Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt section is it not? Speaking of which, I think you would do well to open a separate thread, one which indicates content from books, the other games only, for the sake of clarity.

Yes. This is the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt section and I am discussion parts of the Witcher world that are also important to the topic at hand and to the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt.

They put a lot of stock in the legends that they are true, and the storm was all the evidence they needed. The fact that Ermion and the druids were there to stop it didn't really matter, to them it showed that she would do anything, endanger everyone, to get what SHE wants. It's all about HER.

It's not easy to follow these kinds of trains of thought, but I've had conversations with a lot of these people before. Some that even read the books and still interpret her in the most negative way possible. I remember one guy despised her because she took over his mind with mind control once, and mind control is "f*king evil". In reference to that little prank she pulled in the last wish where he went around town spanking people that don't know how to talk to a lady. That wasn't his only problem with her but it was one of his prominent reasons why he hated her so much.

You can see how even the most innocent things can be twisted into being great evils by some people.

To be fair, not all legends are true in Witcher world.
That is why it is so tense. You never know what is true and what is not :)

It can be, the games are designed so that we don't need to know their prior history.

You dissapoint me Stannis lover :(

If only u knew bad things she has done in books :). You can't even compare to "bad things" Yen has done

Game even explains why Yen decided to collaborate with Emhyr... stop being ignorant

yy where?

For the tenth time, I havn't nor am I willing to read the books, pointless to discuss this. She worked with him, I would not have, he murdered foltest, my king, then proceeded to send assassins after me and after foltest assassin Letho, what an untrustworthy asshole and she works for him. Remember these? "is this one of your schemes Yen?" "I will tell you when the time is right" another "tell me or i will leave" answer tells him then "you don't have a choice". Here is another "shes seems like trouble" answer "I can vouch for the last bit"

This is The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt section is it not? Speaking of which, I think you would do well to open a separate thread, one which indicates content from books, the other games only, for the sake of clarity.

I did, it's this one here. There is a reason why i called it "all spoilers" and if you had read my original first post, you would know that.

and i start to think you are just here to troll bait and if i look around, it's already working...

We get it, you don't like, but you refuse to read the books her, soo for what reason are you here then?

I showed you where you can get more information about her without reading the books, even by people who haven't read the books. If you don't want to read them either, i wonder why you bother to be here in the first place?

I'm finally back!Holy shit,I've been out for two days and this thread almost reached page 900 :shock: I have a lot of catching up to do:book:

Ehh, better to skip the last 5-6 pages...

But this backstory comes from the books, devs don't invent it. It just proves that the games and the books are not some seperate worlds, and you CAN'T ignore the books backstory (if you want to understand the story and its characters well)
The backstory does come from the books, I'm not disputing that. But all the essentials are put into the game. Reading the books and learning more is just icing on the cake, its not necessary to understand and enjoy. I can tell you this because I fully understood the relationships and the plot before I started reading the books.

Well this seems very "quicky" to me ...

So you dont like reading good books? Especially ones that you are invested in already? Why?

Yen is definitely not borring. Lots of cool stuff such as fist fights, unicorns, necromancy and djinns... how can that be borring?

I explained boring in an earlier post.

Did you read the books before you played the games? Because I played the games before I read the books, and felt that the backsotry given for the characters was perfectly sufficient.

In my case I read the books before WItcher 1 was a thing.

Hence why I find it cute when people talk about that "emotional tie with a character 8 years in the making"...

It was. It was a light hearted part of the books where Geralt goes around spanking people that were bigoted towards her.

If you disagree and do think it was some horrible thing, why don't you hold Geralt to the same standard? He uses Axii all the time to mind control people and make them do or say what he wants. Why is that not such an evil terrible thing?

Really? So it's justified that she takes control of a basically stranger to do her dirty work? Against his will? And sorry, but nothing about that was light hearted. He attacked some very important people and could have been killed while doing so.
Geralt doesn't mindcontrol anybody in the books as far as I remember. Games are of course another matter but's it's pretty tedious to mix game mechanics with lore.

Exactly, so we don't need the backstory from the books, because we get enough of it from the games.
No, not at all. There is a lot of contradictions with a books and as games are limited in time and hardware space, there is not enough deepness in their in-game given backstory. I see a books and a games as different things, and if one like the games, I think one should read the books, because they are better written, deeper and a lot more interesting, and gives the full picture of a world and characters, not this little pieces (a lot of which is completely not like in the books) which gives us the games.

It was. It was a light hearted part of the books where Geralt goes around spanking people that were bigoted towards her.

If you disagree and do think it was some horrible thing, why don't you hold Geralt to the same standard? He uses Axii all the time to mind control people and make them do or say what he wants. Why is that not such an evil terrible thing?

Err. She put a hex on Geralt to have him go around beating people up to resolve her petty grudges, and then he gets tossed in the dungeon. When does Geralt do such a thing with Axii? I don't remember that.

Yes, usually women don't like to sleep among the corporal fluids rests from another woman... or man. And in middle age, mattresses were not very hygienics.... but, HS! this bed!

It was just petty jealousy, my Geralt has slept with anything that moves since Witcher 1. Ahhh the memories :)

Really? So it's justified that she takes control of a basically stranger to do her dirty work? Against his will? And sorry, but nothing about that was light hearted. He attacked some very important people and could have been killed while doing so.
Geralt doesn't mindcontrol anybody in the books as far as I remember. Games are of course another matter but's it's pretty tedious to mix game mechanics with lore.
There are some guards in Vizima he does it to, he tells them to take him the some bossbloke, can't really compare that to being forced to go around attacking people because they hurt Yennefer's feelings.

Geralt doesn't mindcontrol anybody in the books as far as I remember.

But does other pretty fucked up things very often that are overlooked because he's the main hero.

Games are of course another matter but's it's pretty tedious to mix game mechanics with lore.

Yeah, tell that to all those Yen haters. She's a NPC character so you don't get to control her actions, while Geralt is in the player's hands- so axii no axii..everything is great, because we are him (and thus can do no wrong obviously)

So.... books backward is right or not? Why CDPR make Gearlt be so cruel controlling people minds to kill each others? Fo saving his life?1 what a bastard selfish! Abusing of his mutant overpowers

You do know that was before their relationship even began, do you?

So it's more than 20 years ago and during all that time she never did that ever again to him.

You could even say that it was the payment Geralt had to pay for saving Dandelion, she just didn't want to risk anything and put that spell on him. I would even say that Geralt would have done it without that spell, because he would have done anything for Dandelion in this moment.

For the tenth time, I havn't nor am I willing to read the books, pointless to discuss this. She worked with him, I would not have, he murdered foltest, my king, then proceeded to send assassins after me and after foltest assassin Letho, what an untrustworthy asshole and she works for him. Remember these? "is this one of your schemes Yen?" "I will tell you when the time is right" another "tell me or i will leave" answer tells him then "you don't have a choice". Here is another "shes seems like trouble" answer "I can vouch for the last bit"

Foltest was never Geralts king, even during the games. He's not Temerian, he's not even from Temeria, he went to Vizima to find Salamandra, this got him in contact with the king, since Salamandra was taking over Vizima, and in the end after taking his reward, he was forced to save the king from an assassin. This led the king to consider him a "good luck charm" and forced him to stick around for a while. The king died while Geralt was with him, and he was blamed for the murder. That's how it went down.

Emhyr is a bad guy for a lot of reasons, but so are all of the Northern Monarchs, most of which are arguably worse in many respects, but Emhyr is powerful and he did have her as a prisoner, and they shared a goal: finding Ciri and saving her from The Wild Hunt. They each had different motivations for this, but not using his resources to save her would have been a foolish decision on her part.

I didn't even have to mention anything from the books.

:facepalm2::eredinfacepalm::geraltsad::hurt::annoyed:

Well... that is very painful to me.

Downfall folks. Right here!

This is a 200 hour game mate. Will the 30-40 hours the books require really break you?

Sorry to hurt your feelings, besides I prefer spending my time in game, 380 hrs plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom