Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Ciri and Yennefer in the two addons!! And I want the addons to take place after the Wild Hunt has been defeated and not before like the game continuation after the big fight.....

You're not alone, my friend.

I was replaying the last part of White Orchard and then Royal Audience, these changes seem more crucial than ever:

Royal Palace of Vizima - remove or rework dialogue options:

1. What's the Wild Hunt want from Ciri?
2. Before we part... why didn't you contact me earlier?

1)
Geralt's and Yennefer's knowledge of Wild Hunt is a lot deeper than we see in this dialogue. They both know about Ciri's blood and powers and what Eredin wants to do with her (books and Witcher 2). So in my opinion, CDPR should either give us a full explanation and work on this dialogue option properly, or the question shouldn't be involved at all and the dialogue would automatically lead us to "So where's Ciri been seen?" instead. Yen saying "I've no clue lol" is totally out of context.

2) This is a very wrong way to take on the whole Triss Merigold topic. Making a dialogue of this kind automatic here isn't the best idea, as this is quite an important topic for both Geralt and Yennefer. We should be given some dialogue options
to work this out and defend ourselves. Either that, or the dialogue should simply be removed. Both of their reactions are completely out of context with not just books, but also their game characters, especially Yen would never react this way.

Last edited:
Seeing some videos, and now that I understood the story that Geralt told when you remove the curse of Uma it is about the sword that dandelion bought him in SoS.

He says that at the period they gave time in the relationship.

So it is good to read all the books.

Yeah, there are a number of references to SoS, like
Geralt asking Triss if she wanted to perform divination, like Coral did;
Rita telling Geralt that Biruta Ikarti (minor character from SoS) reported her that Aretuza was captured

UPD: I expected jokes about Dandelion's blond hair and swords from meteorite ore :D

Last edited:
I was replaying the last part of White Orchard and then Royal Audience, these changes seem more crucial than ever:

Imagine, just imgine if it's not Geralt who makes this question but Yen? If there was a love spell linking her with Geralt, was she was looking for him in despite of Ciri's fate? And, in game, Yen doesn't mention her month of own amnesia, too, nor her captivity state. This kind of omission makes newcomers dislikeher character deeply without know her. In comparison, Triss is introduced like a victime of the Eternal Fire, persecuted as if she were the only of both woman has suffered.

Last edited:

1)
Geralt's and Yennefer's knowledge of Wild Hunt is a lot deeper than we see in this dialogue. They both know about Ciri's blood and powers and what Eredin wants to do with her (books and Witcher 2). So in my opinion, CDPR should either give us a full explanation and work on this dialogue option properly, or the question shouldn't be involved at all and the dialogue would automatically lead us to "So where's Ciri been seen?" instead. Yen saying "I've no clue lol" is totally out of context.

2) This is a very wrong way to take on the whole Triss Merigold topic. Making a dialogue of this kind automatic here isn't the best idea, as this is quite an important topic for both Geralt and Yennefer. We should be given some dialogue options
to work this out and defend ourselves. Either that, or the dialogue should simply be removed. Both of their reactions are completely out of context with not just books, but also their game characters, especially Yen would never react this way.

I doubt they are going to be removing dialogue.

As for the 'Before we part', personally i think serves as they intended, setting the romance as something that needs to be restored. Personally think actions are quite in character. I suppose they could have put the illusion of dialogue choice that exists in the similar scene with Triss where all dialogues lead to the same hurt response.

Imagine, just imgine if it's not Geralt who makes this question but Yen? If there was a love spell linking her with Geralt, was she was looking for him in despite of Ciri's fate? And, in game, Yen doesn't mention her month of own amnesia, too, nor her captivity state. This kind of omission makes newcomers dislikeher character deeply without know her. In comparison, Triss is introduced like a victime of the Eternal Fire, persecuted as if she were the only of both woman has suffered.

This part is essential to connect the W2 and W3, already give a bond with her.

---------- Updated at 08:45 AM ----------

I doubt they are going to be removing dialogue.

As for the 'Before we part', personally i think serves as they intended, setting the romance as something that needs to be restored. Personally think actions are quite in character. I suppose they could have put the illusion of dialogue choice that exists in the similar scene with Triss where all dialogues lead to the same hurt response.

But it's kind of contradictory because Geralt put Triss aside to seek Yen, and when it came up it was kind of strange to talk, because the last thing he learned in W2 is that she was stuck and without memory, and then suddenly he asks because it was not behind him.

1)

I hope they really will change something. Especially with Ciri. Ciri in danger. Yenn spent months searching for Ciri and didn't inform Geralt about her, because "I don't want to spoil things..." woman i eat you alive WUT? ​Hard to believe in that...

Last edited:
I think a cut scene with Yen and Emhyr would be in order, as an exposition of their relationship. Honestly, we've had two games showing us what Geralt and Triss were doing, but there is only a vague explanation about what Yen was doing that entire time.

Remember, she was returned to the native world long before Geralt, basically since Geralt traded himself for her.

So, she was with Letho shortly before falling in Emhyr's hands, so much time to talk about with Geralt, I would've thought. It just seems silly she was waiting for Geralt to restore his memory that whole time, while futilely doing magic tricks to find Ciri.

Either a long convo with Geralt or some cutscene to better explain her time alone. A much longer time than both Witcher 1 or 2.

I think a cut scene with Yen and Emhyr would be in order, as an exposition of their relationship. Honestly, we've had two games showing us what Geralt and Triss were doing, but there is only a vague explanation about what Yen was doing that entire time.

Remember, she was returned to the native world long before Geralt, basically since Geralt traded himself for her.

So, she was with Letho shortly before falling in Emhyr's hands, so much time to talk about with Geralt, I would've thought. It just seems silly she was waiting for Geralt to restore his memory that whole time, while futilely doing magic tricks to find Ciri.

Either a long convo with Geralt or some cutscene to better explain her time alone. A much longer time than both Witcher 1 or 2.
She was in prison in Nilfgaard all W2 game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom