Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• vagina.jpg
    vagina.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 228
Replying to this here, since it seems like a more appropriate place to discuss it -- Triss was asleep, Geralt was the one who woke her up by caressing her. People seem to keep forgetting the purpose of the amnesia (Which was giving Geralt a different point of view on everything) including his love-interest.

This is a way to create emotional bond on the first screen. Likewise do they on the W3 with Yennefer.

Seriously. How did she fully enjoy Lady of the Lake, chapter 9, without reading A Question of Price? How did she fully undertand Geralt's character without reading all Voice of Reason chapters? (not to mention that subtle hint about Geralt's mother in one of them). And Sword of Destiny? (well without reading a Question of Price... she couldn't enjoy it either). And... and...

See? There's no djinn wish.

I will tell you how: ignore my book collection, buy .pdf files, then press CTRL + F and write "Yennefer". I'm not kidding.

Fuck my life. Kill me please. I want to die.

While all this is true, you missed the crucial part - what the fuck is Triss doing in that tent? Filth She shouldn't be there
in the first place if you didn't romance her in TW1 etc. It's not even the romance that is forced, it's her dirty pressence.

It's because you do not know, Geralt had two amnesias, one in W1, so he chose Shani, and had another amnesia and chose Triss.

3) People who read the books after playing first two or all the games and romancing Triss

This is the worst kind and their posts are so fucking painful to read. Sometimes I wish I could just erase my memory.

The fact that Djinn's can't create love is a fairly common knowledge, not only in Sapkowski's literature... Deal with it.

Yeah, pretty much 100% that it wasn't a wish involving "love". Starting to think it was something like to be together until they die of old age. Most important part of the wish was that it would prevent the djinn from killing her, and he also wanted to have something that would bring them together because he already had strong feelings for her but didn't know how to go about getting her to drop her guard a bit and warm up to him.

Not really. I'm not a big fan of either of them. It's just annoying when some Yen fans state their opinions as facts and arrogantly discard other intepretations by writing something like " even a friends 13 years old daughter understands it better".

I'm sorry I just cannot understand the comments like "their love was only because of the Djinn spell" - to say that after reading all books...:shock:... but you are right about the "fact" word I shouldn't use that.

Btw. the Witcher Saga club in my country has 432 members.

You can laugh now.

On the one hand i really love The Last Wish in the game, on the other hand i really hate it, because it can support the idea that the wish was for love and not to save her life. If you affirm that nothing changed, The Last Wish is completely lore-friendly, but if you deny, it is lore-breaking.

Wishing for love wouldn't have saved her life, but that was the very point of the wish, to save her life, but to do that, Geralt needed to protect her from the djinn's wrath and not force her to fall in love with him. The djinn would have fulfilled his wish and then kill her nonetheless, how is that helping at all?

As I and many others already said the wish itself isn't even mentioned later anymore, because that's how important it is later on. The Last Wish (chapter) was the beginning of their relationship and not their foundation. Even the priest says it literally:
'It's not that simple,' the priest pondered.
'But if . . . If he expressed the right wish ... If he somehow tied his fate to the fate . . . No, I don't think it would occur to him. And it's probably better that it doesn't.'

But why do i even bother to explain...it only falls on deaf ears, it was always like that.

@MsTriss you are correct, of course, but for us who romanced Shani on first game seeing Geralt in bed with Triss on TW2 beginning was, Imo, far worst than any problems Triss romance has in TW3.

That was a forced romance. That's why, while I understand Triss romance isn't as good as Yennefer, I have some trouble seeing why Triss fans deserve a treatment better than Shani fans had.

Yeah, pretty much 100% that it wasn't a wish involving "love". Starting to think it was something like to be together until they die of old age. Most important part of the wish was that it would prevent the djinn from killing her, and he also wanted to have something that would bring them together because he already had strong feelings for her but didn't know how to go about getting her to drop her guard a bit and warm up to him.

It had to "tie their fates together" which is very vague. It's pretty much the same exact connection that he has to Ciri: no matter how far away from each other or how long they've been apart, they always end up finding each other. The only difference is the method used to bind their fates. With Ciri it was the Law of Surprise, and with Yennefer it was a djinn. In neither case was he compelled to love or care for them.

People who haven't read the stories don't know this but Geralt randomly ran into Ciri on three separate occasions before taking her in, and she was his "reward" both of times that he evoked the Law of Surprise. Destiny is a very powerful force in the Witcher,

Last edited:
:disgust:CIRI my little SIS - I'm coming - I will help you from this black evil...let me focus....1...2...3... BUUUUUUUUUURN you vindictive biaaaaatch!

:happy2:Thank you big SIS - you are the best!
Good guy Triss purging Yennefer with the holy fire so Radovid wont have to.

---------- Updated at 01:26 AM ----------

This one?

How the hell do you inherit political instinct?

---------- Updated at 01:45 AM ----------

The difference between tumblr people and youtube/facebook people.

Youtube and facebook
"I just came back and she teleports me to the fuckin* lake?!! What a b*tch"

Tumblr
"Guys if Yennefer gets pissed at Geralt she literally teleports you miles away,above a lake, and drops you in it. She's literally the best."
Exactly why I ignore everything tumblr has to say.

---------- Updated at 01:49 AM ----------

3) People who read the books after playing first two or all the games and romancing Triss

This is the worst kind and their posts are so fucking painful to read. Sometimes I wish I could just erase my memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom