Yet another The Witcher review surfaces: OUUGH!

+
Yet another The Witcher review surfaces: OUUGH!

Prestigious internet magazine Ouugh Reviews has become the latest site to review everyone's favorite new RPG: The Witcher! Someone really ought to post this in news.http://ouugh.blogspot.com/2008/11/leisure-suit-geralt.htmlEnjoy, I know I did.

OMG, that is hilarious. What an awesome find. I definitely will have to link it and riff off the ideas on my fansite. . Taverns have a manly corner ... OMG LOL LOL LOL. Geralt: Here are some flowers. Lady: Lettuce make (expletive deleted) :dead:

Lol... ;D I love the "Coyote Ugly" moment extract from the house of the night...*Woo hoo 3 for 1 special!*Hey, were did she go?*Oh F***!

That's not a review; it's a juvenile parody of a review that attempts (unsuccessfully, in my opinion) to be funny.

I have a sneaking suspicion the guy who wrote it is not entirely serious with the way he wrote the review. ;D

Starwolf said:
I have a sneaking suspicion the guy who wrote it is not entirely serious with the way he wrote the review. ;D
Actually StarWolf, he tries to be - which is what makes it amusing.Like watching a prima donna strunt and ponce, only to fall flat on their face when they step on a bannan peel - one cant help but laugh at it.Ditto with the OTT "manly no-bullshit tough guy" attitude - he's trying to bash the game (aka Yahtzee) but falls flat on his face doing it. Overtenemy, aka Brodin, aka Halomasta360, aka (insert sock puppet name here) has been across (and banned from) a fair number of boards - RPGCodex, No Mutants allowed, Darwinia, etc.The standard opening line is usually "Prestigious internet magazine OUUUGH has reviewed...". I wonder how long he'll last on Witcher?

@LYC.... Ah, see, I didn't know about his track record. And you can see how we read stuff sometimes with our own personal filters... my witcher fan-site is pretty much just my terminally warped humor and personal hobbies fused with my raving lunatic fangirl approach to The Witcher and CDProjekt RED, so when I read his review......... well, I just cracked up at the unusual choice of games to compare it to, went total LOL LOL LOL at his snarky comments , and started thinking about what I could take-away from that as inspiration (or instigation) towards writing more humor content for my site....and I honestly (and perhaps cluelessly) thought the description of "prestigious internet magazine OUUUGH" was along the same lines of humor as my "The Witcher Weekly World News-- Your Only Official Authorized Newspaper of Temeria".I'll probably next end up believing that yes, they really did find Sasquatch, and Elvis truly is working at a fast food joint in Kansas.......... :whatthe: :beer:PS: I totally love your avatar image!!!!!

Starwolf said:
Ah, see, I didn't know about his track record. And you can see how we read stuff sometimes with our own personal filters...
No problems :). Sometimes I cant tell the difference between serious and parody sites at times. For example when I first heard of "Landover baptist....." :-[Ah well...
I'll probably next end up believing that yes, they really did find Sasquatch, and Elvis truly is working at a fast food joint in Kansas.......... :whatthe: :beer:
Holy crap? Elvis works in Kansas? I always through he was on his secret base on the moon! Next thing I know, you'll be telling me than Mr Sapkowski doesn't have a secret identity, Eriash isn't running a secret cult, and that I can't get a puppy from green beast kennels :'(Please - just dont take Batboy away from me.

Wait... "Prestigious internet magazine"? Since when is anything blogspot a prestigious internet magazine?I'm feeling an urge to be insanely cruel... but I'll bite my tongue. I have work to do. Some of us actually review games, perhaps not on such "prestigious internet magazines", but at least we do it in a professional manner.

didi510 said:
Wait... "Prestigious internet magazine"? Since when is anything blogspot a prestigious internet magazine?I'm feeling an urge to be insanely cruel... but I'll bite my tongue. I have work to do. Some of us actually review games, perhaps not on such "prestigious internet magazines", but at least we do it in a professional manner.
Yeah, professional's a good word for it...Unless we're creating fan fiction about Geralt carrying you off into the woods! :p

Well that's what that is called fiction, miss I heart Leon. Has nothing to do with reviews :p

Top Bottom