"Yesterday/Today/Tomorrow" : A Cyberpunk Play By Post Game.

+
Nogitsune stares in frustration at the keypad. She almost had it...that last crossover should have unlocked the damn thing. She checks the model number, a Tertius 65...damn. Maybe not.
((Su, you were close, but not quite. ))
"Hummm ..."
** Reaches into her bag and pulls out her "Pembroke Techscaner" ((+2 diagnostics on known/identified systems)) and her "Mixed Francesca & Venedico Basic&Electronic Tool Kit" ((+1 to Tech rolls)) and runs a scan of this specific model number then tries again **
((Electronic security 2 + Tech 8 + 1 to 3 for the top-of-the-line tools +1d10=7 Total 18 to 21))

Wrench shifts and shakes her head sadly.

"What you see is what you got. I'm not exactly boiling over with friends and neighbors dying to get into the edgerunning business."

Wallace clutched at his mask, sputtering as the world fades. As he falls his mask bumps against the wall, sealing properly. It doesn't block out the gas, but it helps enough to keep him up.

Last edited:
The keypad flashes red-red-red-yellow-green. Good to go.

Further down the street, there is a sudden yell,

"Hey, assholes!"

Automatic weapons fire breaks the night up as muzzle flashes spit down from below. Most go wide, but a few hit meat and one of the inquisitors stumbles backwards, slumping into the nearest dumpster. From above, a strong baritone bellows down,

"You dipshits are messing with NN54 on the job! Unless you figure on featuring -prominently- in our next Scum on the Streets Expose, you can all just fuck right off! And I mean now! Plus, we called for backup! Air-style backup!"

The Inquisitor stares up at the window six stories above, unfazed by the gunfire or the barrel sticking out of it.

---------------------------------------------------------

The BFBG sits back, a worried expression crossing his features.

"Wrench, you know I think the world of you, but this is a mite too fucking sharp to be handing over to you and some fresh Rockergirl. What're you gonna do if things go south? Or if you need Net support? Street contacts? Look, take a day. This is a hurry, but it ain't Edge of Tomorrow kind of a hurry. Go hire someone! Ask around at Afterlife! Just make sure they are new, okay? No one the Street knows too well. That...that wouldn't be great, this time."

"You ought to have been made aware by your supervisors that this area is under the exclusive rights of the World News Service. They alone brokered the rights to film here with the film studios and local gangs. You are to delete your footage and go!" Wallace shouted to the open window.

((Persuasion 18 (Cool 10 + Persuasion 6 + roll 2)))

Hernando looks at the girl with some new found admiration and some envy too.
"Nice gadget you have there."
** Bows slightly **
"Thank you."
** Opens the door as ... **

The keypad flashes red-red-red-yellow-green. Good to go.

Automatic weapons fire breaks the night up...
** Looks toward the sounds of gunfire **
"I fear I am of little use in a gunfight, perhaps you two could ..."

"I'll see if there is anything inside I can jack into to provide some visuals on the situation."
** Hands Hernando a business card with her name and a phone number on it, then quickly writes a different number and an scrambler code key on the back. **

** Enters the building and looks around for the nearest Data Term or junction box. **

Last edited:
"Look this isn't as hard as it seems. You get me a tank full of knockout gas and access to the roof. We feed the gas in through the ventilation system. While the gas is feeding I access the electronic security. That was WE Know who isn't affected. We traipse in with gas masks on and take EVERY hard drive, overload the security system where our op is replaced with footage from an oompa loompa dance troupe, and no one is any the wiser." She shrugs. "Easy Peasy."

Effie watched Wrench intently as she explained her plan. Carrying out a mission while all potential adversaries had been knocked out by gas... She certainly made it sound easy, but things usually never turned out that way.

"Gas? You have experience with that kind of thing, Wrench?"

Simple follows after Nogi, gun drawn and eyes still peeled for any threats, not saying anything for fear of potentially attracting unwanted attention.

"Nothing to it save a valve and coupler." She shrugs. "It's not really that difficult. Simple....as it stands walking in and taking what we need doesnt add up. The math is all wrong. Ok....we change the algebra."

The BFBG nodded his head in agreement.

"Certainly sounds like a great fucking plan, for a goddamn ten second drop. Thing is, ladies, I'm in the business of selling on jobs, not doing them with you.

If you want to go ahead and build a Team that can set that shit all up, along with whatever else the fuck you need, I'll go ahead and give you the details.

Otherwise, I think you're both too pretty to get shot, stabbed and set fire to or whatever crazy shit Arasaka likes to do to people they catch these days. Go! Find a Crew! Hire some fucking people! Let me know in 23 hours or so if I should find someone else."

The BFBG gestures towards the door.

------------------------------------------------------------

The space that Nogitsune and crew step into is a loading dock receiving area. Powered lifters, disused plastic pallets, an empty micro-office off to one side and severl doors, two very wide and one regualr-sized, lead away from the wide space.

All sorts of safety signs mark the walls, along with TImberwolves posters and charging stations for assorted electric gear. Above the two large doors are signs that say "Sound Stage" in scrolling neon letters, along with a smaller sign that says, "If a dio is li e, d ors are locked."

The place looks like it is half-way through renovation, with interior walls showing through and the micro-office half-disassembled.

After a couple of seconds, Wallace hears raucous laughter from above and another burst of gunfire..this time towards him. There's a dull impact into the meat of his left thigh...

((Hit, one round, Dual-purpose, 19 damage before Armour and BTM mod, left leg, AMT.))

Wallace flinches, before glancing at his unharmed leg. Thank god he armored up before he tried this. Gritting his teeth he popped out ((at the appropriate time naturally)) and fired his MPK into the window at full auto.

((H&K MPK-11, 4D6+1 damage, 30 round mag, 20 rounds per turn, Standard reliability, 200m range, critical fail roll (God fucking damnit)))

The space that Nogitsune and crew step into is a loading dock receiving area. Powered lifters, disused plastic pallets, an empty micro-office off to one side and several doors, two very wide and one regular-sized, lead away from the wide space.

All sorts of safety signs mark the walls, along with TImberwolves posters and charging stations for assorted electric gear. Above the two large doors are signs that say "Sound Stage" in scrolling neon letters, along with a smaller sign that says, "If a dio is li e, d ors are locked."

The place looks like it is half-way through renovation, with interior walls showing through and the micro-office half-disassembled.
** Nogitsune enters the micro-office first and looks for either a DataTerm or a junction box that would be used to hook up a DataTerm. If nothing like that is available in the micro-office check the door marked "Sound Stage". **

((One theoretical advantage to being a semi-Tech, with 5 Tech: Electronics skill, is I should be able to hotwire into any live data wiring thus am not being dependent on a physical and active DataTerms to get Net access.))

Last edited:
"Let's find a place we can work as quick as possible. Now that Wallace is not here, we don't know if the owners of this place will honor the deal".

The micro-office has a receptacle cluster including several hard-links to the Net. There is also the carefully gutted remains of a Dataterm.

Wallace pulls the trigger, only to hear a sodden clicking sound.

She nods and motions for Jade to follow.

"Yeah The Afterlife might be the place to hire a few others. Alot of what ifs. I hate this run and gun bullshit. Tech is who I am and what I do. We might actually wanna schedule this shit for a hit tommorrow night as it seems we have alot to do." She opens the door and thus begins the assault of what a bunch of boosters call music. "We get a couple more onboard...I'll spring for a hotel tonight."

The micro-office has a receptacle cluster including several hard-links to the Net. There is also the carefully gutted remains of a Dataterm.
** Nogitsune looks over the gutted Dataterm then turns to Hernando **
"Perhaps you could continue searching for one of these that is functional ** waves at the DataTerm ** or at least not gutted while I see what I can do with this?"

** Looks it over hoping at least the hard-links are still live and contemplating how to imitate an authorized DataTerm. Perhaps initially linking into ONLY the local (i.e. studio) net and collecting a few active DataTerm ID's. **

Last edited:
"Si, Senorita"

Hernando starts searching in the place. This is not really his line of job: usually the places he works are completely functional. But in his situation he can't protest. He takes a look to see if he discover any data term still operational. He hopes he can find something he can work, because he doesn't want to have to repair some of that equipment...

((Inteligence 10+Awareness 5+1d10 (6)= 21))

Top Bottom