Yennefer turning out to be a villain in Witcher 3.

+
Yennefer turning out to be a villain in Witcher 3.

I can see Yennefer as a manipulative villain in Witcher 3.
Geralt reunites with Yennefer. Yen manipulates Geralt and turns him against Triss, so she could kill Triss without Geralt stopping her. Yen kills Triss because she is in favor of North. She keeps manipulating Geralt since he doesn't know she has changed after the Wild hunt and she is in favor of the emperor. Yen tricks Geralt to carry out her desires, and finally she betrays and kills Geralt. At this point you play as Ciri, hunting down Yennefer and killing her. At the end of the story both Yennefer and Geralt are dead. Ciri realizing that she should have let Geralt and Yennefer die as lovers in the Rivian massacre. A dark lesson for Ciri that you cannot change fate.

What do you Witcher fans think ?

I do think someone close to Geralt will prove false, and for him to trust all his friends unwisely will lead to his undoing, or to the triumph of Nilfgaard or the Wild Hunt. It could be Yennefer turned against him by the Empire, as the OP surmises. It could be one of the intrigues Dandelion or Triss gets mixed up in, gone disastrously wrong. Horrifyingly, it could even be the prophetess Ciri.

Shawnkh said:
I can see Yennefer as a manipulative villain in Witcher 3.
Geralt reunites with Yennefer. Yen manipulates Geralt and turns him against Triss, so she could kill Triss without Geralt stopping her. Yen kills Triss because she is in favor of North. She keeps manipulating Geralt since he doesn't know she has changed after the Wild hunt and she is in favor of the emperor. Yen tricks Geralt to carry out her desires, and finally she betrays and kills Geralt. At this point you play as Ciri, hunting down Yennefer and killing her. At the end of the story both Yennefer and Geralt are dead. Ciri realizing that she should have let Geralt and Yennefer die as lovers in the Rivian massacre. A dark lesson for Ciri that you cannot change fate.

What do you Witcher fans think ?

Some elements of your idea are cool,but it sounds a bit like a torntino movie :)/>

I could rather imagine Triss betraying Geralt.

PS: The fact that Yennefer has lost her memory too might lead to some tension. I am looking forward to the reunion. :)

Aditya

Forum veteran
Personally I don't want to but I would be lying if say that isn't intriguing. They can play around with her amnesia and there is always the turned by/cover or even double cover whatever.

But as regards to your other points:

If I remember right, they "can't" kill Triss and other characters because they have known to live on ahead with their lives from the books?

Because TW3 will wrap both the books and the games storylines.

And I'm a sucker for happy endings

well firstly as we kinda decide everything that happens that'd only be one path,twisted as it would be. letting her getting to the killing him part anyway...

i can see Yennefer dieing to protect Geralt from someone/thing that changes depending on previous decisions. i kinda want Geralt to rescue Yennefer but stay with Triss.

Adityathewarriorwithin said:
Because TW3 will wrap both the books and the games storylines.

You mean Season of Storms? I doubt the devs took that book into consideration since it came out during development. And we know the story for the game is already written, so I doubt CDPR will run around changing the story at this point just to stay true to the new book.

Adityathewarriorwithin said:
And I'm a sucker for happy endings
Me too ;)

And about first post - sorry, but I can't imagine that. Yen could have amnesia, she could be tortured, prisoned etc, but she is not the one who can be broken. One of my favourite parts from books are words of Vilgefortz about her.

Picture of Ciri fighting with her mummy is even more improbable.

This would be the most suprising turn of events. But not in good way. More likely Geralt will deal with Emhyr, become emperor, Yen will conquer whole north and together they will be royal family. And Ciri will be obviously figure-skater..

(Google Translator)

Exaggeration.

Betrayal, lies, deceit and murder does not make the world a more believable. Exaggerated unilateral behavior, resemble the world to a soap opera.

Sapkowski's novels, after all, are also about friendship and sacrifice. It is not only gray world.

I like different endings, not necessarily good, but the proportions must be preserved in order not to overdo it the other way.

I have been thinking for a while that Yen might be in league with Nilfgaard & the emperor rather than being their prisoner. So perhaps dependent on player choice she or former allies may become enemies. I'll be choosing Triss & the North if possible though

I haven't read the books and found it odd how Letho talks of Yennefer at the end of TW2. He makes her sound like a complete brat; trying to play Serrit, Auckes, and Letho against each other and getting attention of witch hunters while in the empire.

Triss has already been the one who if not outright betrayal, hasn't been totally upfront with Geralt. You can't have everyone trying to manipulate him or else it'll come off as contrived. There has to be sincere characters too. And I hope she's not brainwashed either, which has been done to death. I'm fine wither her suffering from the same type of amnesia Geralt had though, and he has to help her remember again.

You know, I don't like reading these kind of speculation threads because I feel like I've just had TW3 spoiled for me :p

Anyway, I'll be frank. I didn't read your entire post for that exact reason but damn. Some good ideas there, foh show.

It would be an interesting twist. Damn. I have no idea what's going to happen. Can't fucking wait to play it!

Was it confirmed somewhere that W3 endings will be tied with the book lore? After all I can easily imagine a lore friendly ending and the two others non-lore friendly for a nice, player personal twist to the game.

Max said:
Was it confirmed somewhere that W3 endings will be tied with the book lore? After all I can easily imagine a lore friendly ending and the two others non-lore friendly for a nice, player personal twist to the game.

AFAIK nothing has been confirmed for any endings , book or otherwise . Except that there will be 3 distinct and playable epilogues . Gonna be a long year .

Shawnkh said:
Ciri realizing that she should have let Geralt and Yennefer die as lovers in the Rivian massacre.
Nice try, Sapkowski.

Sorry, but I'm confident the games will have a better ending than this.

Top Bottom