Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 3842753

I doubt that if they added some line like "Hey, Geralt, how you are feeling now that you broke with Triss and commited to Yen once again?" and the response was "I'm feeling better with Yen" you would change your mind :)

The 'better' line had nothing to do with Yen. He was just telling Ciri that things are not just good but better than good with Triss. He wasn't comparing one lady to the other.

Guest 3842753

So were these lines in the game files since launch or were they recently added?

Anyway, if they really put this... abomination into the game, then I am not buying those expansions and I am not nearly the only one. So I hope, for CDPR's sake, that their bet on their new most important target audience serves them well.

They should've probably checked how is TW3 selling in comparsion to Bioware's titles tho...

More formatted dialogue

Triss Romance
Ciri: Worked out nicely, don't you think?
Geralt: What're you talking about?
Ciri: You and Triss. Never expected it, to be honest.
Geralt: Life's full of surprises.
Ciri: So, how did the two of you--?
Geralt: End up together?
Geralt: Hmm. With Yen it was fight after fight, lots of arguments, drama… Not saying it was bad, but…
Ciri: But what?
Geralt: Got o be exhausting. With Triss, it's not. I finally feel… harmony. A calm. Feel like things are the way they're supposed to be.

Yen Romance
Ciri: You know… perhaps it's not my concern, but… I'm glad you and Yennefer have ended up together.
Geralt: Me too.
Ciri: You took your time.
Geralt: Hm. Guess we both needed a while to grapple with it.
Ciri: So what was it like? You know, when the wish lost its hold. What did you feel?
Geralt: Hmm. Well, there we were, the two of us, on the mountain top. I looked at her, and…
Geralt: And felt like I was exactly where I was supposed to be. At long last.

The rest are on page 1042 if you missed them

Last edited:
Anyway, if they really put this... abomination into the game, then I am not buying those expansions and I am not nearly the only one. So I hope, for CDPR's sake, that their bet on their new most important target audience serves them well.

Yeah, you're so right ! They're adding new content for free !

Attachments

• Burn Her.jpg
    Burn Her.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 42
  • aa722de8-e8b3-4bfe-81e0-14f836d9d83b.jpg
    aa722de8-e8b3-4bfe-81e0-14f836d9d83b.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 49

Ah, come on. It's not like CDPR turned the whole narrative upside down with a ridiculously profane, misinterpreted and underdeveloped deus ex machina moment right at the end of the game, destroying the structure of the tale and crucial points of the whole lore of both the books and the games and crucifying the complexity and mythological depth of Sapkowski's great world...

Oh, wait... :p

Too bad I've already bought the expansions. And even worse that I will probably enjoy them - somehow - no matter what... :rolleyes: :stuart:

More formatted dialogue

Triss Romance
Ciri: Worked out nicely, don't you think?
Geralt: What're you talking about?
Ciri: You and Triss. Never expected it, to be honest.
Geralt: Life's full of surprises.
Ciri: So, how did the two of you--?
Geralt: End up together?
Geralt: Hmm. With Yen it was fight after fight, lots of arguments, drama… Not saying it was bad, but…
Ciri: But what?
Geralt: Got o be exhausting. With Triss, it's not. I finally feel… harmony. A calm. Feel like things are the way they're supposed to be.

Yen Romance
Ciri: You know… perhaps it's not my concern, but… I'm glad you and Yennefer have ended up together.
Geralt: Me too.
Ciri: You took your time.
Geralt: Hm. Guess we both needed a while to grapple with it.
Ciri: So what was it like? You know, when the wish lost its hold. What did you feel?
Geralt: Hmm. Well, there we were, the two of us, on the mountain top. I looked at her, and…
Geralt: And felt like I was exactly where I was supposed to be. At long last.

The rest are on page 1042 if you missed them

Thank you for putting this together for us.

For something labeled as the Triss update, I think they are looking to be fair to everyone.

Definitely don't see a single reason for people to loose their shit.

It's quite clearly not a Yen update, yet they added some nice stuff for her too.

I think if they do decide to dp a Yen update, only good things will happen, based on these snippets of unfinished Triss update.

Good work CDPR, please don't get discouraged with the negativity.

It's quite clearly not a Yen update, yet they added some nice stuff for her too.
While I agree that there are - obviously - new dialoge lines for both women I disagree with your assessment that this is "nice stuff". I think the lines for Yen are pretty bad. Two levels below of what CDPR should be capable of (theoretically).

But I still don't get the public outrage. It's not like this changes anything on a fundamental level for Yen that wasn't already there in TW3...

I just finished my 3rd playthrough and my Geralt ended up with Triss. Did I broke the Lore just by playing that way ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom