Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree that there is - obviously - new dialoge lines for both women I disagree with your assessment that this is "nice stuff". I think the lines for Yen are pretty bad. Two levels below of what CDPR should be capable of (theoretically).

But I still don't get the public outrage. It's not like this changes anything on a fundamental level for Yen that wasn't already there in TW3...

I think one of the lines that is upsetting people is

"But it turned out my amnesia'd changed nothing. Wanted to be with you before, during, after - always."

Since Geralt broke up with Triss in W2.

He [optional] could be with another woman. What's wrong with you, guys? OPTIONAL!

I don't know - tons of people will say afterthat all what Yennefer and Geralt had in books is all big lie....as huge fan of the Witcher saga books...it is something I'm sad about...am I wrong?

I dunno I'm on Yennefer's topic I can say that I'm feeling this is a disrepect...is that forbidden too now? Will you report me?

Well that was a lot to catch up on. Can't say I'm entirely surprised. I would have liked if they had actually stood by the whole "choices and consequence" But it seems like they just want to go the "all choices are equal" route instead. Which is a shame, it shouldn't be equal. I know TT want's their romance choice to be just as good and just as valid in terms of the "canon", but I really don't think it ever should have been. There should have been consequences and to some extent there already are in the current version of the game. There should have been some level of guilt tripping and making you feel bad for going that route, but I guess that's not where they wanted it to go. I had been saying there was favoritism at play from the start based on how the previous two games went, and I guess time will just prove me right.

@Scholdarr.452 is right though, this isn't the biggest or worst example of things going wrong by a longshot. The way the ending and the ciri/white frost/wild hunt stuff played out was much worse in that respect. Honestly though, none of those were as big a themes in the books as Geralt and Yennefers romance were honestly, and butchering that as well is just going a bit too far imo.

Before the mods get here, I think it's best to remind you guys that this thread is about Yennefer. Ignore people who go off topic or try to get under your skin please or the thread will be locked again. At least do it for the people who don't want to get involved and actually want to discuss the correct subject matter.

Friendly reminder here. I like this thread and appreciate all the work put into it.
Posting this again because this isn't a thread about Triss or her relationships.

My last try, can we please get back on topic?

While I agree that there are - obviously - new dialoge lines for both women I disagree with your assessment that this is "nice stuff". I think the lines for Yen are pretty bad. Two levels below of what CDPR should be capable of (theoretically).

But I still don't get the public outrage. It's not like this changes anything on a fundamental level for Yen that wasn't already there in TW3...

Well, tastes differ, no point discussing that, but what I meant was, they did not lessen Yen for the sake of Triss content. That is nice.

There is no lore breaking from the books, since Geralt did love Triss, as a good friend. So his line that he always loved her is technically correct.

I wish people would stop over reacting, it is the absolute opposite of what we need right now, if we're to hope they tackle Yen content.

My own lore for sure. The one where Geralt is the reincarnation of a pink unicorn.
Then it's clearly a lore break. Everybody knows that Geralt is the white unicorn. The WHITE one. Sigh, people these days... :p

And Yen is of course the violet one. Because reasons. Don't challenge reasons. There is a reason why it's called reason.

No but guys, seriously... We're talking about something optionnal here.
How can this break your game if you can have a whole playthrough without experiencing any of these additions ? I mean, it breaks your game just because you know these changes are here somewhere, really ?

Also, what about the fix for the water hag romance ?

Last edited:
There is no lore breaking from the books, since Geralt did love Triss, as a good friend. So his line that he always loved her is technically correct.

I wish people would stop over reacting, it is the absolute opposite of what we need right now, if we're to hope they tackle Yen content.

I don't think that this is an issue after all. I mean, if people don't want to be with Triss and think that a Geralt that is true to book-lore should be with Yen they can still do so and will never experience that line no matter what. It's not like this line changes anything for Yen fans, just for Triss fans, and those people are usually pretty open to "differing" lore. And for Triss fans the break up could be just a period of "emotional trouble" for Geralt in which he had to sort out his feelings. So where's the big deal?

But then again I think that this is only mediocre to bad writing on CDPR's side. They are imo better than that.

Edit: If anything these additional lines only add to the butchering of Ciri's character. She gets more and more ridiculous imo...

Last edited:
No but guys, seriously... We're talking about something optionnal here.
How can this break your game if you can have a whole playthrough without seeing any of those additions ? I mean, it breaks your game just because you know they're here, really ?
Once again, it shows CDPR has no respect for the lore, for the fans and in the end for themselves.

If they throw around stuff like Geralt always loving Triss while never loving Yen (clearly implied, along with Last Wish) they might as well plant a 200 meters tall pink dildo in the middle of Velen, since nothing really matters.

The way the ending and the ciri/white frost/wild hunt stuff played out was much worse in that respect. Honestly though, none of those were as big a themes in the books as Geralt and Yennefers romance were honestly, and butchering that as well is just going a bit too far imo.

I don't know which books you read but I'd like to challenge that. Imo the Ciri + White Frost were much bigger themes in the pentalogy than the relationship between Geralt and Yennefer.. I'd like to remember you that the books are not just the short stories... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom