Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
My post wasn't about Ciri, but about new dialog options for Yen, so I'm moving it here again.

Hard to disagree BUT they still claim to be a CONTINUATION of the story told in them, so everything book-wise should be valid in the games.
But they never were. While Geralt and Yen being alive is explained, for example, Professor well-being is still a mystery. There are several such inconsistencies, as with Ciri being able to save the world and not her child, Emhyr suddenly publicly announcing that Ciri is his daughter and so on. But these aren't matter that much as long as the story is consistent within the game itself. Players might or might not use books lore in their playthroughs, the game supports both options and that's good.

Haha, probably. I can see him going :"Oh nice Triss additions. What about my love Yennefer??? Add some. NOW" :D

But seriously. One more positive thing from me (surprise, surprise) is that I like Ciri's advice to Geralt about where he should take Yen when it's all over. It fits.
Yeah, agree. All Yen needs is Geralt (and Ciri but not in this game).

So if we create a topic about the inconsistency of Ciri-Yen relationship in the game we will be heard and they will "fix it"?

I don't think we should go that low.... :D If anything, I think it's too late for that. This thread is already very big, it was noticed by the REDs so...either they will fix something or not. It's up to them...but I'm not that crazy about it anymore ;)

Also it's not like adding a dialogue or two could improve anything at this point..especially Ciri's character.

So if we create a topic about the inconsistency of Ciri-Yen relationship in the game we will be heard and they will "fix it"?

Actually, this this was largely debated at this topic and in the leak we didn't saw nothing about a improve on this matter...
If I am not mistakin, we can discuss Yenn-Blinky relationship here...It is not considered off topic, so we don't need another thread...

As for "fix"...Who knows? We will see...

---------- Updated at 06:46 PM ----------

Also it's not like adding a dialogue or two could improve anything at this point..especially Ciri's character.
And this...

Ljesnjann isn't a big Ciri fan :p

---------- Updated at 05:49 PM ----------

More family time! It would've been nice if Yennefer joined snow-fight with Geralt and Ciri but I do not remember what she was doing at the moment.

The only family time is the one at the lab.

And i also only saw Yen talking to Ciri about something if you say "no" about visiting Skjall's grave...

More family time! It would've been nice if Yennefer joined snow-fight with Geralt and Ciri but I do not remember what she was doing at the moment.

Blasphemy. Yen joining them would clearly destroy the specialness of the snowball fight between a father and a daugther. No mothers are needed there.
:facepalm2:
Yen would also clearly win in such a fight. She would create a ball so big it would kill Ciri instantly.

Attempting to start a new topic: what do we know about Yen's politics? In-game she seems resigned to her position with the imperial court, but I'm trying to think about how "political" Yen is from the books.

-Sodden: We know Yen fought for the North at Sodden, suggesting some sort of patriotism in her earlier life?
-Vengerberg: Yen lived in Aedirn's capital city, but no one ever refers to her as an advisor to Demavend. It seems like she was not very involved in the royal court there?
-Thanedd: Yen seems completely out of the loop about the two factions (maybe because she has been with Ciri hiding from other mages?). She obeys Tissaia but does not seem to be on any particular side.
-Royal marriages and genetics: There are hints from the books that Yen was involved (with Francesca and others) in manipulating royal marriages for genetic experiments. In this case politics is a tool, but not her real interest.
-Lodge: Yen flees from the Lodge to search for Ciri on her own, but after Stygga she decides to bring Ciri to the Lodge. Hard to tell if Yen agrees with the Lodge's plan in the end or just thinks there is no choice.

So, I'm asking opinions- how "political" is Yen? It seems to me the answer is "not very," and her leaving the Emperor at the end of the game is in character. Perhaps she was more political when she was younger, but got burned out after a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom