Yennefer and Ciri today :)

Not yet, but i read the reactions to my post now, thanks for that. Good to know i am not the only one.

When i finish 1 page, you already wrote 5 new ones :p

I try to keep up with the new post, while reading the older ones at the same time, but look at the clock, it's almost 10pm again, haven't even eaten anything this evening yet :s

Konrad The Yenfan is the biggest guy who worked on TW3. We have some real power :2guns:

I'd like to hear Sapkowski's yell opinion about Triss being TW videogame saga icon BASED on his beautiful books and characters like Yen or Ciri. Poor guy...

Last edited:

I have to say i very much like the CD Red approach of setting a game series in an alternate future based on a book series, so the inter media approach in this instance doesn't bother me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom