Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much very cheap Irony. Sorry.
So only TY are allowed to make jokes on the slave stuff?

My intention, jokes aside, was to portray the fact that, again, Yen was in a very bad place emotionally at that moment, for the reasons I listed there. And so while the teleportation was a little too much imo, as she warned him earlier it was definetely not the best time to be fighting her. If Geralt wanted to argue, he could have waited till things were a little more calmed down and there was less pressure to all involved.

The fact you can easily forgive and explain everything really bad Triss did and judge Yennefer for...the bed and the dead (Skjall) is so hilarious.
Not willing to discuss Triss here, I'll answer all your Triss deceptive related issues on the vs thread or her thread :)

But see, you were still in a relationship with her until you broke it off in the Last Wish quest, and she's upset with you for things you did while you were in a relationship with her. Sleeping with your significant others best friend and then running off with her is usually something that doesn't go over well, in any world, fantasy or real. People tend to react very badly to that kind of behavior. Sometimes even physically, and permanently, in ways I don't want to mention.
I don't think we will agree here. It seems we have different opinions about what is a reasonable reaction from Yennefer and how Geralt should act.
Though I'm not asking about a canon change. I said from the start that I want a option. If you think teleporting Geralt and threatening him is fine then you would still have the choice to just accept it.
Just out of curiosity. Do you think Geralt aarding Yennefer into a lake and threatening her with death would have been appropriate when he learned about her and Istredd?

[

Guys, just because you strike something out, doesn't mean we can't read it or see the see the meaning behind it...

Triss is an envious hag really nice.
Yennefer is an unforgiving bitch really empathic.

That's still mean in any way. If you want to say it, say it. If you think you shouldn't post it, because you will get trouble with mods, then don't write it in anyway, striked out or not...

Nobody is that stupid to not understand what you are trying by that, uncessary to put in insults and "cover it" with cheap tricks.

Better not to do it or post in Triss's topic, you write a suggestion for Triss stay alone in Kovir and ....
It would be more positive than you think, just without Geralt of course, who had thought that :p

I don't think we will agree here. It seems we have different opinions about what is a reasonable reaction from Yennefer and how Geralt should act.
Though I'm not asking about a canon change. I said from the start that I want a option. If you think teleporting Geralt and threatening him is fine then you would still have the choice to just accept it.
Just out of curiosity. Do you think Geralt aarding Yennefer into a lake and threatening her with death would have been appropriate when he learned about her and Istredd?

[

No, because that would be completely out of character for him. That's something I care about, whether it's in an RPG, or a book.

You've got to remember we are dealing with a predefined character that we can roleplay. There are going to be limitations because of that. It's not like Dragon Age where you create your own protagonist and define him or her however you wish. That's just a different kind of RPG.

My intention, jokes aside, was to portray the fact that, again, Yen was in a very bad place emotionally at that moment, for the reasons I listed there. And so while the teleportation was a little too much imo, as she warned him earlier it was definetely not the best time to be fighting her. If Geralt wanted to argue, he could have waited till things were a little more calmed down and there was less pressure to all involved

Nevermind. Master&Servant stuff is always allowed here :happy:

There are just tooooo many mentions of TELEPORT today like it's really something serious and it looks very funny.
Seems people need to clutch for something when they have no more significant reasons to build an argument.

Not willing to discuss Triss here, I'll answer all your Triss deceptive related issues on the vs thread or her thread :)

Sure, maybe'll join you later :)

No, because that would be completely out of character for him. That's something I care about, whether it's in an RPG, or a book.

You've got to remember we are dealing with a predefined character that we can roleplay. There are going to be limitations because of that. It's not like Dragon Age where you create your own protagonist and define him or her however you wish. That's just a different kind of RPG.

Even if we are playing a predefined character
There are two unique differences in the games. First of all, Geralt lost his memory. CDP used that to give us the possibility to influence Geralt's character to a certain degree. He got his memory back in Witcher 3, but his experiences in the previous two games didn't just disappear. They changed him.
Furthermore we have the last wish. For the first since the short story, Geralt is free of the spell. He is not bound to Yennefer anymore. He can even love another woman, what would be unthinkable in the books
This two differences (plus the fact that it's a rpg and we as the players can influence his personality) are reason enough to not force our Geralt to act excatly like he would act in the books, during a time when he was still bound to Yennefer and 100% his own character and not controlled by the player.

Last edited:
There are just tooooo many mentions of TELEPORT today like it's really something serious and it looks very funny.
Seems people need to clutch for something when they have no more significant reasons to build an argument.
Just another case of mages abusing their power that needs to be added to that very long list. What annoyed me about it is that I can't call her out on it, just have to accept being rag-dolled about the place every time she is feeling moody, at least I get to the other mages out on their shit.

I personally found it to be one of the most infuriating scenes in the game, rather than funny.

Last edited:

Geralt is almost incapable to start open conflict / emotional dialogue with women, in general: Essi, letter farewell with Fringilla, letter to Yen in Vengerberg, SoS spoilers:
letter to Mozaik. He didn't even rise his voice to Lytta.

Audible dialogue in 'Shard of Ice' is almost an exception to the rule. In games Geralt can't be silent in some situations in which he wouldn't say a word in books, that's the difference between methods of narrative in these forms of art.

See the pattern which was translated to the game? Physical threats, really?

Last edited:
Just another case of mages abusing their power that needs top be added to that very long list. What annoyed me about it is that I can't call her out on it, just have to accept being rag-dolled about the place every time she is feeling moody, at least I get to the other mages out on their shit.

The fact we can't have the contracts on sorceresses turns this game into no-freedom-of-choice dust.

The best way to be rich and independent - work on Radovid and sell him all the mages.

Last edited:
Geralt is almost incapable to start open conflict / emotional dialogue with women, in general: Essi, letter farewell to Fringilla, letter to Yen in Vengerberg, SoS spoilers:
letter to Mozaik. He didn't even rise his voice to Lytta.

Audible dialogue in 'Shard of Ice' is almost an exception of the rule. In games Geralt can't be silent in some situations in which he wouldn't say a word in books, that's the difference between a methods of narrative in these forms of art.

See the pattern which was translated to the game? Physical threats, really?

In the books yes, but not in the games. He can start a open conflict with Shani/Triss in Witcher 1. For instance we get the option to talk to Shani about our decision to give Alvin to Triss, which leads to a temper tandrum.
He can tell Triss in Witcher 2 that he doesn't love/believe/trust her.
He can even call Keira a "vile, two-faced, four-tongued viper" and tell her that he regretted "fucking with her".
Games Geralt can be snappy.

from Liz Katrin YENNEFER’S SONG - a fanmade version of “Priscilla’s Song”, a musical theme by Marcin Przybyłowicz from THE WITCHER 3 with my lyrics in Polish (also translated into English).

YENNEFER'S SONG (translated by Liz Katrin)

I follow the trace of White Wolf
To find again my destiny
I run away yet chase him all the same
I don't really know where it will lead me again

You are here right beside me in the morning
Then you disappear just like a dream
I still can feel your craving palms
Constellation of scars marking your skin

Is this love or just a common desire?
Stronger magic really doesn't exist
Even if I run away, even if we part
We won't fight the force that unites us

You are here...

In burning sun or through the snow you rush into the unknown
But your thoughts still return to me
You won't change our destiny
Two tormented souls will meet again

EDIT: sorry this should be posted on Fan Art - I've mistaken the topics :p

Last edited:
In the books yes, but not in the games. He can start a open conflict with Shani/Triss in Witcher 1. For instance we get the option to talk to Shani about our decision to give Alvin to Triss, which leads to a temper tandrum.
He can tell Triss in Witcher 2 that he doesn't love/believe/trust her.
He can even call Keira a "vile, two-faced, four-tongued viper" and tell her that he regretted "fucking with her".

So, all this means that the existence of these dialogue options are basically the artistic freedom of CDPR's writers to write the play.

Or you're saying CDPR have not understood of Geralt's essence and have failed to transmit it properlyin the games?

For instance we get the option to talk to Shani about our decision to give Alvin to Triss, which leads to a temper tandrum.

Hm, I need to rewatch this. From what I remember, Shani was yelling at Geralt, and he tried to calm down her and explain his decision

He can tell Triss in Witcher 2 that he doesn't love/believe/trust her

Still not very aggressive, even if choose worst possible dialogue options. Couple of grumpy faces, bitter lines -> case closed.

I don't really like this whole thing with Keira, to be honest. I mean, Geralt actually could kill her in order to keep these notes away from her. That's a perfect example of case when CDPR gone overboard with roleplaying and freedom of choice. This situation was not that important to be even really angry on her, another sorceress didn't tell him the whole truth about her own business - whatever, been there, seen this shit already.

So, all this means that the existence of these dialogue options are basically the artistic freedom of CDPR's writers to write the play.

Or you're saying CDPR have not understood of Geralt's essence and have failed to transmit it properlyin the games?

The dialogue options show that games and books geralt are not the same persons. There are many differences, one of them is that he doesn't act in the same way to women/relationships as he does in the books. CDP had to find a balance between keeping books Geralt's personality and the satisfying the desire of many players to roleplay the character. They used the amnesia to accomplish that and imo did a great job until Yennefer appeared. Games Geralt acts 100% like books Geralt when he is together with her. CDP took away the freedom to roleplay my Geralt in the same way i roleplayed him in Witcher 1, 2 and Witcher 3 whenever Yennefer is not involved. My Geralt is not submissive towards anyone, not even the emperor. Why don't I get the choice to play the same Geralt when he interacts with Yennefer? After I broke up with her, there is nothing what justifies Geralt's acceptance of Yen's behavior towards him.
There is just something missing. Take the discussion after the Vizima meeting with Uma for example. Finally (for the first time) we can call Yennefer out on her behavior and ask her why she treats us that poorly. She answers with something like "Do you really want to talk about it now?" and the conversation ends. No follow-up to that discussion.

Last edited:
Guys, just because you strike something out, doesn't mean we can't read it or see the see the meaning behind it...

Triss is an envious hag really nice.
Yennefer is an unforgiving bitch really empathic.

That's still mean in any way. If you want to say it, say it. If you think you shouldn't post it, because you will get trouble with mods, then don't write it in anyway, striked out or not...

Nobody is that stupid to not understand what you are trying by that, uncessary to put in insults and "cover it" with cheap tricks.

Absolutely agree :like:
and slowly but surely it gets a bit annoying....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom