Yet another buglist thread

+
There's a lot of people calling for overhaul of many things but I wanted to approach it from a different angle, hopefully giving any potential CDPR project / product managers who run into this some input into what really matters to some of the players.

I've spent over 70 hours in the game so far and it's been a lot of fun as I was able to chuckle and ignore most of the bugs, but today I found out that some of the mods simply don't work at all and others work incorrectly which made me question the current state of the game more. I can understand graphical issues but now I feel like the core mechanics are broken and I'll likely postpone playing it until February or so, once this is hopefully all fixed. That said, I thought it wouldn't hurt listing some of the more annoying things that I think should be fixed first and some of the less annoying ones that can wait a bit longer.

Things that are either game breaking, seriously annoying or a low-hanging fruit:
- cop AI / cops spawning right behind your back
- minimap not zooming out while driving making you miss every turn
- various mods not actually having any effect / not stacking properly
- various perks not having any effect
- walking / running sounds stop working after playing for some time (restarting the game works)

I think you could categorize the first two bugs above under "don't punish the player" and the second two as "don't lie to the player". That's why they are so annoying to me at least.

Things that break immersion but aren't critical (to me):
- vehicles spawning on one another / in the skies / partially under ground
- NPC AI (cowering for no reason, despawning when you turn around, etc.)
- palms & cactuses swaying so much they turn into liquid
- V t-posing above the vehicle while driving through certain parts of the city
- being one-shot killed by tech weapons through huge rocks and multiple walls (not sure if this is a bug but it definitely felt like one before I realized what's happening)
- all light billboards with ads switching / flickering while moving through the city
- various lights flickering while moving
- items (pieces of metal?) incorrectly spawning in the middle of the road in certain parts of the city
- not being able to move my mouse into corners of the screen in photo mode while playing in widescreen (3440x1440), therefore not being able to reach all UI components
- not seeing V's reflection in mirrors
- internal car camera being positioned too low for the player to actually see where they're going
- the Scrapper perk destroying expensive junk items (I had to use cheat engine to give myself 100k to reset perks once I realized that - that was fun)
- 2D cars despawning in the distance as you get closer
- Delamain calling while you're talking to someone else
- car's tires getting stuck under the road while driving (uphill)

That's all I can remember off the top of my head right now.

A note on the mods - even if they worked properly, I think they need an overhaul anyway. I'm often making a decision between using a 15% crit chance mod that came with the item and crafting myself a +100 armor armadillo that will lower my damage taken by 2.5 hp. This is a no brainer. Nobody should ever go for the armor, providing the mods stack correctly.

Lastly, thanks to all the developers, designers, QEs (I'm confident it wasn't your call to release it as is) and others involved for making this game a reality. It's fun and has a lot of potential to be a GOTY once all of the bugs are resolved.

Last edited:
Top Bottom